Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Spain, Sun 14/7 @ 8pm (BBC & ITV)

Well, who's going to win?

• Total voters
Couldn't face going to the pub for this. Have the telly running through a 1kw sound system usually reserved for drum and bass, the foundations of the house are being challenged and I'm absolutely buzzing.

John Stones to be man of the match, you heard it here first.
Same here, have powered up the whole system, sounds lush.

not into the national anthems but england fans whistling and booing thru opponents anthems is gross
I was just saying to my mum, it feels like that has become more common across international football (which is not to suggest at all that, even if it has, England fans are not routinely guilty of it).

Ohhh, wait, this is where we use the lessons we've learned from our opponents earlier in the film.

Namely, playing without posession a lot.

There's gonna be a lot of this. Covering Spain as they probe. How ridiculous that Cucurella is still getting booed by the Germans :D

We were always going to spend time without the ball while Spain pass it around, that's what they do and they're very good at it.

I just wish that when we do get the ball we hold onto it for more than three passes, rather than just giving it straight back and inviting them to so it again.

This is a bit more promising...

Nervous and excited, I'd love to see us win something just once in my lifetime.

I think Spain look better but the way our tournament has gone, I think/hope it could be possible.
I was about 14 months old in 1966 , so they have won in my lifetime, I'd like them to win in younger lifetimes too.

And yet they’ve barely managed two shots.

England are stopping them playing. But are barely playing themselves when they do get the chance.
Yes definitely. I feel like Spain might be able to pick the lock though with what they’ve shown us. Remember I have to listen to the entire neighbourhood explode if that happens so say that with no pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom