Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Why is it that there is a preponderance of cases where there has been police misconduct and, in fact downright criminality and a common theme seems to be sexual in nature? What does this tell us about the police as they are currently structured and the criteria and vetting for employing individuals to serve in the police? Nothing good, frankly imo.

Why is it that there is a preponderance of cases where there has been police misconduct and, in fact downright criminality and a common theme seems to be sexual in nature? What does this tell us about the police as they are currently structured and the criteria and vetting for employing individuals to serve in the police? Nothing good, frankly imo.
funny you should make these observations, this just released:

It's looking at the institutionally racist aspect for the most part, but to me the sexual misconduct issues, the institutional bullying and the general attitude towards poor behaviours are all tied together and are part of same problem.

Sex crimes are about power rather than sex, per se.

What position in life can get you a fuck-ton of power over people when you are of limited mental/academic means?

Of course, one of the dreadful consequences of the endless succession of bad apples, who seem to spend their entire time leveraging their position in order to insert themselves into any available orifice, is the cynicism it breeds about the Police in general.

oCRmhrM.png

As a result when an honest bobby like 'whistleblowing former detective Tom Coling', the author of 'The Honest Cop' website exposes the shocking truth to, checks notes, the "Investigations Reporter for My Local Guardian", there will actually be cynics who accuse him of seeking to engage in cheap personal brand building by exploiting the issue of child sexual abuse.

mUHOON7.png

Should we not be encouraging the rehabilitation of people who have left one of London's largest crime families in order to become family law solicitors? After all, who better to advise in family law cases than someone who checks notes reported some child abuse activity but failed to get it dealt with.

Instead there will be sceptics who just point to the last time he revealed the shocking truth to, checks notes, a "Special Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph"

Met Police 'ordered child abuse detectives to caution innocent people to hit targets' (archived)

7sxJN8a.png

They will even try to fabricate some absurd insinuation out of the fact that, according to his Linked in profile, between that Telegraph story last October, and this latest one, his employment seems to have come to an end.

OF7m9PS.png

For shame I say. For shame.

Still he has had the opportunity to grow a very nice beard.

Met Commissioner says there are hundreds of sackings and prosecutions to come.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 08.08.51.png

It is strange how easy it seems to be to get rid of offending officers now, I'd always understood it was almost impossible without lengthy and difficult investigations and appeals etc.

They've always been doing this, it just wasn't deemed newsworthy not that long ago.

Have they? My impression was that police caught in nefarious illegal activities were normally censured and allowed to keep working. It's only recently they seem to have been dismissed for them.

Have they? My impression was that police caught in nefarious illegal activities were normally censured and allowed to keep working. It's only recently they seem to have been dismissed for them.

The change is that dismissals following convictions (and the reasoning behind them) are easy for the media to find out about now because its all published in once place; twenty years ago this wasn't the case unless they had someone at Court or they had access to (for the Met) Notices, where there was a brief summary of what that person had done and what the punishment was. I wouldn't say officers being arrested was common, but it happened often enough so that they specifically custody officers about what to do when an officer was arrested (basically they were put on a constant watch).

The change is that dismissals following convictions (and the reasoning behind them) are easy for the media to find out about now because its all published in once place; twenty years ago this wasn't the case unless they had someone at Court or they had access to (for the Met) Notices, where there was a brief summary of what that person had done and what the punishment was. I wouldn't say officers being arrested was common, but it happened often enough so that they specifically custody officers about what to do when an officer was arrested (basically they were put on a constant watch).
That will be part of it, but I can't believe there's for years been a similar number expelled/tried that we're seeing now

It is strange how easy it seems to be to get rid of offending officers now, I'd always understood it was almost impossible without lengthy and difficult investigations and appeals etc.
I suspect stuff wasn't happening before that should have been happening, so now the process is actually being applied and surprisingly after the few 20 cases or so, everyone has found out that actually it's a bit easier now the obstacles are out of the way.

Yes good point, and I assume they have the information on quite a few stacked up historic cases that they are only now dealing with.

Yes good point, and I assume they have the information on quite a few stacked up historic cases that they are only now dealing with.
I can imagine there's a lot of stuff already on record that's suddenly been found when people have left, cleared out their desks and gone 'now this fucker's time has come' as they walk out.

Impressive police recruit reaches uniform fitting stage, job offer withdrawn due to alleged disability discrimination over mental health. Then Police Scotland launches grant funded indicative around employee mental health and wellbeing

Epic

Two accounts of the same press conference by the Met’s chief scientific officer, Prof Lawrence Sherman

Met Police to use respectful language in new stop and search trial - The Independent

The force’s first chief scientific officer is leading a pilot of the scheme in the parts of London worst affected by stabbings, after the damning Casey report said Black men were being disproportionately targeted “at the cost of legitimacy and trust”.
also
The academic is also leading the Met’s new data-led approach to targeting the 100 men deemed to pose the highest risk to women and children. A model ranked suspects named in police reports by the prison time they would receive for the crimes, including rape and murder, so officers can focus on tracking down the most dangerous men on the loose.

Met expands use of crime data to focus on most serious criminals - The Guardian

The Met made its first arrest last month after ranking the 100 most dangerous men in London suspected of violence against women and girls (VAWG). The man is charged with serious offences against multiple victims and is due to appear in court this week. (...)

So far, the top 100 list has not included serving police officers, Sherman said, but the system would probably not have flagged the former officers Wayne Couzens, who murdered Sarah Everard, or the serial rapist David Carrick, because of the time frame and types of crimes that feed into the rankings.

How reassuring.

They've always been doing this, it just wasn't deemed newsworthy not that long ago.
Always?, that sounds a bit like you are suggesting the matter was always addressed with the Vigor it presently is, which would be bollox. (not that they do enough even now, just that they have a bit more of a light shining on their lack of accountability in practice)

Perhaps you mean they used to do a bit of it when they absolutely couldn't squirm out of it somehow?

Apologies if we've had this already, but it's hard to keep up with the tidal wave of sleave and noncery on this thread - ex Cleveland Chief Constable barred from serving due to gross misconduct (unwanted sexual comments):

He was perhaps the inspiration for the Wagatha North Sea phone incident in that his own phone had a few mishaps (in yet another investigation):
He said his decision was separate from a previous finding that Veale “lied to senior colleagues” before joining Cleveland police about damaging his mobile phone while playing golf.

Turner said Veale claimed his phone had been run over when he had accidentally broken it by hitting it.

Back
Top Bottom