Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Did we see the Channel 4 investigation into Great Manchester Police?

Commitment to doubling the number of arrests is leading to abuse / neglect of people in custody. Again, the police seem to be strip searching people.

Concerning the above apparently the Republican group who were going to stage the protest were in talks with the Met beforehand and then they just went ahead and arrested them anyway, possibly illegally as they gave no reason for the arrests.

In other news:

I did not know who the Night Safety Team are, more info below, but what the fuck?

E2a Reason for arrest:

1683391442986.png :facepalm:

Last edited:
Concerning the above apparently the Republican group who were going to stage the protest were in talks with the Met beforehand and then they just went ahead and arrested them anyway, possibly illegally as they gave no reason for the arrests.

In other news:

I did not know who the Night Safety Team are, more info below, but what the fuck?

The (eventual) paltry payouts for illegal arrest will already have been factored into the £150 billion or gazillion or whatever that the entire shitshow cost

Richard Bartholomew has just tweeted a short thread linking these arrests to a scare story in the Mail about how eco-activists were going to use rape alarms to disrupt the coronation.

g1CWBmi.png

Twitter link to Bartholomew's thread.

Bartholomew refers to the Mail, who seem to have been first to publish late on Saturday April 22nd.

Extremists' vile plot to spook King's horses with rape alarms could cause 'injuries or even deaths' - Mail (22nd April) (Archived)

Former Grenadier Guardsman Julian Perreira likened the tactic to terrorism and warned it could result in the deaths of soldiers and spectators. Writing in this newspaper, he said: ‘If a cavalryman – with the full weight of his gleaming ceremonial breast-plate and helmet – was thrown from his terrified horse, he could easily be killed. And just imagine the horrifying consequences of several 1,500lb horses bolting into a packed crowd of spectators. Dozens of members of the public, including children, could end up dead or seriously injured.’

Last night, Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle condemned the rape alarm plot, saying: ‘Mindless behaviour of this sort would be utterly and totally unacceptable on any day. ‘But it would be reckless beyond belief to seek to sabotage the Coronation by scaring the horses, not just for the animals’ own welfare but for the safety of the thousands of spectators lining the route. I hope the authorities will do all they can to prevent such insanity.’ And former Cabinet Minister Jacob Rees-Mogg said: ‘This is not legitimate protest – this is hooliganism with a veneer of protest.’

Charlie Lane, a horse expert and former commanding officer of The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, said that if rape alarms went off ‘some horses will react more violently than others’. He added: ‘I would be distinctly uncomfortable about it. There is a risk that individual riders are going to fall off, there is a risk horses are going to be injured.’ Dr Debbie Marsden, an equine behaviour expert, said: ‘If a horse spooks, they all have their own way of reacting to it. They are likely to throw their heads up and/or leap to the side away from the object. If one horse reacts, it can cause a bit of a chain reaction. It could lead to an accident.’

Separately from the briefing from security sources, the MoS has independently discovered that the hard-Right English Constitution Party has used Twitter to urge supporters to protest at the Coronation, and ‘bring rape alarms’.

But the story was picked up by a number of other papers over the next 24 hours (the following links are also all archived apart from the Sky News one).

Inside extremists' plot to spook King Charles's horses with rape alarms during Coronation - Express (23rd April)

Protesters ‘to throw rape alarms at King’s horses during coronation’ - Metro News (23rd April)

Sick plot to spook King's horses with rape alarms at Coronation, say security sources - Daily Star (24th April)

Deputy PM Oliver Dowden went on Times Radio to express the Government's concern about this 'threat'. This was picked up by Sky News that day:

Government taking coronation security threats 'very seriously' after reports rape alarms will be thrown at horses - Sky News (23rd)

Deputy prime minister Oliver Dowden has responded to reports in a Sunday newspaper that activists would cause disruption to the ceremony.

and his comments were reported in the Times the next day

Alarm at protesters’ plot to startle police horses during coronation - Times (24th April)

Oliver Dowden said that intelligence reports had been received suggesting that protesters might try to spook horses in the ceremonial procession by throwing rape alarms. This has raised fears that the horses could bolt into crowds during the events on May 6. Dowden confirmed that the threats were being considered at the top of government.

So I imagine we will be told that really the filth "were only doing their job".

Last edited:
Richard Bartholomew has just tweeted a short thread linking these arrests to a scare story in the Mail about how eco-activists were going to use rape alarms to disrupt the coronation.

g1CWBmi.png

Twitter link to Bartholomew's thread.

Bartholomew refers to the Mail, who seem to have been first to publish late on Saturday April 22nd.

Extremists' vile plot to spook King's horses with rape alarms could cause 'injuries or even deaths' - Mail (22nd April) (Archived)

But the story was picked up by a number of other papers over the next 24 hours (the following links are also all archived apart from the Sky News one).

Inside extremists' plot to spook King Charles's horses with rape alarms during Coronation - Express (23rd April)

Protesters ‘to throw rape alarms at King’s horses during coronation’ - Metro News (23rd April)

Sick plot to spook King's horses with rape alarms at Coronation, say security sources - Daily Star (24th April)

Deputy PM Oliver Dowden went on Times Radio to express the Government's concern about this 'threat'. This was picked up by Sky News that day:

Government taking coronation security threats 'very seriously' after reports rape alarms will be thrown at horses - Sky News (23rd)

and his comments were reported in the Times the next day

Alarm at protesters’ plot to startle police horses during coronation - Times (24th April)

So I imagine we will be told that really the filth "were only doing their job".
The same Blue Lyin'/headline-hungry hack circle jerk that previously gave us classics like twenty quid and a packed lunch, and of course THE TRUTH.

For. Fucks. Sake.

How stupid are they???

I mean, sure, there's the possibility of using rape alarms to startle horse, but the actual probability? Low.

Surely parade horse and police horses are chosen to be not easily startled by sudden noises, rape alarm generated, explosion, gunshot or anything sodding else.

Dickheads. Just an excuse to trample the freedom to protest especially under this new law that was quietly ushered in on Wednesday.

Surely parade horse and police horses are chosen to be not easily startled by sudden noises, rape alarm generated, explosion, gunshot or anything sodding else.

Certainly used to be trained for it. In this short film you can see some of the training. I can see a starting pistol being fired and a character with a vuvuzela. I assume they would also been acclimatised to far worse things - petrol bombs, air horns, footie fans singing Vindaloo and so on.

But that film is five years old. These days they're probably more focussed on ensuring that police horses fully embrace the culture, values and practises of modern policing.

have we had this one?

"A police officer nicknamed “Creepy Campbell” has been sacked after sending anonymous texts to a junior female officer asking for sex."

I love how PC B's allegations were found not to be proven because she admitted his nickname of Creepy Campbell may have influenced her reading of the situation.

Yeah, because someone with that nickname has purely innocent intentions and taking his nickname into account unfairly tarnishes his character. Un-fucking-believable.

Lancashire Police won't face any action from the information Commissioner over the release of Nicola Bullet's personal information:

The investigation by the College of Policing over their investigation into Nicola's disappearance is ongoing with a report expected in the autumn.

I don't think there's any defence to be honest, they were all arrested, detailed for 18 hours then released without charge. Complete abuse of powers.

They are almost universally getting a kicking on Twitter pretty much every time they post something.
I mean, they were doing their absolute utmost to engage with the Met, protest at appropriate places in a minimally disruptive manner and the Met just seem to have completely panicked, lost the plot and arrested them as they were unloading.

I mean, they were doing their absolute utmost to engage with the Met, protest at appropriate places in a minimally disruptive manner and the Met just seem to have completely panicked, lost the plot and arrested them as they were unloading.
Oh it wasn't just them it was Just Stop Oil and some animal rights people who were about 4 miles from the coronation route but still got arrested. Their excuse regarding the Republic ppl's arrest is that although Republic has been in talks with the protest liaison team that team had not passed any info on to the officers that made the arrests.

E2A Then then there's the Westminster safety team arrested for giving out rape alarms as I posted above. They came out with guff regarding they'd they had 'intelligence' that rape alarms were going to be used to scare horses in the parade. This was later backed up by a Daily Fail front page screaming the same and it appears that the guy in charge of the press office at the Met is an ex-Fail hack. How convenient. But this too was demolished by people who pointed out that horses used by the military and the police have training in coping with loud noises.

Last edited:
Oh it wasn't just them it was Just Stop Oil and some animal rights people who were about 4 miles from the coronation route but still got arrested. Their excuse regarding the Republic ppl's arrest is that although Republic has been in talks with the protest liaison team that team had not passed any info on to the officers that made the arrests.
I'd love to know what the protest liaison team have to say about that.

And Sir Mark Rowley defends the policing around the Coronation Six

Interesting bit about the criminal network, and cops working superhard to round them up, only to completely fuck it up. Reckon they'd not have been released w/o charge if there had been white paint, so think you can add libel to the list

The BBC article has been updated to include comments from Alasdair Morgan who says it's nothing new, more of the same old incompetence from the Met.

Back
Top Bottom