Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros 20/21 Permutations, Stats & Records

Tonight sees the first ever major tournament semi-final where both goalkeepers made their professional debut for Darlington.
Tonight sees the first ever major tournament semi-final where both goalkeepers made their professional debut for Darlington at the place where I got my Covid jab.

Kane needs 2 goals for the Golden Boot as things stand.

If he scores 1 then Ronaldo gets it because of his 1 assist and goals per minute played, even if Kane gets 1 assist as well as 1 goal.

Schick also on 5 goals but 0 assists has missed out.

Italy have nobody in the top 10

Ranking criteria:

1. Goals scored
2. Assists
3. Fewest minutes played
4. Goals in the qualifying stage

Kane needs 2 goals for the Golden Boot as things stand.

If he scores 1 then Ronaldo gets it because of his 1 assist and goals per minute played, even if Kane gets 1 assist as well as 1 goal.

Schick also on 5 goals but 0 assists has missed out.

Italy have nobody in the top 10

Ranking criteria:

1. Goals scored
2. Assists
3. Fewest minutes played
4. Goals in the qualifying stage
Isn't own goals on course for the accolade this time?

Donnarumma is twenty-fucking-two??! :eek: :(

Not entirely sure about him being Player of the Tournament, though. He certainly had a good tournament, no mistake, but I just don't know if he had such an especially good one compared to others, partly because he didn't need to as much sitting behind the Italian defence.

I guess he did save two penalties in the final, including the one to win it, though... :hmm:

Donnarumma is twenty-fucking-two??! :eek: :(

Not entirely sure about him being Player of the Tournament, though. He certainly had a good tournament, no mistake, but I just don't know if he had such an especially good one compared to others, partly because he didn't need to as much sitting behind the Italian defence.

I guess he did save two penalties in the final, including the one to win it, though... :hmm:
Who would be on your shortlist? Beginning of ghe tournament I backed Kante but he was average.Towards the end I thought Sterling or Jorginho but Sterling didn't have a great game in the final and Jorginho missed what would have been the winning penalty. I'd still have them on a shortlist though

Kalvin Phillips. Workhorse.

According to fbref.com, he was responsible for 229 pressing actions (applying pressure to an opposing player receiving, carrying or releasing the ball). That is 78 more than the next highest - Austria's Konrad Laimer - and nearly double the next highest England player - Mason Mount with 118.

He was successful with 47 of those pressures - second only to Laimer on 48.

Phillips also covered the second most distance in the tournament, with his 83km only beaten by Italy's Jorginho (86.6km). He managed an impressive 15km in both the semi-final and the final.

More impressive, and indicative of the unity of this England side, was the meters he covered straight after the game, to run to comfort Bukayo Saka following his penalty miss.

Back
Top Bottom