Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final Dinner & Drinking Plans

Am weighing up the options still...

Something like Toad in the Hole or maybe an EFEB (Evening Full English Breakfast) :hmm:

Always like a curry or kebab of course but thinking I should cook 'something' to keep my nerves in check pre kick off 🤔

Tapas style might work but that will involve getting up and down and such. Cold buffet seems a bit insipid given the occasion 🤔
Ham egg and chips? (or gammon :D).

I'll be eating with kids before I stuff them in bed just before kick off. Might get some crisps in for stress eating.

I am genuinely interested as to how this will go. People drinking from noon, a few cheesy nachos then beer beer and more beer.
Five o’clock. Many will eat shite food and many will get on it and forgo any more grub. Beer beer beer.
Then the match!
Loads will be slaughtered by 9pm.

Wow it will be messy if it goes to penalties.

Me and mine well.

I will be eating roast pork chunks in a Chinese style marinade with rice and veg. Served with Chek Budvar.
I think really, really messy will sum it up.

Excuse my ignorance but why is it on Sunday? Would it not be more sensible to have it on the Saturday?

Excuse my ignorance but why is it on Sunday? Would it not be more sensible to have it on the Saturday?
The finals of these type of competitions eg World Cup etc tend to finish on a Sunday. Gives the second finalist 3 rest days. It's not normally played this late in the evening though (8pm) so not sure why they went for that this year.

I think on reflection I will locate an Iceland nearby for a cornucopia of frozen junk food. A mates job is to analyse retail trends and hasn’t got an Iceland nearby. Plus I don’t think I’ve been in for for nearly 20 years

The finals of these type of competitions eg World Cup etc tend to finish on a Sunday. Gives the second finalist 3 rest days. It's not normally played this late in the evening though (8pm) so not sure why they went for that this year.
Although looking at 2016 it kicked off at 8pm UK time and seems to have started from 745pm UK time since 2004. Even in 1996 it started at 7pm which is later than I remember but was 25 years ago!

Although looking at 2016 it kicked off at 8pm UK time and seems to have started from 745pm UK time since 2004. Even in 1996 it started at 7pm which is later than I remember but was 25 years ago!
Yes, I think my memory of that day cuts off at some point too.

I've got a steak that I got in the reduced bit of co-op to have with something, possibly new potatoes, carrots, and broccoli , or maybe just chips .

Pushing the boat out gently.

I have found carrots, lime and plenty of bananas. But I can’t find the swede which will be vital for a return to my weird cakes series.

I’ll look again tomorrow, but it would still be appropriate for the last official night of restrictions, considering that was when I started said series.

My work will be alcho meter fantastic on Monday. I am hoping people skive rather than try and blag it hungover.

The Rugby World Cup a few years ago had kick offs at 20:00. I stopped drinking for months after working it. Never seen so many people so drunk, fighting badly, vulnerable women, passed out on verges.

I've been a bit antisocial these Euros, stayed in on my own for all bar one of the games. Wednesday night pacing round my tiny kitchen and listening on 5 live.

Will see about going to my mate's house tomorrow. Don't think I can be arsed with a sports type bar in town and sitting down at my local isn't gonna cut it. Landlord hates football and I don't think there's a TV in there ATM anyway, so not likely to be much football atmos.

Despite my heat of the moment promise, I can't face a shitty English buffet so we're having roast beef with all the trimmings followed by apple crumble :thumbs:

Not sure whether there will be drinking as I got trashed last night and feel like I'm still 75% white wine. Maybe just a selection of ice cold fizzy pops.

Back
Top Bottom