Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final Dinner & Drinking Plans

Am weighing up the options still...

Something like Toad in the Hole or maybe an EFEB (Evening Full English Breakfast) :hmm:

Always like a curry or kebab of course but thinking I should cook 'something' to keep my nerves in check pre kick off šŸ¤”

Tapas style might work but that will involve getting up and down and such. Cold buffet seems a bit insipid given the occasion šŸ¤”

Planning a curry. Takeaway will probably be busy, so might make it one of the supermarket "2 dine for a tenner" type things, preferably with a tonne of poppadoms.

Served 30mins before kickoff, first tin opened with.

It's coming home, I can feel it in me waters.

The thread title has thrown me - '... Final Dinner...'.
So I've begun to think of a final dinner scenario and have for Sunday suggested to my wife thus:

Fried Chicken Breast, Macaroni Cheese and freshly made soda bread - chuck in 2 cans of Cherry Coke and that's been my Death Row last meal since timebeginiger - as it's just a EUROs Final Dinner I'll drop the Cherry Coke for 2 bottles of Cava.

Tentatively agreed.

Thank you and once again Well Done Badgers

Am weighing up the options still...

Something like Toad in the Hole or maybe an EFEB (Evening Full English Breakfast) :hmm:

Always like a curry or kebab of course but thinking I should cook 'something' to keep my nerves in check pre kick off šŸ¤”

Tapas style might work but that will involve getting up and down and such. Cold buffet seems a bit insipid given the occasion šŸ¤”
Have some oven chips

I am genuinely interested as to how this will go. People drinking from noon, a few cheesy nachos then beer beer and more beer.
Five oā€™clock. Many will eat shite food and many will get on it and forgo any more grub. Beer beer beer.
Then the match!
Loads will be slaughtered by 9pm.

Wow it will be messy if it goes to penalties.

Me and mine well.

I will be eating roast pork chunks in a Chinese style marinade with rice and veg. Served with Chek Budvar.

I am genuinely interested as to how this will go. People drinking from noon, a few cheesy nachos then beer beer and more beer.
Five oā€™clock. Many will eat shite food and many will get on it and forgo any more grub. Beer beer beer.
Then the match!
Loads will be slaughtered by 9pm.

Wow it will be messy if it goes to penalties.

Me and mine well.

I will be eating roast pork chunks in a Chinese style marinade with rice and veg. Served with Chek Budvar.

Fortunately on Sunday I am working the early shift, not the lates which will be hell. The streets will be blocked, lots of pissed people everywhere, the ambulances will take longer than ever to get to clients.

I reckon I will get a takeaway. Probably from my favourite Indian place.
Seeing as takeaways always last me at least two days, I will get it tomorrow.

Iā€™m going to be on my own with the dog and the littlest as everyone else is going out to watch it so itā€™ll be a cuppa tea and a biscuit. Donā€™t even know if Iā€™ll bother watching the match because Iā€™m sure the elder boy will send me updates every 10 mins. Yay.

I wish I had some English friends who lived nearby! Euros have made me realise that not a single one of my friends is English or interested in watching national matches.

Actually not entirely true. I have one friend who keeps inviting me to watch matches. However, the choice is either on his tiny laptop screen via the internet, which is slow, or at a crowded pub. Neither appeal. There are no big outdoor public screens in Sheffield.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom