Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final Dinner & Drinking Plans

A change of tactics today (my parents being bored, hungry and local) very nearly scuppered my carefully thought-out match strategy (drink beer, eat whatever's in fridge) but I made an excellent save with pork belly, mustard mash, veg and gravy, followed by sponge and custard. However, there was a late substitution when Kid 2's school texted to say she had to isolate, resulting in a loud cheer from her and the crowd went wild. Two OAPs got back in the car quicker than Raheem Sterling spotting an opportunity.

Match back on track. Beer and fridge food excellent formation. Game of two halves etc.

My local pub is out , it was so rammed and the queue was so big , it briefly went a bit viral on Twitter. I've started drinking in another pub which doesn't have telly so is remarkably calm & pretty empty. Originally I was going to eat in my local , so we haven't planned anything, might have some cheese on toast or summat , plus there are 2 mini pork pies in the fridge as far as I'm aware.

I hardly ever drink so I'm naturally going to drink any remaining booze I have in the flat. So that's a quarter of a bottle of sailor Jerry, some sort of craft lager that's been in the fridge for months and if things go on longer I may just get on the magnum that's been in my cupboard longer than we've known about covid 19.

Food? Err... Some crisps...

Apparently I've got some fresh beer and pizza on the way so happy days 👍

Last edited:
What would the revolutionary defeatism choice of food and drink be?

Has to be summat working close and from either neither or both of the competitors.

kebab and ouzo?

Back
Top Bottom