Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Going back to arrests and discussion on here as whether the police numbers allowed for many to take place

Hopefully a high number of the fascists are identified and have their doors knocked today, so are taken off the streets and put on remand
Social media will do almost as much damage as custody.
I was surprised to see that someone in my street was imprisoned recently ...
Let this be our Jan 6th ...

Just seen this, for any Londoner/Sussex types around:

🚨 Share far and wide

Fascists have called a demo this Friday (9 August) outside a hotel housing asylum seekers in Crawley.

Join us opposing them.

In recent days we have seen huge far-right riots across English towns and cities, sparked by years of anti-migrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric and demonisation by the mainstream media, the political class and racist grifter “Tommy Robinson”. Mosques and hotels housing asylum seekers have been attacked and set on fire.

We are calling on all antifascists from London and the surrounding areas to make plans to oppose the far right in Crawley this Friday.

Arrive and leave in groups, act responsibly, look out for each other and never back down to fascist aggression.

5pm, Friday 9 August at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley, Haslett Avenue East, Three Bridges, Crawley, RH10 1UA.

Nearest train station: Three Bridges.

Called by autonomous antifascist committee (London)

Supported by BLM UK, AFN, LAF, PLAN C, D161 + more groups.

D161 is a new one on me, presumably that's a die with a huge amount of sides, although google suggests it could also be a steam engine or a chemical known as a triple reuptake inhibitor.

🚨 Share far and wide

Fascists have called a demo this Friday (9 August) outside a hotel housing asylum seekers in Crawley.

Join us opposing them.

In recent days we have seen huge far-right riots across English towns and cities, sparked by years of anti-migrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric and demonisation by the mainstream media, the political class and racist grifter “Tommy Robinson”. Mosques and hotels housing asylum seekers have been attacked and set on fire.

We are calling on all antifascists from London and the surrounding areas to make plans to oppose the far right in Crawley this Friday.

Arrive and leave in groups, act responsibly, look out for each other and never back down to fascist aggression.

5pm, Friday 9 August at Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley, Haslett Avenue East, Three Bridges, Crawley, RH10 1UA.

D161 is a new one on me, presumably that's a die with a huge amount of sides, although google suggests it could also be a steam engine or a chemical known as a triple reuptake inhibitor.

161 is Anti Fascist Action. D is... a letter.

Do you think footage filmed from behind police lines would let you accurately gauge what was going on then? Obvs questions about editing too.
I remember the scale of the damage caused then, particularly in Liverpool 8. I moved to the city in 1982 and there were still burnt-out buildings and plots where the ruins had been cleared. It was on a very different scale from what I've seen in footage so far either from now or the riots in 2011.

I remember the scale of the damage caused then, particularly in Liverpool 8. I moved to the city in 1982 and there were still burnt-out buildings and plots where the ruins had been cleared. It was on a very different scale from what I've seen in footage so far either from now or the riots in 2011.
soz my mistake - bleary eyed reading made me think you meant fewer then, which on rereading wasn't what you meant at all.

cupid_stunt, I've just looked at a map, is Crawley close enough to Worthing to count as your turf?

Thanks, but it's about 30 miles away, I am sure plenty of anti-fascists will turn out for that TBH.

Brighton is on the list, that's nearer, so I did think about it, but it's still over 15 miles, and again I am sure there'll be plenty of anti-fascists supporters there too.

I am between Littlehampton & Worthing, so those two towns are the ones I would be more interested in.

🚨 Share far and wide

Join us opposing them.

Have you got any links to were fash are advertising, as this is my work patch and I’m wondering if I should raise awareness for protection of crews at work.

the Brentford one an odd choose , the building called the mille and it a hot desk space hosting space

fash going to kick off the poor lads down in subway on the button floor all night:hmm:

the Brentford one an odd choose , the building called the mille and it a hot desk space hosting space

fash going to kick off the poor lads down in subway on the button floor all night:hmm:

Some of these are going to end up having heavy QAnon, raid the pizza place vibes I suspect. Small turnouts harassing random workers. Especially if those offices close for the day which I imagine they might do.

Have you got any links to were fash are advertising, as this is my work patch and I’m wondering if I should raise awareness for protection of crews at work.
Sorry, the post above is all I know about it...I saw FLAF saying that a lot of it is coming through a facebook group called Football Lads United, which is a closed group but might well be useful for info if anyone can get in?

I got it in WhatsApp, not. going to say who from.

Appears to be from a WhatsApp group called southport wake up
Seen the group now , theres some screenshots on Twitter regarding a member of it, Aaron Vance who manages to combine being an ' up coming rogue Ethno-Nationalist political leader' withe being a keen Assasins Creed gamer

Going back to arrests and discussion on here as whether the police numbers allowed for many to take place

Hopefully a high number of the fascists are identified and have their doors knocked today, so are taken off the streets and put on remand
Remand is the thing. Yvette Copper was on talking about gearing up the courts...but everybody knows the prisons are stretched...and this needs custodials

Is anyone collecting info on the events being planned? Fash are organising openly on Facebook from what I've seen, a central list of where they're coming out would be helpful.
Going back to this: Hope Not Hate did one list ahead of the weekend, that's obviously a bit out of date now but likely they'll do more in future:
In terms of counterdemos, SUTR is probably the place where you're most likely to find a centralised list:
I didn't think of AFN as being hugely active these days, but I did see that their insta is still sharing a fair amount of stuff in the "stories" mode, don't know if you can view those if you're not logged in:

I have seen the below list circulated
But this will just be one group, they probably won't target them all and other groups will have different lists.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LADS

THEY WONT STOP COMING UNTIL YOU TELL THEM...

NO MORE IMMIGRATION

8PM

MASK UP

SPREAD THIS AS FAR AND WIDE AS YOU CAN
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

BIRMINGHAM
- Refugee and migrant centre, Frederick Street, B1 3HN

First I've heard of this. I suspect that this is just a list of places that someone has circulated in the hope of inspiring others out on to the street.

Let's put it this way, if the fash are coming here into the centre of Brum I take my hat off to them because they will be the proverbial, and quite possibly literal, lambs to the slaughter.

But this will just be one group, they probably won't target them all and other groups will have different lists.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LADS

NO MORE IMMIGRATION

8PM

MASK UP

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

ALDERSHOT
- Immigration Advisors Ltd, Victoria Road, GU11 1TH

CANTERBURY
- UK Immigration Clinic, Canterbury Innovation Centre, CT2 7FG

CHATHAM
- Immigration Status UK, Maidstone Road, ME5 9FD

CHELMSFORD
- UK Immigration Information Centre, Violet Close, CM1 6XG

BEDFORD
- Immigration INN, Ford End Road, MK40 4JT

BIRMINGHAM

BLACKBURN
- Rafiq Immigration Services, Whalley Road, BB5 1AA

BLACKPOOL
- Immigration Solicitors, Enterprise Centre, Lytham Road, FY1 1EW

BOLTON
- Deane & Bolton Immigration lawyers, Chorley new road, BL1 4QR

BRENTFORD
- UK Immigration Help, Great West End, TW8 9HH

BRIGHTON
- Raj Rayan Immigration, Queens Road, BN1 3XF

BRISTOL
- Gya Williams Immigration, West Street, BS2 0BL

CHEADLE
- Intime Immigration Services, Brooks Drive, SK8 3TD

DERBY
- Immigration advisory Service, Normanton Road, DE23 6US
HARROW
- Yes UK Immigration, Pinner Road, HA1 4HN

HASTINGS
- Black Rock Immigration, Cambridge Gardens, TN34 1EN

HULL
- Conroy Baker Immigration Lawyer, Norwich House, Savile Street, HU1 3ES

KENT
- Kent Immigration and advice, Castle Hill Road, CT16 1QG

LINCOLN
- Immigration Lawyer Services, Carlton Mews, LN2 4FJ

LIVERPOOL
- Merseyside Refugee Centre, Overbury Street, L7 3HJ

MIDDLESBOROUGH
- Immigration advice centre, Linthorpe Road, TS1 4AT

NEWCASTLE
United Immigration Services - Westgate Road, NE4 9PQ

NORTH FINCHLEY
- Immigration and Nationality Services, Percy Road, N128BU

NORTHAMPTON
- Zenith Immigration Lawyers, Talbot Road, NN1 4JB

NOTTINGHAM
East Midlands Immigration Services - Stonesbury Vale NG2 7UR

OLDHAM
- Expert Immigration - Ellen Street 0L9 6QR

OXFORD
- Asylum Welcome, Magdelen Road, OX4 1RE

PETERBOROUGH
- Smart Immigration Services, Lincoln Road, PE1 2PN

PORTSMOUTH
- UK Border Agency, Kettering Terrace, PO2 8QN

PRESTON
- Adriana Immigration Services, Church Street PR1 3BS

ROTHERHAM
- Parker Rhodes Immigration Lawyer, The Point S60 1BP

SHEFFIELD
- White Rose Visas, Wilkinson Street, S10 2GJ

STOKE
- ZR Visas, Metcalfe Road, ST6 7AZ

SOUTHAMPTON
- Y-Axis Immigration Consultants, Grosvenor Square, SO15 2BG

SOUTHEND
- MNS Immigration Solicitors, Ditton Court Road, SS0 7HG

SUNDERLAND
- North of England Refugee Service, High Street East, SR1 2AX

TAMWORTH
- Lawrencia & Co immigration solicitors, Amber Business Village, B77 4RP

WALTHAMSTOW
- Waltham Forest Immigration Bureau, Hoe Street, E17 3AP

WIGAN
- Support for Wigan Arrivals Project, Penson Street WN1

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LADS

NO MORE IMMIGRATION

8PM

MASK UP

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

ALDERSHOT
- Immigration Advisors Ltd, Victoria Road, GU11 1TH

CANTERBURY
- UK Immigration Clinic, Canterbury Innovation Centre, CT2 7FG

CHATHAM
- Immigration Status UK, Maidstone Road, ME5 9FD

CHELMSFORD
- UK Immigration Information Centre, Violet Close, CM1 6XG

BEDFORD
- Immigration INN, Ford End Road, MK40 4JT

BIRMINGHAM

BLACKBURN
- Rafiq Immigration Services, Whalley Road, BB5 1AA

BLACKPOOL
- Immigration Solicitors, Enterprise Centre, Lytham Road, FY1 1EW

BOLTON
- Deane & Bolton Immigration lawyers, Chorley new road, BL1 4QR

BRENTFORD
- UK Immigration Help, Great West End, TW8 9HH

BRIGHTON
- Raj Rayan Immigration, Queens Road, BN1 3XF

BRISTOL
- Gya Williams Immigration, West Street, BS2 0BL

CHEADLE
- Intime Immigration Services, Brooks Drive, SK8 3TD

DERBY
- Immigration advisory Service, Normanton Road, DE23 6US
HARROW
- Yes UK Immigration, Pinner Road, HA1 4HN

HASTINGS
- Black Rock Immigration, Cambridge Gardens, TN34 1EN

HULL
- Conroy Baker Immigration Lawyer, Norwich House, Savile Street, HU1 3ES

KENT
- Kent Immigration and advice, Castle Hill Road, CT16 1QG

LINCOLN
- Immigration Lawyer Services, Carlton Mews, LN2 4FJ

LIVERPOOL
- Merseyside Refugee Centre, Overbury Street, L7 3HJ

MIDDLESBOROUGH
- Immigration advice centre, Linthorpe Road, TS1 4AT

NEWCASTLE
United Immigration Services - Westgate Road, NE4 9PQ

NORTH FINCHLEY
- Immigration and Nationality Services, Percy Road, N128BU

NORTHAMPTON
- Zenith Immigration Lawyers, Talbot Road, NN1 4JB

NOTTINGHAM
East Midlands Immigration Services - Stonesbury Vale NG2 7UR

OLDHAM
- Expert Immigration - Ellen Street 0L9 6QR

OXFORD
- Asylum Welcome, Magdelen Road, OX4 1RE

PETERBOROUGH
- Smart Immigration Services, Lincoln Road, PE1 2PN

PORTSMOUTH
- UK Border Agency, Kettering Terrace, PO2 8QN

PRESTON
- Adriana Immigration Services, Church Street PR1 3BS

ROTHERHAM
- Parker Rhodes Immigration Lawyer, The Point S60 1BP

SHEFFIELD
- White Rose Visas, Wilkinson Street, S10 2GJ

STOKE
- ZR Visas, Metcalfe Road, ST6 7AZ

SOUTHAMPTON
- Y-Axis Immigration Consultants, Grosvenor Square, SO15 2BG

SOUTHEND
- MNS Immigration Solicitors, Ditton Court Road, SS0 7HG

SUNDERLAND
- North of England Refugee Service, High Street East, SR1 2AX

TAMWORTH
- Lawrencia & Co immigration solicitors, Amber Business Village, B77 4RP

WALTHAMSTOW
- Waltham Forest Immigration Bureau, Hoe Street, E17 3AP

WIGAN
- Support for Wigan Arrivals Project, Penson Street WN1 2LP
The Newcastle one is a tiny office, but in a larger small business centre and right next to a mosque.

"Protesting" outside offices at 8pm is an odd choice to start with. I wonder how many of these will actually happen.

I was about to say, they always had a rep for being used by people having affairs, and workers who are doing over night jobs, and people passing through on a long drive. But still, not holidays.
And what locals use their local Holiday Inn? I mean, I know there’s several in Glasgow but I’ve never been in one!

I’ve been in inexpensive chain hotels when I’m travelling, though. On the way somewhere and need to break my journey. (Usually Premier Inn, but still). But “locally”? Why would I?

Positive story from a mosque in Liverpool

Mosque leaders find moments of hope after violent disorder

...A counter-demonstration drew a several hundred more people and, once the situation had calmed, mosque volunteer Adam Kelwick and other worshippers crossed over in an attempt to speak to those present. The mosque’s chairman Dr Abdul Hamid, a family doctor, believes there is a "fear of the unknown", adding: "If they don’t get answers, they will try to find any excuse to label you." Scratching below the surface of what was going on, Mr Kelwick said he found people not be motivated by anything in particular - rather just lashing out in a state of general frustration. He said: "None of the people who I spoke to mentioned Southport. I don’t think they knew what they were protesting about - I think they’re just angry, fed up.” In fact, he said there were "beautiful interactions" as the group from the mosque were able to "break bread" and listen to some people's concerns in "deep conversations". Photographs showed the sharing of food, hugs and handshakes were among the more positive posts being shared widely on social media. "Some of the most vocal protesters, after everyone else had gone, came inside the mosque for a little tour," Mr Kelwick added.

Back
Top Bottom