Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

But did the overall package of 12pt imports beat the previous set of players by 12pts?

That's the true question.

Yes, I do those calculations properly every week. Including the transfer cost I was still 9 points better off (21 points better off minus 12 transfer cost). And that calculation included the captain points I would have had if I'd not made those transfers (Haaland = 6 extra), versus who I actually captained (Kane = 10 extra) so 4 points of the gain came from that.

This was the first instant transfer success for me of the season. When I played my wildcard I ended up 25 points worse off that week. On the two occasions I spent 8 points on transfers, I ended up 4 points worse off each time.

What I dont attempt to track is longer term gains or losses due to transfer moves made on previous weeks. Because it just gets too hard to do with too many unknowns about how my team without certain moves made in the past would diverge from my actual team over time, different moves I'd have ended up making later, different captain choices etc etc.

Yes, I do those calculations properly every week. Including the transfer cost I was still 9 points better off (21 points better off minus 12 transfer cost). And that calculation included the captain points I would have had if I'd not made those transfers (Haaland = 6 extra), versus who I actually captained (Kane = 10 extra) so 4 points of the gain came from that.

This was the first instant transfer success for me of the season. When I played my wildcard I ended up 25 points worse off that week. On the two occasions I spent 8 points on transfers, I ended up 4 points worse off each time.

What I dont attempt to track is longer term gains or losses due to transfer moves made on previous weeks. Because it just gets too hard to do with too many unknowns about how my team without certain moves made in the past would diverge from my actual team over time, different moves I'd have ended up making later, different captain choices etc etc.

Good shout. I brought in Son but then bottled it at the last minute and didn't captain him.

of course the week i give up on liverpool will be the week they suddenly remember what it's all about and win 6-0, won't it?

I didn't realise I had budget enough to remove Mitrovic and add Kane instead, I was only half a million short or so, so got rid of Diaz for Trossard, no points sacrificed. I now have Kane, Haaland and Jesus up front.

Since Im not afraid of hits and like to be pro-active, I sold him and am giving Scamacca a try today instead. Unfortunately I'd already made a load of other moves so have spent 12 points on transfers again. So far my rank hasnt dropped but I will be rather lucky if thats still the case by the end of today, since I am lacking attacking players from Arsenal and Liverpool, and the likes of Zaha.

Scamacca 7 goal haul incoming. (6 assists for Paqueta, one for Rice, in case you were wondering).

One goal was better than nothing but as expected the Arsenal Liverpool game has turned my green arrow into a red one. Never mind, I cant expect to get away with 12 points on transfers every time I do it.

Maybe I only need to spend 4 points this week. Looks like its that time in the season where I rip up part of my midfield just so I can be trolled by Zaha, bonus regret points incoming.

Quite a few 'illness' flags around in fantasy again at the moment, which doesnt surprise me given the existence of another covid wave and some other seasonal diseases.

:hmm:

are salah and liverpool back on normal service now i've got rid?

and :hmm: at midweek round.

man city and arsenal are not playing, so i'll have 9 playing and a spare goalkeeper if i don't make any transfers. all 5 will cost more to buy back if i transfer them out for a week.

not sure i want to do the 'free hit' thing as there will almost certainly be worse weeks come cup quarter finals time.

bugger.

Back
Top Bottom