Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

You're absolutely right, however, I do wonder how old their system was and when it was last updated. The hardware side of cybersecurity systems is not my area of expertise but I think the police may still use CDs to make two identical copies of interviews.

I would hazard a guess that the recording systems in use are not state of the art.
i don't suppose they are. but if i was a lawyer - prosecution or defence - i would want the original footage, not simply some copy, available for, as they say, fact verification and training purposes. it could so easily have been saved to a folder on the system rather than placed on disks which may or may not function later. as this has been an ongoing issue in policing for many years there is obviously some systemic difficulty and surely no one wants to be put in the position of apologising for yet another loss of police footage.

You're absolutely right, however, I do wonder how old their system was and when it was last updated. The hardware side of cybersecurity systems is not my area of expertise but I think the police may still use CDs to make two identical copies of interviews.

I would hazard a guess that the recording systems in use are not state of the art.
As far as I know some police forces were still using cassette tapes for interviews until fairly recently.

"A serving police officer, PC Luke Horner, of Thames Valley Police, has admitted to sexual activity with a 13-year-old girl, and recording the crime on her mobile phone ..."

Thames Valley Police officer admits sex with girl, 13, and recording crime on victim's mobile phone

_1572429_logo300.jpg

"The force has also referred the matter to the Independent Office for Police Conduct"

i don't suppose they are. but if i was a lawyer - prosecution or defence - i would want the original footage, not simply some copy, available for, as they say, fact verification and training purposes. it could so easily have been saved to a folder on the system rather than placed on disks which may or may not function later. as this has been an ongoing issue in policing for many years there is obviously some systemic difficulty and surely no one wants to be put in the position of apologising for yet another loss of police footage.
I think this raises an interesting point when is it an original recording, and when is it a copy? Also does an independent person make the copies?

There's also bound to be some systems that aren't digital and still rely on tape as the former. No system is going to constantly only use brand new tapes.

I suspect there needs to be a massive upgrading project around CCTV upgrading in police stations and custody suites, and that people are going to baulk at the cost, however necessary.

They do still record two cds.

Mine worked. Against me.

The LSD and magic mushrooms allegations were dismissed today for 'lack of evidence'. The hearing will continue tomorrow to make a decision on the cannabis allegation.

He told tribunal he refused to take drugs test because he took CBD oil for medical reasons and thought it would give a positive result.

Mother of murder victim on the Met:

Jasna Badzak, who was previously a protected witness in two trials of war criminals at The Hague, after fleeing her native Yugoslavia, said: "Putting criminals behind bars in The Hague was a piece of cake compared with dealing with the Metropolitan police."

The British Transport Police making a rare(ish) foray onto the thread courtesy of Derek Ridgewell falsifying evidence against two men who died in prison.

Some posters may recall this PC was later jailed himself for stealing mailbags, plus his involvement in the framing of the Oval Four and the Stockwell Six.

CCRC reviewing his involvement in anybody convicted and imprisoned.

And they're probably at some pains not to make them state of the art. Imagine the trouble it would cause if people could reasonably assume that incriminating evidence against the police was able to be found...

They might consider that preferable to apologising for a well-documented abuse of police powers.

Should anyone wish to explore the extent of Derek Ridgewell's corruption, one of the men he fitted up collaborated on a book : 'Rot at the core' by Graham Satchwell and Winston Trew:

The guardian article draws parallels between the book and Line of Duty.

The Compensation deductions rule has been scrapped, and not before time. Now MPs are apparently calling for anyone affected by this rule to have their deductions reimbursed:

Andrew Malkinson still has a wait of two years for his compensation.

Apparently when cleared years later after being found guilty it's still extremely hard to get compensation. That needs to be looked at too.
Absolutely. This is a simple calculation not integral calculus. A time period of 1 to 3 months should be more than enough time to get a calculation done, an amount proposed and approval given to release the funds.

Absolutely. This is a simple calculation not integral calculus. A time period of 1 to 3 months should be more than enough time to get a calculation done, an amount proposed and approval given to release the funds.
and there is no reason at all why they can't just immediately pay out, say £500k as an advance.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley: "Crazy" and "disrespectful to black and minority ethnic Londoners” ...

article-2536363-1A80016800000578-165_634x395.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

20111224082822!Metropolitan_Police_Logo.png

Metropolitan Police chief Sir Mark Rowley ‘crazy’ for not accepting the force is institutionally racist, says Louise Casey

No doubt it will be a relief to everyone to hear of further evidence that, as their leadership asserts, the Metropolitan Police is not institutionally racist:

Metropolitan Police only authorised baton rounds for black-led events, Freedom Of Information request reveals

I reckon Mr Malkinson should press for the GMP detectives involved in withholding evidence to be prosecuted and the bastards should lose the pensions they are likely now drawing. The notion that you could knowingly rob an innocent man of a significant portion of his life for the sake of a conviction at any cost is completely abhorrent. Those involved are complete fucking amoral scum.

Andrew Malkinson's conviction has been ruled as unsafe by appeal judges due to Greater Manchester Police withholding evidence at his trial

I think this could potentially form the basis for prosecution of those involved, whether they are still serving officers or not .

The Metropolitan Police have launched an "investigation" into the case of a young man who was attacked by a police dog in the street - after officers were called to deal with an incident in east London.

Nineteen-year-old Lavell Williams was left with serious injuries and permanent scarring to his arm - and his family says his mental health is still badly affected.

The Metropolitan Police said they would make sure that the full facts were examined in detail. Feel free to examine them for yourself:

Back
Top Bottom