Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

I wonder if his plan is to slip over to the north side of the island.
His film repeated allegations he already lost a deformation case for making. That's the court case he's dodging...5 star in Ayia Napa ..can't loose what he's already spent... must have been booked prior to the the Southport butchery.

Nor is pearl-clutching about the motivations of the demonstrators or bad-faith hand wringing about the potential for "further violence".
I think it's possible to engage with people in good conscience who seem to be acting/talking in good faith without resorting to insulting and belittling them.

I used to be of the opinion that violence was never justified until a chatting with a friend who discussed the issue with me in a civilised manner and who recommended I read Peter Gelderloos' book How Nonviolence Protects the State, which has chapters about the US civil rights movement, the Stonewall riot, the Suffragettes, etc, and basically made the point that no one ever won their rights by asking for them politely.

Those who wield power over others generally don't cede it willingly.

View attachment 436615

Iris Duane 🍉 @iris_frs
This was 5 days ago. That hotel has now been attacked. This is what enables the far right.

Sarah Edwards for Tamworth [at]SarahEdwardsTam Jul 3
This is not the first time I have raised in the chamber that residents of Tamworth
want their hotel back. I will work closely with the new Government and Home
Secretary to end the use of the Holiday Inn for asylum purposes.

nitter link

Anyone still think the Labour Party are left wing?
Screenshot_20240805-024012~2.pngThe hypocrisy is astounding. How and why does she think that hotel was targeted?

Ok can i refer to my post and explain what I mean, yes I can. Re: blaming parents and apparently 'scum 15/16 y/os'

--

*If we blame the parents, why isn't society protecting or supporting parents and their environment?

The idea that parents are ultimately responsible comes with a lot of baggage. Benefits are strict, public services are pretty much gone. Black or white or Muslim.

*What would you expect to happen, happy families of well behaved, well adjusted children.

Fewer police, more organised crime. Greater brutality. (but wait I'd have to give these people some sense of worth :()

*If you don't think the poorest in society have been abandoned, let down and given shithate for the results of it I don't think we agree.

It's been going on for decades through my life. (bufftuff can't say that)

'Housing and food is insecure, jobs and union involvement is fragmented.'

*Popular resistance is fronted by Billionaire backed Nazis after their own cut. Andrew Tate tells the boys this is good.

Pretty much why we are here.

*Now every neighbourhood, area just wants to prove they are 'game'.

Yep. That's what you are seeing.
You have a point.

While the spark for the 2011 riots was the extrajudicial killing of Mark Duggan by the cops in London, these riots are arguably more akin to the 1981 riots, albeit back then the rioters included disaffected youths in eg disaffected black youths in Moss Side, Manchester, although now it's seemingly more about disaffected white youths (stoked up by right-wing politicians and social media influencers).

There are similarities, though, in terms of unrest in post-industrial towns, high levels of deprivation/poverty, young people feeling helpless and despondent, and feeling like their problems aren't being taken seriously by those in power.

Although, having mentioned social media, it's weird how things have been stoked up into riots just after the Labour government has taken power.

I mean, 14 years of an austerity agenda implemented to a cruel extent by the Conservatives, record levels of child poverty and food bank usage, and yet the riots start * after * they leave office?!?!?

For all Starmer kept promising 'change' he also kept promising more of the same. And while the argument was that he needed to secure the votes of those among the electorate who are (centre) right, Starmer seems to have failed to take account of the impact of pandering to racists/fascists, ie they will expect racist/fascist policies to be enacted.

If you use dog whistle politics, the dogs will be summoned by the whistle.

I see Staffordshire police say that three petrol bombs were used on the attack on the hotel in Tamworth. Sorry if this particular detail has already been mentioned here, I had a bit of trouble keeping up with everything.

Three petrol bombs were thrown at a Holiday Inn Express hotel in Tamworth on Sunday night, Staffordshire Police said.

One officer suffered a suspected broken arm in what the force described as "targeted violence", with projectiles and fireworks thrown from a "hostile" crowd.

Extra officers were drafted in from neighbouring forces in order to deal with the incident - which ended after the crowd was "successfully dispersed", police said.

Has the stuff that has happened this weekend (so far) changed your mind ElizabethofYork Silas Loom on the need for counter protests and defending communities ?
thanks
I've never said there isn't a need. My fear was that counter-demonstrations might fan further violence, but that certainly hasn't happened. And I've obviously never questioned the need to defend communities.

We presumably haven't heard from them because they've been busy carrying out their own master plan for ridding the streets of white nationalist hooligan scum.

Can't remember exactly what that plan involved but it must've been a fucking good plan. So good that it entitled them to offhandedly dismiss a century or more of antifascist organising. Honestly I really look forward to them giving us some feedback on how it went.
Don't be such an arse. I haven't offhandedly dismissed a century of antifascist organising.

Anyway this is a pointless derail and I have no intention of wasting time on your lies.

You have a point.

While the spark for the 2011 riots was the extrajudicial killing of Mark Duggan by the cops in London, these riots are arguably more akin to the 1981 riots, albeit back then the rioters included disaffected youths in eg disaffected black youths in Moss Side, Manchester, although now it's seemingly more about disaffected white youths (stoked up by right-wing politicians and social media influencers).

There are similarities, though, in terms of unrest in post-industrial towns, high levels of deprivation/poverty, young people feeling helpless and despondent, and feeling like their problems aren't being taken seriously by those in power.

Although, having mentioned social media, it's weird how things have been stoked up into riots just after the Labour government has taken power.

I mean, 14 years of an austerity agenda implemented to a cruel extent by the Conservatives, record levels of child poverty and food bank usage, and yet the riots start * after * they leave office?!?!?

For all Starmer kept promising 'change' he also kept promising more of the same. And while the argument was that he needed to secure the votes of those among the electorate who are (centre) right, Starmer seems to have failed to take account of the impact of pandering to racists/fascists, ie they will expect racist/fascist policies to be enacted.

If you use dog whistle politics, the dogs will be summoned by the whistle.

These are not on the same scale as 1981, from the film footage I've seen far fewer people involved and less damage than back then.
policiers-après-les-émeutes-raciales-dans-le-quartier-de-toxteth-à-liverpool-en-juillet-1981.jpg
lone-policeman-with-riot-shield-on-park-road-during-the-toxteth-riots-284793083.jpg

Last edited:
We presumably haven't heard from them because they've been busy carrying out their own master plan for ridding the streets of white nationalist hooligan scum.

Can't remember exactly what that plan involved but it must've been a fucking good plan. So good that it entitled them to offhandedly dismiss a century or more of antifascist organising. Honestly I really look forward to them giving us some feedback on how it went.
You've a nerve having a pop at other people for their absence, when you've show yourself so reluctant to come back after your lies pointed out on another thread

Thinking about the usual fash/rw suspects whipping up these hate riots, weren't some folk convicted/imprisoned of inciting using social media (FB) after the 2011 riots?

Thinking about the usual fash/rw suspects whipping up these hate riots, weren't some folk convicted/imprisoned of inciting using social media (FB) after the 2011 riots?
These two got four years despite not actually successfully inciting anything:

You'd think Lawrence Fox could get the same for his 'this is war' stuff.

Whats stopping the police announcing a curfew. I live in Middlesbrough and am scared shitless so why can they just get everybody off home indoors or your being arrested no arguement.

I can't recall that ever being done in the UK, apart from possibly in wartime.

Do the police and/or Home Sec have the power to insist everyone stays indoors?

I was thinking this. They nick 43 people trying to prevent people being forcibly send to the Bibby Stockholm, yet they have only managed to make a few hundred or so arrests with riots in over ten different towns.

I bet there will be more when they've looked at all the footage.

It's possible that they didn't want officers stuck in the nick booking prisoners in etc when they were needed on the streets, too.

Back
Top Bottom