Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Spain, Sun 14/7 @ 8pm (BBC & ITV)

Well, who's going to win?

• Total voters
I've had the first big wave of nerves, in fact a feeling closer to panic than butterflies. It's passed now thankfully. I want the kickoff to never come and I want it now. Surely this time. Surely to fuck this time
Me too. A piece of classic ITV scheduling (James Bond) is seeing me through til chippy tea, but I'm ready NOW.

I've had the first big wave of nerves, in fact a feeling closer to panic than butterflies. It's passed now thankfully. I want the kickoff to never come and I want it now. Surely this time. Surely to fuck this time
Coming and going here. This morning was good fun, lots of staff at work, me included in England tops. Beer and BBQ stuff selling well. It was a festival type atmosphere.

Now it's more of a nervy than excited feel. I appear to be watching every meme video I can involving England. Currently outside trying to read while drinking a canned cocktail.

Come on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 !!!

It is genuinely somewhat sad to me that I don't get as nervous as I might once have.

It'll be different once everything gets started, but fundamentally I simply don't care as much as I used to.

That's genuinely not meant dismissively, and in large part it's just symptomatic of a more general change in my relationship with football over the past few years. It's just the way it is, but it does leave me feeling like I'm missing out on certain aspects of days like today.

Of course, during the last final I was literally falling to my knees in front of the TV during the penalties, so, y'know, clearly something's still in there somewhere :D

It's coming home, all hail Great Leader Gareth etc. I'll have to get that fucking tattoo when we win, I know full well death doesn't cancel out a deal like that :D
Should have got it already. Prices are bound to go up after the win.

Still a queue outside the Billet at 6.30 , a girl tried to get in via the exit door , security were having none of it , pointed her to the end of the queue 😂 they've also got security guards to stop people climbing over a fence into the garden at the back . #scenes .

It’s all a bit round the houses isn’t it, this farting around to bring a football home.

In the old days we’d just have sent in the SAS.

Absolutely wrong. More backwards passing I say. Establish good possession at the back and at the base of midfield, move Spanish players around to find a gap, then one good pass or a sharp turn (the best element of Mainoo's game) beats the first line of the press and leaves 2 or 3 opponents ahead of the ball; then and only then do we go for the quick, direct forward passes and make use of the extra numbers.
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm an FA coach too.

It's just that those knobbers don't know why they are passing it back and think its negative football. Then get bored and get on the packet and spoil it for everyone else.

Nervous and excited, I'd love to see us win something just once in my lifetime.

I think Spain look better but the way our tournament has gone, I think/hope it could be possible.

Couldn't face going to the pub for this. Have the telly running through a 1kw sound system usually reserved for drum and bass, the foundations of the house are being challenged and I'm absolutely buzzing.

John Stones to be man of the match, you heard it here first.

Back
Top Bottom