Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Er, they burned the Danish embassy: did anyone notice?

Red Jezza said:
everyone was most impressed.....
no do please say phil, because I am quite, quite mystified. what POSSIBLE disguise could Nino have, to 'look' black.
i mean, i've taken some serious drugs in my time, but even so....

Oh, I'm sure they were most impressed. About his disguise, well, I don't know, people thought Ali G was black, didn't they? But its true that he didn't wear a kilt. I suppose I am forced to accept that Nino is indeed a black American Scotsman, quite possibly the only example of the type, and *certainly* the only kilt-wearing example. I am particularly intrigued by his clan motto, whatever can it mean I wonder?

ermm. do you REALLY think there has only been one case of a jock marrying a seppoe? :confused:
sorry, but this hypothesis of yours is too strange for words.

Red Jezza said:
ermm. do you REALLY think there has only been one case of a jock marrying a seppoe? :confused:

Wel, it would have to be either a black Jock, or a black Seppo, or both, *and* they would have had to have a child who then decided to claim dual nationality. I don't think there are many of them about. Have you ever met another? I'd say there were less than fifty in the whole world.

Johnny Canuck2 said:
What do you mean, 'a good idea'?

Would I have drawn and published them? No. I think they're pretty amateurish, and that there are better ways to get an idea across.

However, that danish cartoonist had every right to publish whatever comment he desired, in whatever format; we live in a society where you're allowed to do that, you see.
Really John-boy so It would be perfectly acceptable for me to turn up in N.O. and publish satirical cartoons of black babies drowning and no-one would bat an eyelid hey? :rolleyes:

phildwyer said:
Wel, it would have to be either a black Jock, or a black Seppo, or both, *and* they would have had to have a child who then decided to claim dual nationality. I don't think there are many of them about. Have you ever met another? I'd say there were less than fifty in the whole world.

The infernal ravings of the mentally deranged. I wouldn't mind betting you're a bit of a racist deep down - on top of your obvious sociopathy that is.

No really, Nino, I'm impressed. I bet you looked *great* in your kilt. But would you be so kind as to explain your clan motto to us?

My mothers clan motto is Avise la fin Adheareo virtuti ;)
Consider the end Cling to whats Right
You know there are lots of black people in bonny scotland Phil ;)

friedaweed said:
My mothers clan motto is Avise la fin Adheareo virtuti ;)
Consider the end Cling to whats Right
You know there are lots of black people in bonny scotland Phil ;)

Yeah, but are there really many black Scottish *Americans* in *London?* That is my question. Anyway, that's what I call a proper clan motto. I don't like the sound of this cat-and-glove mularky, to be frank.

phildwyer said:
but you're missing the point (though what your underlying point is in this rather bizarre line of enquiry is frankly beyond me).
consider;
1. serving members of the US military get sent ALL around the world - including MANY bases in England and scotland
2. Brits in general and scots in particular are also partial to the odd spot of travel.
3. both nino and I live in one of the largest and most multinational, cosmopolitan cities in the world. there ain't that many blacks in sweden or denmark either; so worrabout halle berry and neneh cherry?

phildwyer said:
Yeah, but are there really many black Scottish *Americans* in *London?* That is my question. Anyway, that's what I call a proper clan motto. I don't like the sound of this cat-and-glove mularky, to be frank.
there's EVERY nationality in london, almost! there's six in my house and I'm the only brit, f'rinstance. AND I'm not a londoner - not originally, anyways

Johnny Canuck2 said:
Another question re: your post. Are fatwas extraordinary in islam?
eh?VERY. a 'fatwa' simply means a 'judgement' like 'it is wicked to steal'. do brush up on the arabic johnny.

Red Jezza said:
both nino and I live in one of the largest and most multinational, cosmopolitan cities in the world. there ain't that many blacks in sweden or denmark either; so worrabout halle berry and neneh cherry?

Yes, but neither Halle Berry nor Neneh Cherry is *American,* are they? Also, neither of them has ever been seen in a kilt. Well, Halle Berry did once wear a sort of a kilt, but it was more like a plaid schoolgirl miniskirt really. I'm sure Nino's kilt is more substantial than that?

but both of them have black american parents! - neneh cherry's being a legend in his own right. BOTH can claim dual cit. there are LOADS of people in london right now of whom you could say the same.
There is NOTHING unusual in multi-national relationships.
and you do seem to have an obsession over this, frankly.....

Red Jezza said:
but both of them have black american parents! - neneh cherry's being a legend in his own right. BOTH can claim dual cit. there are LOADS of people in london right now of whom you could say the same.
There is NOTHING unusual in multi-national relationships.

Of course you are right, my mistake. What I meant was that neither of them are *Scottish.* And of course there is nothing unusual about multi-national relationships. But it *is* pretty unusual to be a black Scottish American, there are not all that many people who can claim that. Not that many at all. And it is even more unusual to parade around London in a kilt in the middle of winter.

phildwyer said:
Yes, but neither Halle Berry nor Neneh Cherry is *American,* are they? Also, neither of them has ever been seen in a kilt. Well, Halle Berry did once wear a sort of a kilt, but it was more like a plaid schoolgirl miniskirt really. I'm sure Nino's kilt is more substantial than that?

That's a fine hole you're digging for yourself, phil...carry on. :D

nino_savatte said:
That's a fine hole you're digging for yourself, phil...carry on. :D

You *claim* that your clan motto is "touch not the glove but the cat," do you? Right. What does it *mean?*

phildwyer said:
Of course you are right, my mistake. What I meant was that neither of them are *Scottish.* And of course there is nothing unusual about multi-national relationships. But it *is* pretty unusual to be a black Scottish American, there are not all that many people who can claim that. Not that many at all. And it is even more unusual to parade around London in a kilt in the middle of winter.
I've got a mate who is afro-croatian. that's pretty unusual. still happens. in fact, london is so cosmopolitan a place, it's rarer still when you get people like me, whose entire ancestry for 300 goes back to an area of c.20 square miles in Hertfordshire.
and the kilt thing is a regular thing. we pressure him.... :D
ETA; you do know the population sizes of denmark, sweden and scotland ain't that far apart? and that the scots, historically, roam the world, and built large chunks of the infrastructure of every ex-empire nation?

phildwyer said:
You *claim* that your clan motto is "touch not the glove but the cat," do you? Right. What does it *mean?*

You're clearly mentally ill, phil. Please, for your own sake, seek some help...that's all I'm saying. The sooner you admit that there is something wrong with you the better - okay? Once you've received treatment, come back and we'll talk. Until then, I'm sorry, it's all just a waste of time.

There's an album by Joe Walsh entitled You Can't Argue With a Sick Mind....ring any bells?

Red Jezza said:
I've got a mate who is afro-croatian. that's pretty unusual. still happens. in fact, london is so cosmopolitan a place, it's rarer still when you get people like me, whose entire ancestry for 300 goes back to an area of c.20 square miles in Hertfordshire.

I just bet you do. Anyway, Afro-Croatians are ten a penny compared to Afro-American-Scots. Try Googling them.

nino_savatte said:
I was a bit annoyed because I lost my kilt pin (avec the clan motto "Touch not the cat but a glove")

Are members of the Savatte clan vetinarians by auld tradition?

phildwyer said:
Are members of the Savatte clan vetinarians by auld tradition?

Like I said, phil: you agree to get some treatment and then we'll talk. I'd like it in writing too...nothing from some fariground charlatan who *claims* to be a psychotherapist - understand?

Is it a deal?

phildwyer said:
I just bet you do. Anyway, Afro-Croatians are ten a penny compared to Afro-American-Scots. Try Googling them.
I just did - 5 entries. :confused:
and i'm pretty sure that's wrong. Until 1992 VERY few croats were allowed to leave there and v few seps allowed in.
e2a; phil, your obsession with nino's ancestry is REALLY strange

Red Jezza said:
I just did - 5 entries. :confused:
and i'm pretty sure that's wrong. Until 1992 VERY few croats were allowed to leave there and v few seps allowed in.
e2a; phil, your obsession with nino's ancestry is REALLY strange

Well he started it, with his constant denials that I could possibly be both Welsh and American. Come to think of it Jezza, could you put him right on this, since he still seems disposed to dispute it? Also, I Googled "Afro-American Scottish" and all I got was this:

"afro american scottish girls upskirt free pics incest illegal underground incest cumshots"

Which, we sincerely hope, has nothing to do with Nino. And furthermore, you are wrong about Croatia. *All* Yugoslavia was open to tourism under Tito, and a great many of those tourists were Afro-Americans from the military bases in Germany.

Red Jezza said:
sorry, that ain't so. I visited KSA before GW1 and saw US military presence.

What does that mean: bases, or a few soldiers drinking coffee?

I recall seeing Soviet military transport planes on a runway in Delhi in 1980. Would that constitute Soviet military presence?

phildwyer said:

I think that's a bit of a cloistered viewpoint.

friedaweed said:
Really John-boy so It would be perfectly acceptable for me to turn up in N.O. and publish satirical cartoons of black babies drowning and no-one would bat an eyelid hey? :rolleyes:

I actually believe in free speech, including speech by radical islamic clerics, nazis, etc.

Would your drowning baby cartoon have political content, or would it be motivated merely by race hatred?

Red Jezza said:
ETA; you do know the population sizes of denmark, sweden and scotland ain't that far apart? and that the scots, historically, roam the world, and built large chunks of the infrastructure of every ex-empire nation?

My kids hang with some friends whose father is Jamaican, and whose mother is Czechoslovakian.

Back
Top Bottom