Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

The Tory government will be weak, but the DUP will also want to keep Corbyn out of power enough to support them for the Queen's Speeches, budgets, votes of confidence etc.

It would be astonishing if that were ever in doubt. The point of getting a deal has to be Brexit.

In case The Queen's Speech is even more rot than usual, here's this:
19396981_10213900980261964_8042917520763806947_n.jpg

We shouldn't forget that as well as trolling may, the fuckers are also trolling us: come the vote on the queens speech, they'll troop through the government lobby whatever.
Raises an important question about how they will respond, though the QS is not voted on immediately.

They will of course. But only after having wounded the govt to an extent that makes the thing they dread, Corbyn in power, way more likely. The DUP are also Fuckwits.
I'd say their decision whether to support or abstain will rest upon the deal being settled; they're obviously hanging out for something(s)...so if May doesn't yield they may just abstain to let her know her weakness.

I'd say their decision whether to support or abstain will rest upon the deal being settled; they're obviously hanging out for something(s)...so if May doesn't yield they may just abstain to let her know her weakness.
Only if they're idiots. This is an absurd game of chicken. The DUP in some ways have more to lose than the Tories. The Tories can lick their wounds and come back in the next election. If the DUP let Corbyn in, and are seen to let Corbyn in, they could be finished in a few years' time.

Right at the beginning of this, I thought the DUP were bound to overplay their hand. And sure enough, that is what they are doing. They are not equals in this negotiation, but are acting as if they were. They're fools.

The thing about the DUP we forget is that they're basically small time, small town hicks who got lucky.
We don't forget that, and no-one does, but the whole "getting lucky" is not fun, not good. DUP is quite scary.

My own sneaky thoughts are that the LibDems will walk back in, saying "Oh we are even nicer to the Tories than the DUP, and we have even got as much as twelve M.P.s, which makes us really popular and important."

A bit of fluffy television chat things ... and soon it will be sold to us as "Oh, at least it's not that scary mad DUP in charge now, eh? It's just the Tories and their followers in power.

And on we go again. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom