Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Five-year-old April Jones kidnapped in Machynlleth, Mid-Wales

That is not a good news conference. They've arrested someone.

I don't have any kids of my own, but have a rake of nieces and nephews. I lost a niece (for about two minutes) while out walking the dog. She was hiding in a bush. But my heart stopped. I can't really imagine what this girls parents are going through.

Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan of Dyfed Powys Police said a 46-year-old man was arrested in the Machynlleth area within the last hour and is being questioned at Aberystwyth police station. They hope he will help police locate her, but can give no more details.

Guardian ^

BBC said:
He said that the man arrested was being sought by police and was stopped while he was walking along a road outside the town. His vehicle has now been recovered.

Doesn't sound good. Either they've got the wrong guy or he's already 'enjoyed' her and she's dead.

My son overheard me telling my daughter a five year old was missing and said "Is it me?!" No, thank goodness it's not I thought.

The response from the community has been wonderful:

Dyfed-Powys Police have praised the "tremendous response" from the community since five-year-old April Jones was abducted while playing outside her home.

Hundreds of people joined in the search for April overnight around Machynlleth, and the leisure centre was jam packed with helpers on Tuesday.

Even refuse collections were suspended as council workers volunteered to help...

"We've had volunteers [searching] from as far afield as Manchester, Shrewsbury and Wrexham come to help, along with local people.

"A business in Aberystwyth is going to supply the people searching tonight with torches and waterproof clothing."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19797041

She's only a few months older than my youngest too. Is it just me or has there been a neverending run of horrible stories involving small kids lately (abductions, estranged fathers killing themselves and the kids etc). I want to switch off the world sometimes.

She's only a few months older than my youngest too. Is it just me or has there been a neverending run of horrible stories involving small kids lately (abductions, estranged fathers killing themselves and the kids etc). I want to switch off the world sometimes.

yes, it is really hard - I was crying reading that story and watching some horrendous footage of young children starving in the Yemen the other day. And these families self destructing and killing the kids. I have to switch over/not watch as it can be deeply saddening. At the same time that seems horribly self-centred. I just want to gather my kids to me and be thankful.

Some re[ports of a woman in tears being taken to spot where car was found! doesnt sound good!

man arrested is apparently known to the family, has been named too. Possible link to an attempted abduction in Aberystwyth recently.

I can't watch stuff like this since I've had pickle, the mere thought of it makes me start to panic, genuine panic, just at the thought :( my heart goes out to her parents, I just don't want to even think about it too hard :( I know that makes me quite shit :(

I can't watch stuff like this since I've had pickle, the mere thought of it makes me start to panic, genuine panic, just at the thought :( my heart goes out to her parents, I just don't want to even think about it too hard :( I know that makes me quite shit :(
no, I feel exactly the same way aqua.

Back
Top Bottom