Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs The Netherlands, Wed 10/7 @ 8pm (ITV)

Zapp Brannigan

Built like a steakhouse, handles like a bistro
Here we go...

The Dutch are a decent attacking team - Gakpo in good form playing from the left, Depay always a handful, and Weghorst makes an excellent sub to wreak his own peculiar brand of havok even if he's not that good a player in his own right. Dumfries is one of the standout players bombing up and down the right flank from full back, and they've got a huge selection of good centre backs to choose from - the best of the lot (van de Ven) has hardly had a look in, but he could be used as a left back to counter the pace of Saka.

As for England...

For the most part, I expect same again - back 3, wing backs pushed high up, 2 defensive & 2 attacking midfielders, and a Harry Kane who surely must contribute more at some point. He's too good not to.

Guehi probably comes back in for Konsa (who was excellent admittedly), the only other question mark being at left wing back. Saka did brilliantly on the right vs Switzerland which probably rules out switching sides to accommodate TAA; so it's either Trippier to continue with a watching brief on Denzel Dumfries, or Luke Shaw to (finally) provide more natural width.

Palmer, Eze and Toney the most likely game changers to come off the bench.

Chippy teas all round tomorrow. Come on England!

I didn’t watch the last match but it sounded great listening to the crowd cheering on all the pubs in town.

If I watch this one I might jinx it 😁

Didn't make the three am kickoff for France-Spain as had a parent teacher meeting this morning but will be up in the wee smalls (not necessarily in my smalls) tonight come what may barring another power cut like the last England game. Expecting VICTORY!

8-0 to England. Pickford scores the final goal from his own goalmouth. The trophy ascends on ethereal wings and floats straight over to Britain. When it touches the ground, a magic money tree sprouts and instantly starts shedding notes into the NHS, school and care system :cool:

8-0 to England. Pickford scores the final goal from his own goalmouth. The trophy ascends on ethereal wings and floats straight over to Britain. When it touches the ground, a magic money tree sprouts and instantly starts shedding notes into the NHS, school and care system :cool:
Yes boss. Bowen gets the other seven (7)

Is this going to be one of those cool times when you can run out through the streets and nobody is around? Like a zombie apocalypse? I remember something like that happening when I lived in Ealing in the 90s. I couldn't understand why nobody was around anywhere, and every now and then there would be collective shouts, yelps and ooohs, coming from all the houses in every direction.

Penalties, it will be neck and neck then through the sudden death till the whole squad( including Pickford) has scored. Spain miss, then it transpires Southgate had secretly registered himself as a squad player, he comes on, in his suit, and scores the winner.

Here we go...

The Dutch are a decent attacking team - Gakpo in good form playing from the left, Depay always a handful, and Weghorst makes an excellent sub to wreak his own peculiar brand of havok even if he's not that good a player in his own right. Dumfries is one of the standout players bombing up and down the right flank from full back, and they've got a huge selection of good centre backs to choose from - the best of the lot (van de Ven) has hardly had a look in, but he could be used as a left back to counter the pace of Saka.

As for England...

For the most part, I expect same again - back 3, wing backs pushed high up, 2 defensive & 2 attacking midfielders, and a Harry Kane who surely must contribute more at some point. He's too good not to.

Guehi probably comes back in for Konsa (who was excellent admittedly), the only other question mark being at left wing back. Saka did brilliantly on the right vs Switzerland which probably rules out switching sides to accommodate TAA; so it's either Trippier to continue with a watching brief on Denzel Dumfries, or Luke Shaw to (finally) provide more natural width.

Palmer, Eze and Toney the most likely game changers to come off the bench.

Chippy teas all round tomorrow. Come on England!
I think you've too much confidence in kane

I think you've too much confidence in kane
See, I find this baffling. Kane is, without question, one of the very best centre forwards there is in the game - 60ish goals in 70ish games under Southgate, coming off a 40+ season in Germany, and a consistent goalscorer and creator for the last decade.

Sure, he's been a bit pap this tournament (as have several other England players, we've been absolute toilet for much of it) but I genuinely don't get why Kane isn't being seen as in a temporary lull of form that he'll play his way out of; as opposed to being past it, rubbish and in need of dropping.

Back
Top Bottom