Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

I wasn't aware that explaining this story was something that modern shits had a reputation for.

From my academic reading, the bald head was a sign of religious belief, and the youths were young soldiers. So God saved a holy man from being attacked by a hate mob.

edit: ok that's what the link says, not sure why they're shits but whatever.
It's also quite a funny story, particularly if you've been the victim of unwarranted verbal abuse.

What's the point. Anyone researching it is likely to be some flavour of Christian, and so presumably anathema to you.

Nah, there are plenty of Jewish and atheist researchers. Surely you can find a better fuckwit than a medical doctor whose Hebrew is limited to a few words some slightly more knowledgeable fuckwit fed to her.

Nah, there are plenty of Jewish and atheist researchers.

Go on then, post up some analysis from one of them detailing how these verses are definitely about the slaughtering of children for teasing a man who suffered from androgenetic alopecia, rather than defending a holy man from a hateful mob, hopefully in a new thread.

My cousin and kid are visiting tomorrow, so we’re going along in the brightest garments we can find - challenging all those daft sad angry people by being fabulous. :cool:
I've only watched a couple of the videos but I loved the kids reactions to the fabulous costumes. They seemed entranced by the 'mermaids" (sequined dresses), queen of the unicorns (rainbow outfits). They seemed to react as if fairytale colourful characters had stepped out of the pages to read and sing with them. They seemed to love the extra prettiness. My niece is grown up now but when little she surrounded herself with pretty stickers and images, all about the magic and sparkles. I think it's lovely to give kids magic and sparkles and appeal to their sense of wonder as opposed to the grim cynicism of adults. Hope you and your family have a great day!

Aye, I’ve been thinking about the criticisms of drag as misogynistic parodies of femininity and while this may have had some degree of truth in the past, the genderfluid/non-binary nature of recent drag performers means that they’re really not sending up those looks, but celebrating the glamour of outrageous make-up, hair and costumes. They’re just showing us that anyone can be fabulous, whatever genitals they have.

My cousin and kid are visiting tomorrow, so we’re going along in the brightest garments we can find - challenging all those daft sad angry people by being fabulous. :cool:

Will be interested to hear what you think.
Obv you don’t have any beef with it, but in terms of the story and reactions of the kids etc.

I think it's so important for boys to see they don't have to get into all that macho stuff, that it's ok for boys/men to be colourful and pretty if they want to be. Even if they aren't allowed themselves, to see it out there and know it exists. "You can't have that, that's for girls/boys" needs to die a death.

So totally. We can only get equality in mind as well as law when 'feminine' things for men stop being seen as shameful and humiliating. Because that has been the narrative for millennia - women are lesser and for a man to be like them or try to be like them is debasing his noble manliness to shameful womanliness.

I hope this is true:

It is an encouraging sign full stop if some of these people are stopping to think who they are allying themselves with, as it breaks up the opposition and also, just maybe some of them will stop and think how their actions are coming over and are they really striking at the people in power or just harming and scaring totally innocent and probably powerless parties. Maybe.

It is an encouraging sign full stop if some of these people are stopping to think who they are allying themselves with, as it breaks up the opposition and also, just maybe some of them will stop and think how their actions are coming over and are they really striking at the people in power or just harming and scaring totally innocent and probably powerless parties. Maybe.

Though a good number will just be concerned about what they believe is simply an anti child-abuse movement being tainted by racism.

Queen Elizabeth cross-dressing, they'll need to protest outside Windsor Castle now.

131204151513-queen-panto-4-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

A few of these DQSTs around were supposed to take place in different library branches on the same day, but they had to reduce them to one appearance as safety couldn’t be guaranteed for the performer moving from venue to venue, rather than at the events themselves.
Tomorrow’s event has been reduced to two sessions at the central library, where there’s lots of space outside to have two separate protesting areas and loads of ‘escape’ routes.
Police didn’t have the resources to cover multiple venues across the city. It’s first-of-the-season sportsball match day tomorrow so they were already stretched as it is.
Leeds and Brighton. Proper fucked if we can't definitively out-organise and defeat these freaks in Leeds and Brighton.
Anyway, report back from Brighton here:

Back
Top Bottom