Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

For hypocrisy and double standards at least.
I mean ...

... I agree with you but I have to say that my place has in the past looked like an Amsterdam coffee shop :oops:

I sort of class it alongside a police chief during prohibition or not coming out as gay over the last 30 years.

Always?, that sounds a bit like you are suggesting the matter was always addressed with the Vigor it presently is, which would be bollox. (not that they do enough even now, just that they have a bit more of a light shining on their lack of accountability in practice)

Perhaps you mean they used to do a bit of it when they absolutely couldn't squirm out of it somehow?

No, I am saying that the rate of dismissals (compared to the other reasons why people were leaving) is broadly the same now as it was back in 2002, and that the extra press attention given to these dismissals is mainly because they are more easily able to find out about them.

The LSD and magic mushrooms allegations were dismissed today for 'lack of evidence'. The hearing will continue tomorrow to make a decision on the cannabis allegation.

I’ve known a few cops who toke in my time. They weren’t DS but used to tip me off not to be in certain pubs on certain nights. Bizarre when they’d sometimes turn up in uniform, sit down and skin up though. Proper headfuck. I get the impression most bog standard coppers couldn’t care less about weed - shows the gulf between govt nonsense and practice. Wish it wasn’t such a postcode lottery though. Most of those II knew who joined up were violent cokeheads.

Last edited:
I’ve known a few cops who toke in my time. They weren’t DS but used to tip me off not to be in certain pubs on certain nights. Bizarre when they’d sometimes turn up in uniform, sit down and skin up though. Proper headfuck. I get the impression most big standard coppers couldn’t care less about weed - shows the gulf between govt nonsense and practice. Wish it wasn’t such a postcode lottery though. Most of those II knew who joined up were violent cokeheads.
At a party in finchley many years ago. The cops raid it. Two come upstairs where I have a spliff. They grab a couple of tokes. They hand it and say don't let the sarge catch you with that.

It's all a little too convenient for my liking:

View attachment 385557

Seem to be very specific bits of footage missing. If I needed file space I wouldn't delete the middle part of a file and leave both ends.

Also the police seem to suffer way more 'data corruption' than anyone else. This isn't the 70's where it's all on magnetic tape, storage space is not really an issue or shouldn't be for a police force required to handle lots of this kind of data.

It's all a bit bollocks. Everyone knows cd's aren't that great to save stuff on, that even in ideal conditions they degrade. Why wouldn't you put it on a usb stick or memory card - and why wouldn't you save the footage to a hard disk, internal or external? And for two cds to go tits up, a 50% loss rate?
You're absolutely right, however, I do wonder how old their system was and when it was last updated. The hardware side of cybersecurity systems is not my area of expertise but I think the police may still use CDs to make two identical copies of interviews.

I would hazard a guess that the recording systems in use are not state of the art.

Back
Top Bottom