Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Feminism and a world designed for men

FWIW today I was reminded of how baby slings often seemed to be designed for men, or at least people with much bigger shoulders than me. Mine are sorta averagely narrow, I think, but every sling I used (even the ones as recent as six years ago) were made for people with a much longer shoulder to baby length than me. The tie-up ones are supposed to be better, but even they were difficult. Slings were still very useful, but the men I've known who've used them have found them really easy, and, well, they should not be the main market, the people who are breastfeeding should be.

FWIW today I was reminded of how baby slings often seemed to be designed for men, or at least people with much bigger shoulders than me. Mine are sorta averagely narrow, I think, but every sling I used (even the ones as recent as six years ago) were made for people with a much longer shoulder to baby length than me. The tie-up ones are supposed to be better, but even they were difficult. Slings were still very useful, but the men I've known who've used them have found them really easy, and, well, they should not be the main market, the people who are breastfeeding should be.
Fwiw I'd say you have pretty averageish women shoulders so yeah.

interesting article here. When the doctor doesn’t listen

I think stats support that when a woman says she is in pain or feels unwell - its much more likely to be attributed to a psychological reason than a man presenting with similar symptons. What was the stat about women with endrometriosis being typically undiagnosed for over a decade

I have personally seen doctors say 'we dont know whats wrong with you so you can go home' to a dangerously ill woman in hospital, approx 6 hours before doing an emergency life saving operation.

I'd be interested to see the research on long covid.
Can we get back to the discussion about systematic disregard of women's pain or medical symptoms? Please.

(Can anyone wanting to chat shit about cocks ffs go start your own thread)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom