Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Scotland Euro 2020 finals

I really hope Scotland win this.

Still can't help feeling a little bit pissed off about Scotland getting to play at Hampden, England playing at Wembley while Wales have to play in a near-empty stadium in the searing heat of far flung Azerbaijan, a country with a dubious human rights record and whose denizens have little interest in football. Yeah, I know $$$$.

Play up Scotland!

Was just thinking good job the Czechs are shit at corners but still too slow out to them from that.

ONly seen a few minutes of this as I'm 'working', but Scotland looked okay up till the goal. Can't work out the maths on this weird qualification process, but I imagine you'd need 3 points to get through as a 3rd place team. Scotland need at least a draw here.

Edit: actually, if Scotland did come 3rd they'd have a decent chance of qualifying. Best 3rd place teams from 4 of the 6 go through.
Q) WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF EURO 2020? 24 teams in Euro 2020 are divided into six groups of four teams each. The top two teams from each group will qualify for the next round, the Round of 16. Moreover, the four best third-placed finishers will also head into Round of 16.
Sorry for doubting you might come in the top 2 Scotland fans. ;)

Last edited:
Scotland seemed to be looking to slow it down a few times when I thought they had the Czechs a bit rattled and should be pressing, also Czechs seem more forward minded in general even if Scotland made the better chances. Bit short on quality all round too.

The Scottish wing backs aren’t having much success and the midfield is slow and ponderous . Need a passer and mover to provide a bit of creativity. I’d put Gilmour on for the last 30 mins .

Just read this, real shame for him and the team he was great in the last game
Couldn't have been O'Donnell, could it :mad: joking aside it's alarming really, they're supposed to be in bubbles so where has he caught it and who else has got it if he's got it?

Couldn't have been O'Donnell, could it :mad: joking aside it's alarming really, they're supposed to be in bubbles so where has he caught it and who else has got it if he's got it?

What I find completely absurd is that in some games at least that i've seen, they're making the players walk down separate tunnels from the other side, elbow bumping former team mates on the other side, then spend 90 minutes in a contact sport with them.

Overachievers with weak resources or underachieving with great resources. Fuck it. Nothing to lose here, just getting to the finals is a victory for us already

Yep, totally shite circumstances to prepare for a must win game. The starting 11 they pick will all be waiting on Covid tests right through to tomorrow. In fact it shows how much the whole thing is in breach of normal covid rules, where contacts are supposed to self isolate.

Seems it's been creeping into the squad according to the BBC article.

Billy Gilmour: Scotland midfielder tests positive for Covid-19 - Gilmour tests positive for Covid-19

A real shame, he was a well deserved Man of the Match against England.

Back
Top Bottom