Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

Five days from the election to the publication of the full agreement. So this is already a week longer.

Also I don't think Cameron went off to see the queen before he knew he could form a government. May ran off to see queeny before the dust had even startled to settle and on the of a two minute chat by the sounds of it. Thoroughly in keeping with everything else she has done, a terrible decision driven by hubris and extreme arrogance.

Also I don't think Cameron went off to see the queen before he knew he could form a government. May ran off to see queeny before the dust had even startled to settle and on the of a two minute chat by the sounds of it. Thoroughly in keeping with everything else she has done, a terrible decision driven by hubris and extreme arrogance.

has corbs seen her yet? I guess it would be too premature

queens speech first, then el corbz gets his go if its voted down. We don't even know if the tory/dup satanic pact is completed yet do we, let alone how many child sacrifices have been demanded

No, he didn't. Slightly different situation in that Cameron wasn't the sitting PM, but yes, that was a poor decision by May, taken, I would guess, in a panicked response to a situation that they had not prepared for.

No, he didn't. Slightly different situation in that Cameron wasn't the sitting PM, but yes, that was a poor decision by May, taken, I would guess, in a panicked response to a situation that they had not prepared for.

Think she wanted to make a DUP deal a fait accompli. A lot of Tories think it's a bad idea, but she headed them off at the pass.

Think she wanted to make a DUP deal a fait accompli. A lot of Tories think it's a bad idea, but she headed them off at the pass.
I think she'd been up all night, had not anticipated not winning outright, and made the decision there and then with rather little thought of any kind. Her initial speech, which was basically the thing she'd prepared for if she had won outright with barely a tweak, strongly suggests that she was not thinking straight at the time.

I think she'd been up all night, had not anticipated not winning outright, and made the decision there and then with rather little thought of any kind. Her initial speech, which was basically the thing she'd prepared for if she had won outright with barely a tweak, strongly suggests that she was not thinking straight at the time.

Yes that seems like a fair assessment. She was on autopilot and the speech was a dead giveaway, she had shut down into total denial.

Will the Queen make it to Ascot in time for the first race tomorrow? That's the important question. Speculation she might use a helicopter.

I'd get comfortable, there's nothing the DUP like more* than a nice long protracted negotiation

* except marching, Lambeg drums, hating taigs, building dangerously tall bonfires, marching, bunting, marching, the Queen, arguing against evolution, marching, flegs!, hating the gays, marching & of course marching.

You forget chucking rocks and petrol bombs fair enough from the republican side.
But why the fuck were the so called loyalists trying to kill us?:D:facepalm:
Did phone the irish army once about handing the 6 counties over.
Their response was get to fuck its your problem:(:)

Indeed, as i recall the words "DUP spokesperson suggests talk of deal premature" were scrolling and scrolling along the breaking news bit before during and after her visit to the Queen, giving me false hope of a Corbyn led govt :(

IYzpZDu1PjyWyqPUqdG489sSM2CG_JJzTiqxDkMkBfE.jpg

this is quite good

May appears to have fucked it all up again. The tories must be desperate to let her stay on as their leader.

queens speech first, then el corbz gets his go if its voted down. We don't even know if the tory/dup satanic pact is completed yet do we, let alone how many child sacrifices have been demanded

First thing labour should do if the queen's speech gets voted down is run on a platform of having a second general election. Then hope to fuck they can get a majority this time round. Can't see any other way round it myself.

Maybe we need to take these theatrics with a pinch of salt. The DUP get to show that they're flexing their muscles to constituents back in Norn Iron, while the more moderate Tories are reassured that May isn't jumping into bed with some throwbacks from the seventeenth century. While it all highlights how fragile the government will be, it also suits both sides for this arrangement to appear not to go too smoothly.

Maybe we need to take these theatrics with a pinch of salt. The DUP get to show that they're flexing their muscles to constituents back in Norn Iron, while the more moderate Tories are reassured that May isn't jumping into bed with some throwbacks from the seventeenth century. While it all highlights how fragile the government will be, it also suits both sides for this arrangement to appear not to go too smoothly.
killjoy

One thing we should know by now is that the Tories are not political masterminds capable of such things. I err on the side of utter incompetence.

One thing we should know by now is that the Tories are not political masterminds capable of such things. I err on the side of utter incompetence.

I'm not trying to suggest that it's a deliberate ruse to give the rest of us a false impression, more that both sides can strike some poses at the moment, but will then deal with the reality of the situation. The Tory government will be weak, but the DUP will also want to keep Corbyn out of power enough to support them for the Queen's Speeches, budgets, votes of confidence etc.

That would suggest May & her cabinet are some kind of tactical wizards playing a game of 3D hologram hyper chess & not a bunch of confused idiots who'd lose a game of checkers to a donkey.

Back
Top Bottom