Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

Wonder what the stains at the Sun thought, since they were crowing about "QUEEN BACKS BREXIT" before the referendum.

I've been sayhing for a while that celeb and pic driven liberalism in 2017 increasingly resembles monarchism, glad to see these things actually becoming basically indistinguishable.
lets face it, pageantry was what people had before they invented light entertainment stars. No, back in the olden days all you had was public executions and pageantry

Tell you one thing, I bet the Tories were fucking livid when they saw her hat.
You want to see the Daily Mail comments, it's political incorrectness gorn mad! :D
DC2JM2CXYAEUN7F.jpg

oh yeah there was the Passion, wheeled out to get the pogroms on

Another one I just learned about (ive just been reading a book about the origins of the blood libel) is 'relic tours' :eek:

basically the saints bones would would get wheeled around for a trip around to different places, and in the case of blood libel shit be accompanied with fiery speeches about jews. but people would come along with absurdly exaggerated injuries and touch the relics and then look like they were 'cured' in order to encourage other people to think it could cure them. just totally fucked up, to the extent that even popes and bishops criticised it at the time :eek:

Another one I just learned about (ive just been reading a book about the origins of the blood libel) is 'relic tours' :eek:

basically the saints bones would would get wheeled around for a trip around to different places, and in the case of blood libel shit be accompanied with fiery speeches about jews. but people would come along with absurdly exaggerated injuries and touch the relics and then look like they were 'cured' in order to encourage other people to think it could cure them. just totally fucked up, to the extent that even popes and bishops criticised it at the time :eek:
that is messed up. Fake news lol. Still, the protocols are a sterling example of fake news as propagated by someone who would happy to write for brietbart...

What I meant (hopefully obviously) is during their time as leader. Tory leaders nearly always manage to get at least one overall majority at a GE, which is perplexing in itself. Not Meh though.

umm

William Hague (lost 2001 election), Ian Duncan Shitwit (didn't last long enough - as leader - for a general election) and Michael Howard (lost 2005 election) were tory leaders who never won a general election or became PM in recentish memory

and Alec Douglas-Home (became 'unelected' PM when Harold MacMillan resigned part way through a parliament, then lost 1964 general election)

umm

William Hague (lost 2001 election), Ian Duncan Shitwit (didn't last long enough - as leader - for a general election) and Michael Howard (lost 2005 election) were tory leaders who never won a general election or became PM in recentish memory

and Alec Douglas-Home (became 'unelected' PM when Harold MacMillan resigned part way through a parliament, then lost 1964 general election)

But aside from the 7 or 8 examples people have brought up, Taffy is correct tho right?

Don't forget, badger baiting, dog fighting and something that may have a bit of a comeback in the Tory party in weeks to come 'cock fighting'
:D

There were wandering minstrels as well. They were popular well into the 20th century, until the BBC realised they were a bit racist.

Last edited:
What I meant (hopefully obviously) is during their time as leader. Tory leaders nearly always manage to get at least one overall majority at a GE, which is perplexing in itself. Not Meh though.
But this doesn't apply to Andrew Bonar Law who ended up winning a majority in the following election in 1922. He then resigned a year later and his successor called a snap general election and lost his majority. So a completely different situation.

I've been sayhing for a while that celeb and pic driven liberalism in 2017 increasingly resembles monarchism, glad to see these things actually becoming basically indistinguishable.
I found this hat thing astonishing. First of all, let's imagine the Queen was making a statement. Why are you cheering that? The unelected head of state, there by heredity, sexist heredity, and the combined Supreme Governor of the Church of England and supposed source of the Crown-in-Parliament phenomenon which supposedly imbues legitimacy and sovereignty and symbolises the fused powers of executive and legislature, is your idea of a rebel? She symbolises a state which doesn't get its sovereignty from the people, but from her. And she heads the established religion. Which has Lords Spiritual in the higher chamber as of right. Not by coincidence. Not who just happen to be bishops and are now also lords. But who are there because the CofE gets Lords by right. And we pay this monarch to live in palaces and own the swans and dolphins. And this you choose as your champion? Astonishing.

Secondly, it was a blue and yellow hat, ffs. It takes a real leap to see it as a flag. It's a hat with flowers on. It's a fucking hat. A hat.

I found this hat thing astonishing. First of all, let's imagine the Queen was making a statement. Why are you cheering that? The unelected head of state, there by heredity, sexist heredity, and the combined Supreme Governor of the Church of England and supposed source of the Crown-in-Parliament phenomenon which supposedly imbues legitimacy and sovereignty and symbolises the fused powers of executive and legislature, is your idea of a rebel? She symbolises a state which doesn't get its sovereignty from the people, but from her. And she heads the established religion. Which has Lords Spiritual in the higher chamber as of right. Not by coincidence. Not who just happen to be bishops and are now also lords. But who are there because the CofE gets Lords by right. And we pay this monarch to live in palaces and own the swans and dolphins. And this you choose as your champion? Astonishing.

Secondly, it was a blue and yellow hat, ffs. It takes a real leap to see it as a flag. It's a hat with flowers on. It's a fucking hat. A hat.
you're a hat

She's not my champion and I'm not British, I'm just more amused that heredity head of your costitutional monarchy is giving two fingers to the sitting govt via her clothing choices.

She's the symbolic head of your country therefore the only thing she can do is make symbolic gestures. Like wearing the EU colours to parliament the day May's govt announce 8 Brexit bills.

She's not my champion
She is if you approve of and applaud her supposed "rebellion".

She's the symbolic head of your country therefore the only thing she can do is make symbolic gestures.
She's the actual head of state. Her functions may be mostly symbolic (though not entirely), but her position is literal.

Like wearing the EU colours to parliament the day May's govt announce 8 Brexit bills.
She wore blue. She has a long history of wearing blue. And if you look at the colour wheel, you'll see that opposite the blues and purples are the oranges and yellows. That's why designers often choose those colours to complement each other. (Any why painters painting a yellow thing use blue and purple in the shading and so on).

If you have any evidence that the Queen is a big fan of the EU and that this was a conscious choice to represent the EU flag by using different shades of the colours in that flag, then I will happily stand corrected.

And then I will renew my calls for the monarchy to be abolished, as it is not supposed to interfere in this way.

I think it's a stretch to think this was a coincidence - too big a stretch. But it could as easily have been an ironic statement about the way brexit is dominating everything at the moment as a statement in support of the EU.

Don't forget, badger baiting, dog fighting and something that may have a bit of a comeback in the Tory party in weeks to come 'cock fighting'
:D

working class bloodsports coley, will remain banned. Riding about on your horse and inducting your spawn into a vile blood cult activity is strictly for the aristos now

I think it's a stretch to think this was a coincidence - too big a stretch. But it could as easily have been an ironic statement about the way brexit is dominating everything at the moment as a statement in support of the EU.
queens speech.jpg

I think it's a stretch to see this as representing a flag. But then I don't really "get" flags, it has to be said. But even so, I'm not even seeing a "coincidence". I'm just seeing an outfit.

Maybe Charles is saying he's a big fan of Metallica's fifth album with that jacket?

Back
Top Bottom