Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2022

I haven't looked for any new links yet this season but I believe these work

Usual caution with anit-virus and pop-up blocker, I've used this stite loads of times and never had any problems, but you can never be to careful. If you get a pop-up asking you to download or update something ignore it.
I meant the legal options, I'm familiar with the re-streaming places.
I thought F1 TV showed live coverage via streaming, complete with commentary, etc. but I don’t use it myself, so I can’t be sure.
Is that different commentary from the Brundle/Sky one, or is that a shared, "official F1" commentary that's on everyone's coverage?

Reactions: Ax^
Max for this year's championship. I think it'll be much harder though. Hamilton will be determined to prove himself better than Max and to claim the 8th title so he can say he was robbed. I can see a repeat of much of last year. I think Ferrari and Mclaren mixing it up with Alpine for 3rd.

I don't know if it's still the case but the F1 TV didn't show the race if you had a UK IP so as to not threaten Sky's subscribers. May have changed.

I use an IPTV provider. I pay £60ish for a full year. All Sky/BT channels and PPVs included and tons of worldwide channels too. (US/Canada/South Africa/Australia/Hong Kong etc) Every English football game from Premier League down to League 2. (I think, never really gone down that low)

Happy to 'vouch' for anyone who is interested. You need to install an Android App and use the Telegram Messenger app to set up. Can probably only vouch for 2/3 tops at a time as otherwise looks a bit suss.

Watching cricket on it right now looks good on 55” tv.

08A67A62-8E93-44CD-BDC5-9E8FDDD39DCB.jpeg

I'm going to recommend DAZN again. Unless you want all the other sports, I don't, it's good value for only €10 a month.

(Just a thought, it is available in UK, isn't it?)

(Just a thought, it is available in UK, isn't it?)
Nope.

ETA: It is, but watered down, essentially just some boxing and MMA by the looks of it. Again anything any 'UK' network has rights for already, it won't be on DAZN UK! If you want to watch F1 legally in UK. It's whatever can officially supply you with Sky Sports F1.

Similar 2022 F1 car designs leave Alpine boss suspicious

Alpine team boss Otmar Szafnauer claims to have seen similar 2022 Formula 1 car designs that make him ask “how the hell did two independent teams come up with that?” F1’s technical rules have been completely overhauled for 2022, forcing teams to design all-new cars from scratch. While there has been significant variety in the sidepod area in particular amid what are very prescriptive regulations, Szafnauer who has switched to Alpine from Aston Martin as effectively questioned whether some teams are working closer than the rules allow. He has not named any teams but is sceptical that the unspecified ideas have legitimately been reached through completely independent design processes.

“I’ve seen solutions on a couple of cars, that you think how the hell did two independent teams come up with that?” Szafnauer said when asked by The Race about concerns from some teams that there are alliances on the grid that could circumvent the FIA’s strict rules on collaboration. “And I don’t know how to solve it. But I think an even playing field within Formula 1 is something that’s important. But we have to work with the FIA to solve that. Because like I said, you guys too can have a look out there and think, how do these two teams independently come up with that solution? Especially when there’s rule changes. Nobody knows what the solutions are going to be until you see them. So how did you come up with them? In time, where people look and think ‘ooh, let me try that in the tunnel’, I get it. But not right out of the box.”

Szafnauer’s old team Aston Martin has a technical partnership with Mercedes and has used its windtunnel, which is allowed in the regulations as long as no data transfer takes place. Part of the processes in place to prevent any crossover of information was for Mercedes to use the tunnel during the week and Aston Martin at the weekend, so personnel were not using the facility on the same days. It has been suggested that some personnel from different teams, when in close proximity, meet to informally discuss design ideas and concepts. This is a controversial but very specific strand of a much wider debate about close team relationships in F1. These can result in informal sharing of information, transferring intellectual property by supplying various components as permitted in the rules, or political alliances in voting matters. McLaren has been particularly vocal about this issue and regularly reiterated concerns about the “the threat of A and B teams”.

It dislikes how closely aligned various teams on the grid are, such as the relationship Ferrari has had with its customers Alfa Romeo and Haas at different points over the past few seasons and the fact Red Bull owns both Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri. The primary concern is not simply that supposed B teams can be more competitive compared to constructors. McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl said: “It’s mainly the performance enhancement or increase the A teams are having from these co-operations, which is obviously an even bigger concern for us. That’s why this problem is really a serious one.”

[One can't help noticing the irony that it is Otmar Szafnauer making these comments. Now while a week in F1 is a long time, I at least can remember back to 2020 when Racing Point had a copy of the Mercedes 2019 car, anyone remember who the team boss of Racing Point was?

I'm being a bit facetious above, as I understand that this is not the point Szafnauer is making. I believe he is looking closer at certain individual parts of the car. But as some cars have the same power-unit I'm sure they talk, you can be sure Ferrari, Alfa Romeo Racing and Haas will have many similar parts as they have the same power-unit as will Red Bull and AlphaTauri. I hope he is asked more about this as I'd like to know which teams and what parts he is talking about.

By the way it was Otmar Szafnauer who was team boss of Racing Point also known as Tracing Point in 2020 :) LOL]

Interesting run there from Lewis, just 8 one hundreds slower than Max and he made a mistake in sector 2, where he lost 1.5 tenths

Russell just went fastest!!! Great news that Mercedes appear to be on the pace, could be we will have a race tomorrow

Last edited:

Free Practice Results 3

The same teams appear to be at the front with Red Bull enjoying a strong second pre-season test as Max Verstappen looks to defend the drivers' championship. The Dutchman set a number of blistering laps on the final day of F1 testing in Bahrain when Red Bull introduced some new upgrades. Ferrari had its best pre-season campaign in years with Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz consistently at the front of the timesheets. The Scuderia hasn't won since 2019 nor has it tasted championship glory since 2008.

Eight-time constructors' champions Mercedes appears to be on the back foot going into Bahrain with it most affected by porpoising the bouncing movement at high speed. McLaren is best placed to challenge outside the top three teams after coming away from Barcelona very confident. However, the Woking outfit struggled in Bahrain due to a recurring brake issue which curtailed the team's running. The team was also impacted by Daniel Ricciardo's absence after he tested positive for COVID-19. The midfield is impossible to predict with Haas and Alfa Romeo showing impressive pace at times, while Alpine, Aston Martin and AlphaTauri have traditionally led the midfield in recent years.

2022 F1 Bahrain Grand Prix - FREE PRACTICE RESULTS (3)
PosDriverNat.TeamTime
1Max VerstappenNEDOracle Red Bull Racing1m32.544s
2Charles LeclercMONScuderia Ferrari1m32.640s
3Sergio PerezMEXOracle Bull Racing1m32.791s
4George RussellGBRMercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team1m32.935s
5Carlos SainzESPScuderia Ferrari1m33.053s
6Lewis HamiltonGBRMercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team1m33.121s
7Kevin MagnussenDENUralkali Haas F1 Team1m33.437s
8Valtteri BottasFINAlfa Romeo F1 Team Orlen1m33.733s
9Guanyu ZhouCHNAlfa Romeo F1 Team Orlen1m33.880s
10Lance StrollCANAston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team1m33.920s
11Lando NorrisGBRMcLaren F1 Team1m33.955s
12Nico HulkenbergGERAston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team1m33.971s
13Pierre GaslyFRAScuderia AlphaTauri1m34.176s
14Mick SchumacherGERUralkali Haas F1 Team1m34.295s
15Daniel RicciardoAUSMcLaren F1 Team1m34.378s
16Fernando AlonsoESPBWT Alpine F1 Team1m34.628s
17Alexander AlbonTHAWilliams Racing1m34.868s
18Esteban OconFRABWT Alpine F1 Team1m34.957s
19Nicholas LatifiCANWilliams Racing1m35.667s
20Yuki TsunodaJPNScuderia AlphaTauriNo Time Set

I love F1 as a sport, but I get so disappointed with how amateurish the running of it has been over the years. Again today we have had the tv graphics system crap out, so no times displayed during the FP3 session for the majority of the field as the left hand side summary table was missing.

After waiting all winter to find out how the competitive order will shake out, it’s very frustrating when yet again (after multiple problems in the past few years), the TV onscreen information is lacking.

I met a producer from FOM TV in in the Marussia motor home at Spa in 2011 and asked why the onscreen messages shown during the race from race control only ever made reference to car numbers and not driver names and her answer was they’ve asked but have been told race control can only give them numbers. My reply (stating the bleeding obvious) was that surely your onscreen graphics software could be programmed to translate a number into a name before displaying it onscreen. “Oh that’s a good idea, I’ll look into it”. Three races later I started seeing driver names in the onscreen messages during races.

Point is, they don’t seem to have the brightest and best working in F1 at times, and in a sport with so much money invested and so many viewers, it’s all a bit amateur at times when it shouldn’t be.

Last edited:

Rwandan Naomi Schiff Lands Deal As Sky Sports Commentator

Rwandan racing driver Naomi Schiff has been added to the presenting team behind Sky Sports Formula One's new show 'Any Driven Monday' - a 60-minute programme streamed on Mondays after race weekends on Sky Sports F1's YouTube channel. The giant broadcaster secured Naomi's services last week as race analyst.

The new show takes a look at the latest goings on in the world's biggest racing championship, and guests will include F1 stars, influential voices and celebrity fans of the sport. "Super excited to announce that I'll be joining the Sky Sports F1 team on their coverage this upcoming season!" Naomi posted on her Instagram page. "Crazy to think in a few days I'll be joining the team I've been watching on TV for years," she added.

Naomi is a Rwandan-Belgian professional racing and stunt driver. Fresh from presenting the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team car launch, she joins the Sky Sports F1 team for the 2022 season. Prior to her new assignments, Sky Sports F1 Director Billy McGinty hailed Naomi's career as 'interesting' and persuaded her until she agreed to join Sky's Formula One team. "I've watched Naomi's career with interest, I'm excited she'll be contributing to our coverage and co-hosting our new YouTube show Any Driven Monday," he said of Naomi. Naomi will co-host the show with Matt Baker from Sky Sports Studios in London. She will also be attending races on-site and was spotted in Bahrain inspecting Lewis Hamilton's W13 in the garage ahead of the first practice session of the new season.

WHO IS NAOMI?
Born in 1994 in Belgium to a Rwandan mother and Belgian father, Naomi started racing at the age of 11 with karting in South Africa. Kart racing or karting is a variant of motorsport road racing with open-wheel, four-wheeled vehicles known as go-karts or shifter karts. They are usually raced on scaled-down circuits, although some professional kart races are also held on full-size motorsport circuits. Naomi began racing at a young age first in prototype, GT and single seater cars has since seen her star shine as one of the most renowned women in car racing. At the age of 14, she represented South Africa in the Karting World Championships for four consecutive years, 2008 to 2011, thereafter entering the domain of circuit racing which took her around the world.

Her major successes include the 2014 Clio Cup Asia championship title with seven wins from 10 starts, 2018 KTM GT4 X-Bow Battle championship title and a second place in the 2018 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours Nürburgring. Naomi became W Series' Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador in 2020. In a past interview with The New Times, she explained that her role entailed "not only to help spread the word about the unique role that W Series is playing for female drivers worldwide, but also to attract the best drivers to the league." W Series is the women's equivalent of Formula One, and its inaugural racing season was held 2019.

FIA report into controversial 2021 Abu Dhabi race

In the report, released on the eve of the 2022 Formula 1 season-opener in Bahrain, it says Masi ‘acted in good faith and to the best of his knowledge’ but concedes there was ‘human error’ due to the pressures surrounding his role. But crucially the result of the race will stand, finally confirming Verstappen’s title. Thanks to the report, the FIA’s sporting regulations have also been updated ahead of the new campaign, with a crucial wording change made to avoid a repeat of last season’s controversy. Article 55.13 of the FIA’s regulations now reads ‘all’ lapped cars must pass the safety car, with the previous ‘any’ redacted as it left the law open to interpretation. The FIA has undergone huge changes in the off-season, with long time president Jean Todt stepping away from the sport to be replaced by Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

Key findings from the summary report include:

* A conclusion that while Masi had acted contrary to the sporting regulations by calling the safety car in without completing an additional lap, he was acting in “good faith” and with reference to F1 stakeholders’ “preference to end races under green flag racing conditions, rather than behind a safety car, when safe to do so”.

* The decision to only allow the lapped cars that were between leader Lewis Hamilton and his title rival Max Verstappen unlap themselves but not others that were a lap down was described as “human error”.

* It makes clear the 2021 Abu Dhabi and championship results are “are valid, final and cannot now be changed”.

* An admission that there is “ambiguity” in the wording of the regulations around restart procedures and lapped cars.

* Its main recommendations – a new race management team, a separate remote virtual race control, changes to unlapping procedures and the end of direct communication between team chiefs and the race director – have all been implemented already for 2022.

Likewise I’m having a special spread of kebab, salad and a glass of wine, so I can honour Badgers by watching quali in style, as he always did.

Will have a beer and some food for the race tomorrow.

First proper sunny day of the year and I'm in the front room with the curtains half closed so I can see the telly. Stupid time for a race! All races should start at 6pm GMT.

Will have a beer and some food for the race tomorrow.

First proper sunny day of the year and I'm in the front room with the curtains half closed so I can see the telly. Stupid time for a race! All races should start at 6pm GMT.
Its midday for me and the perfect time, means the race ends at around 2pm and I get the chance to watch Teds notebook before going to the bar around 4/4.30pm for a late lunch or early dinner and loads of very cold beer just as the temperature here is dropping :)

Ricciardo and Tsunoda carrying into 2022 their 2021 performance relative to their team mates. Let’s hope it’s a blip and they close the gap soon.

Kudos to the Hulk for out qualifying Stroll with far less track time under his belt. How good is Vettel really? He often struggles to beat Stroll, which surely isn’t the highest bar to clear?

Back
Top Bottom