Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Not yet. Friday matches cancelled and decision on the rest of the weekend to come this morning.

Yeah. Im not sure which way it will go, there are competing factors including an already insanely compressed and inflexible schedule with a lack of wiggle room. And the clout of broadcasters, now including higher than ever international broadcast rights fees. Theres also used to be some class-based attitudes which meant for example football wasnt always cancelled at times like these when sports like rugby were, but most historical examples of that sort of things are now decades old.

So I wont be shocked if the games are cancelled but I wont be shocked if they go ahead either.

Oh well at least I'd only made my free transfer so far this week, and was only going to press the trigger on another one that cost 4 points later today. And the one I already made was long-term rather than specific to this weekends games.

Stupid question alert.

So if I do nothing I score nothing along with everyone else scoring nothing and then have an extra week to consider my wildcard changes. Yes?

Assuming no Prem games happen until October, a GW10 wildcard could provide a couple of tangible advantages to anyone who has saved theirs thus far:

1. Team value - Millions of teams will find themselves with 2 FT's and a fresh wave of enthusiasm for the game after a 3+ week hiatus. Any standout performers will surely have a better chance of double rising than most other weeks, playing into the hands of those wielding unlimited transfers.

2. Information - GW's 1 through 6 have told us plenty, but with clubs now practically enjoying a second pre-season, GW9 should be comparable to GW1 in its revelatory power.

Only 6 more rounds after matchweek 10 until the forced winter wildcard kicks in, too, so it's hard to see reasons to hold off much further.
  • GW7 - no football,
  • GW8 - no football,
  • GW9 - football happens, activate wildcard, everyone spends their accumulated FT's, prices go crazy ---> PROFIT!

There will be football next weekend.

Funeral will be the Monday the 19th so either that game will be moved to within the weekend or postponed, but there won't be another weekend cancelled.

Suspect we might see something like this next weekend:

Villa v Saints
Forest v Fulham
Newcastle v Bournemouth
Wolves v Man City
Everton v West Ham
Man Utd v Leeds

Will be surprised if any of the London games happen.

JB-GRAPHIC-PL-MANAGERS-SALARIES-10SEP1.jpg

Will be surprised if any of the London games happen.
Seen some Twitter journo talk of London based fixtures being reversed. Moving the two London games scheduled for Sunday into Saturday would allow for the London logistics to work. The following week is the IB so the clubs would probably be ok with that? Sky and UEFA probably the challenge.

Took a minus 12. Got away with it so far due to captain Kane and De Bruyne being one of the other transfers. It can still go wrong if Jesus gets plenty of points tomorrow.

Could have done a much cheaper set of transfers if I was able to predict Sons performance off the bench, wow.

I scored above average for the first time this season. Just.
I.... did not :(

Yet, somehow, am now leading the H2H :eek: :D I've got ridiculously lucky in that league the past couple of weeks, including being one of only two teams to benefit from my opponent taking a -4 in the 'lost weekend' so that my 0 actually got me a win rather than a draw :oops:

Was 6 plenty enough?
I had Saliba so it was a glorious success, I went up 25% in the rankings, not quite a 1 million places rise but not far off. So another one of those occasions which I can use to demonstrate that even a large points hit making transfers (12 on this occasion) doesnt have to mean doom that week.

I had Saliba so it was a glorious success, I went up 25% in the rankings, not quite a 1 million places rise but not far off. So another one of those occasions which I can use to demonstrate that even a large points hit making transfers (12 on this occasion) doesnt have to mean doom that week.
But did the overall package of 12pt imports beat the previous set of players by 12pts?

That's the true question.

Back
Top Bottom