Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Surely not another, single rotten apple?
Doubt it, I think even the authorities have realised that's not going to fly now.

There's more on his crimes in this BBC article :

It does contain interviews with his victims so be warned if you'd rather not read more about him. He has been jailed before though, this sentence is not his first prison sentence and it's 16 years in prison plus a further 8 on licence.

There's more on his crimes in this BBC article :

It does contain interviews with his victims so be warned if you'd rather not read more about him. He has been jailed before though, this sentence is not his first prison sentence and it's 16 years in prison plus a further 8 on licence.

4a1jhnA.jpg

Former Met PC Adam Provan

This fucker is another one who has featured on this thread before when he was initially convicted in 2018. From the BBC story linked to then

The girl's father had allowed the date to go ahead because he was "reassured" that Mr Provan was a serving police officer, Wood Green Crown Court heard.

In the Times more detail from the Judge's sentencing remarks yesterday:

Adam Provan: Met protected rapist officer as one of their own, says judge - Times (archived)

The judge accused the force of protecting “one of their own” after one of Provan’s victims, an officer, raised concerns about his behaviour to a line manager. Following a retrial in June at Wood Green crown court, north London, Provan was found guilty of raping her six times between 2003 and 2005. He was also convicted of twice raping a teenager whom he met on a blind date after lying about his age in August 2010. After he was jailed on Tuesday for 16 years with an eight-year extended licence, Provan’s rap sheet emerged in what is the worst case of failings since David Carrick (...)

Provan joined the Met in February 2003 and within three months was accused of sexually touching a 15-year-old girl. He was interviewed under caution but no further action was taken. In September that year, two members of the public raised concerns about Provan’s suitability for the role after citing his “overtly violent and sexual behaviour while growing up”. The Met said Provan was “referred to occupational health professionals”.

In 2005, a female colleague whom Provan was convicted of repeatedly raping raised a harassment complaint to a line manager but claimed she was “talked out of pursuing the allegation for the sake of her own career”. Provan was warned about his behaviour and told not to contact the woman. He went on to make contact with her between 2005 and 2009. Prosecutors said the woman, who is still a Met officer, “felt her allegations were swept under the carpet”.

Lucas said the “persistence and seriousness of Provan’s offending was clear when set out in the starkest terms”, adding that his actions have “brought disgrace on the police force”. The judge said he was troubled by how the Met handled the female officer’s initial complaints about Provan’s behaviour, in 2005. He told Provan: “While this cannot be laid at your door, I find it highly troubling that [the female officer’s] colleagues in the Metropolitan Police in 2004 and 2005 were more concerned about looking out for ‘one of their own’ than in taking her seriously and investigating her complaints about you.” Lucas said that if an investigation had been launched, the 16-year-old victim may have been spared. The woman said that she also reported assault and insurance fraud.

The Met said: “We will be speaking to her [the female officer whose complaints were ignored] as part of our review to understand this better.” The force said it would be reviewing a January 2014 report of Provan posting a telephone number through a woman’s letterbox in another force area. He was arrested in 2016 after intelligence checks showed it was his number. At the start of Provan’s two-day sentencing on Monday, the court was told he had an “extended history of allegations” of sexual misconduct stretching back to the 1990s and stored the numbers of 751 women in his phone, for which the Met is “looking” at the possibility of contacting them.

Revolting post-sentencing statement by the Met here - Statement following sentencing of Adam Provan - Metropolitan Police

“We heard in evidence that when one victim, a serving Met officer, reported allegations against Provan in 2005 these were not taken seriously. She therefore did not have the confidence to report she had been raped by him.

“We are sincerely sorry this was her experience and that she was let down by a system she trusted and was serving.

Well Sir Mark Rowley's ultimatum (for want of a better word, sorry, brain not working) has not gone down well - both a former Inspector of Constabulary and MIND have expressed grave concerns over the plan:

They're concerned that people needing care the most will be let down just when they need it.

Unless mental health funding is boosted, a catastrophe is on the horizon.

Mrs Frank works on the psychiatric intensive care unit. One of their patients, who has been sectioned because he represents a serious risk to himself and others, absconded from the ward. Because the courts are backed up, it took the hospital five days to get a warrant which compelled the police to go and look for him. Time enough that he could be in Buenos Aires by now.

Police were contacted as soon as this patient went missing but they didn't give a shit. The police force here aren't even doing the, 'don't bother responding to mental health emergencies' policy yet so there's not even a fig leaf of alternative procedures in place. Clearly though they've seen which way the wind is blowing and assumed they can just not bother doing their jobs from now on.

Last edited:
Revolting post-sentencing statement by the Met here - Statement following sentencing of Adam Provan - Metropolitan Police

Did they mention when the specific officer(s) who failed to act on these complaints will be interviewed under caution as possible accessories to Provan's crimes? Or is it just the half-arsed apology?

I always tell the kids I work with, don't apologise for something you're going to keep doing. Unless they're going to create ways of making police accountable for the consequences of their actions, the way the rest of us are, they're better off not apologising. Because they clearly don't actually give a shit.

There is greater detail regarding the activities of the Metropolitan Police's PC Tom Phillips here:

Metropolitan Police officer who sent ‘grossly offensive’ racist messages to ex-partner jailed

74746959-12447871-image-a-49_1693043163210.jpg

74746731-12447871-image-m-24_1693042942068.jpg

74746733-12447871-image-a-46_1693043060464.jpg

74746735-12447871-image-m-45_1693043057484.jpg

20111224082822!Metropolitan_Police_Logo.png

As the sentencing Judge, Louisa Cieciora, said to the publicity-shy and safety conscious PC Tom Phillips of the Metropolitan Police:

"You were a serving police officer at the time, and serving police officers are expected to reflect the values of our society, to protect those who are vulnerable, and not to have or demonstrate bias based on personality characteristics.

‘The probation officer said your language and actions demonstrate you harbour those core beliefs of racial hatred as well as misogyny.

I am not persuaded there is a realistic prospect of rehabilitation and I am satisfied appropriate punishment can only be achieved by immediate custody.’

South Wales Police have settled a civil claim over their inappropriate treatment of a disabled woman with Complex PTSD, severe anxiety, depression, and two herniated discs in her back.

Louise Badman, a victim of child sexual abuse, said three officers awoke her at 2am following a false allegation by someone she'd never met. She spoke to them through a window and asked them to "come back at a more reasonable hour". One of them put their hand through the window and unlocked the door. They barged in and "grabbed her aggressively."

"I was in my pyjamas, I didn't have any footwear on and they pinned me against the wall and 'cuffed me," she said.

"Because of the position of where my arms were I was in considerable pain, I was screaming at them to stop as they were hurting me, and my pyjama bottoms fell down.

"I was standing there, exposed, and the officers made no effort to pull up my bottoms or preserve my dignity."

Ms Badman said after being handcuffed she asked for water, a gown or a blanket, but was refused all three by the officers.

"I was shivering in the van and my bottoms fell down again, I again asked for a blanket and this was refused.

"I was shaking and I think I went into shock, and I started vomiting, I was begging them for a medic."

She said that she was denied a medic and was not given a cup to drink water from the dispenser in her cell.

"They didn't abide by the duty of care, I just felt unworthy," she said.

Ms Badman has received £40,000 in compensation. She said the money and SWP's apology were "meaningless" if no change were to happen: "I want there to be change and for the officers to be punished. If we attacked an officer, we would be in prison, the same thing should happen to them."

You might remember the perhaps questionable PR skills of South Wales Police's Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Bacon. Regarding this incident, DCC Bacon said:

I have apologised for the actions of officers when Ms Badman was arrested and handcuffed, and for the distress caused.

I am aware that these events were traumatic and have damaged her confidence in the police as well as her health. I hope the apology and settlement of the civil proceedings will rebuild her confidence in the police, and start the healing process.

Porthcawl disabled woman recalls trauma of night-time arrest

I hope the officers involved are facing disciplinary action for their failure to show a basic duty of care.

And I sincerely doubt that mealy mouthed apology has done much to increase her confidence in the South Wales Police.

Number of Met officers facing misconduct hearings rises to 260 - Evening Standard

The number of Met officers facing misconduct hearings has risen to 260, Sir Mark Rowley revealed on Wednesday as he issued a new warning that “ghastly” cases involving his force could go on for years. The Met Commissioner said that although his purge of rogue officers had already led to a record number of dismissals, his determination to deal with past failures would “continue to bring awful cases into public glare.”

He added that “the reality of investigative timescales and court caseloads means this could continue for months and even years to come” and that he wanted to alert the public to the prospect of further disturbing revelations about his officers.

Short statement from Rowley:
Sir Mark Rowley: This rogues’ gallery of terrible Met officers doesn’t reflect my force — change is underway - Evening Standard

AIgydKc.png

A Lancashire police sergeant, Justin Fraser, who stalked another officer and used police IT systems to check up on her whereabouts has been jailed.

The 51-year-old's conduct came to light when the force's anti-corruption unit was investigating a complaint into the behaviour of two officers.

Fraser, of Liverpool, was jailed for 21 months at Preston Crown Court.

Lancashire Police officer who stalked colleague jailed

This is in connection with a tribunal won by a female firearms officer who was bullied out of her role due to sexist and other outdated attitudes, reported recently.

It was noted at the time that an investigation into one officer for perjury due to the testimony given at the tribunal was underway.

Back
Top Bottom