Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

And the modern shits who attempt to explain and justify that story:

People tie themselves in knots when they need to justify believing something absurd. That’s true for everyone.

I don’t think you need to play games with context to find really nasty shit in the Quran, but then you don’t in the Bible either. It was written by people who were going through and reacting to nasty shit to a fair extent tbf.

The thing with religious nuts is they never read their own texts. And some are just nasty sorts looking for justifications obv.
They do read their own texts

They do read their own texts

They seem very surprised by some of the stuff in there ime.

They read in a very “guided” way.
It doesn’t take that long to just read the Bible cover to cover, yet afaik I’ve met only one Christian who has done so.

I don’t think you need to play games with context to find really nasty shit in the Quran, but then you don’t in the Bible either. It was written by people who were going through and reacting to nasty shit to a fair extent tbf.

The thing with religious nuts is they never read their own texts. And some are just nasty sorts looking for justifications obv.

I think what's key is it's not what the texts say but how they are interpreted in practice that's important. Criticism of religion can take the form "let me explain your beliefs to you".

And the modern shits who attempt to explain and justify that story:

I wasn't aware that explaining this story was something that modern shits had a reputation for.

From my academic reading, the bald head was a sign of religious belief, and the youths were young soldiers. So God saved a holy man from being attacked by a hate mob.

edit: ok that's what the link says, not sure why they're shits but whatever.

I think what's key is it's not what the texts say but how they are interpreted in practice that's important.

Indeed. If the religious all followed the edicts of their texts to the letter it would be quite terrifying.

not to mention confusing given the number of different edicts in the book, eg thou shalt not kill v thou shalt not suffer a witch to live

“Thou shalt not kill” (arguably better translated as “thou shalt not murder”) was only ever meant to apply to fellow Jews, and even then there were plentiful exceptions.

Strictly speaking, the verb means 'murder', which is freelance killing. Putting someone to death for cursing their parents is OK, because that's what God wants you to do.

You’d make a great researcher :oldthumbsup:

There is no real evidence for your assertion.

There are a variety of fuckwits desperate to make the text mean something other than what it says, though. I was just curious as to which particular fuckwit you were relying on for your troll attempt, but I can understand your shyness here.

There is no real evidence for your assertion.

There are a variety of fuckwits desperate to make the text mean something other than what it says, though. I was just curious as to which particular fuckwit you were relying on for your troll attempt, but I can understand your shyness here.

What's the point. Anyone researching it is likely to be some flavour of Christian, and so presumably anathema to you.

e.g. Elisha, Little Children, and the Bears and Elisha and the Children: The Question of Accepting Prophetic Succession on JSTOR

Back
Top Bottom