Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

I FORGOT THE BASTARD DEADLINE AND HAVE TWO GERMANS AND TWO SPANIARDS SITTING ON MY BASTARD BENCH!! :mad: :mad:
(Tries not to laugh)

I dithered about putting Torres in instead of Dias. Should have stuck to my support for France and gone for it, even tho he’ll score zero. Dias will probly end on -2

Forgot too, was gonna captain Ronaldo in the hope he might have 1 of those games, currently it's Soucek as captain with 4 measly points.

I FORGOT THE BASTARD DEADLINE AND HAVE TWO GERMANS AND TWO SPANIARDS SITTING ON MY BASTARD BENCH!! :mad: :mad:
Blimey, after all that I think I only missed out on 5 points overall.

Which, y'know, irritating, but not as catastrophic as I thought it might be.

Even if it does also mean I simply made bad choices all over my team :facepalm: :oops:

So, currently starting the QFs with at least 5 players no longer in the tournament :facepalm: :thumbs:

Also got to work out what the hell to do with Ita v Bel :confused:

Three? Three?? How can I only be given three measly free transfers after that? I need seven or eight

I currently have 6 players eliminated, I have 2 players playing tonight.
I still have my wildcard and limitless chips to play so will wait until after tonights games to re-assemble my squad.

7 players eliminated for me, wildcard and limitless played in the group stages.

My perch is feeling rather precarious, at this point... :hmm:

I can just get an XI together, assuming all my players still in the tournament actually play their QFs.

Awesome...

Aye, I'm probably going to bring in Sterling, as I can spend one transfer on a midfielder, but he'll be my only England player as I've got £20m+ held up in two eliminated forwards, and neither of them are getting replaced by DCL or Kane.

Played my limitless chip and bagged 42 points from the players I brought in.
I still have my wildcard to play, with the 5 free transfers and taking a 4 point hit I can field a strong selection for the semis and then play the wildcard for the final.

Limitless and wildcard both went in the group stages for me; the general theory was you want to capitalise on the biggest disparity between the teams playing each other each round.

With the five transfers this round I can still field an XI, even having to also get rid of Spinazolla who it sounds like is out of the tournament.

In theory, only need a total of 6 from the two teams that go through in order to make an XI for the final (with the 5 transfers you get between SFs and final). Probably won't go for just "three from each team", but something to consider, mebbe. Will likely favour England and Italy players, though.

Can’t decide who to captain, but at least I checked and discovered one of the players is transferred in is now doubtful.

Changes made. Still have wild card and unlimited to use. Fingers crossed for crushing italian victory tonight.

I genuinely haven't thought about it yet :oops:

Planning on taking a look at my team in between finishing work and k/o, and tend to leave final decisions until right at the last minute (which I appreciate isn't very helpful).

That said, almost certainly an Italy player today, and if that doesn't work out then switch to an England player tomorrow. Which, again, probably so obvious it's of little help...

It does get very difficult at this stage, both because there are fewer differentials and likely to be fewer points on offer anyway as the games'll be tighter than the group stages.

I genuinely haven't thought about it yet :oops:

Planning on taking a look at my team in between finishing work and k/o, and tend to leave final decisions until right at the last minute (which I appreciate isn't very helpful).

That said, almost certainly an Italy player today, and if that doesn't work out then switch to an England player tomorrow. Which, again, probably so obvious it's of little help...
You can change you captain each match day???

You can change you captain each match day???
Yup :D I've been wondering just how many people weren't aware of that, and one of the reasons I specifically mentioned it.

Genuine question, y'know you can sub in players from the bench so long as they've not played, too?

Whoops, sorry, forgot after leaving it to 5 mins to go.

Very little idea what I'm doing at this stage, tbh.

No Morata. Don't like the guy but I wish he was playing
Aye, that caused me to spend a transfer on getting him out, which feels like a dumb move, really.

Yup :D I've been wondering just how many people weren't aware of that, and one of the reasons I specifically mentioned it.

Genuine question, y'know you can sub in players from the bench so long as they've not played, too?
I keep forgetting to change my captain. I've not taken this too seriously tbh and have enjoyed it much more

Back
Top Bottom