Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

1722058997660.png

(after reading the below this is a spoof, from where memes collide :D )

The terms "jorking," "peanits" and even "stripped club" come from a post on Twitter / X made by user @laterundulator back in May 2024. The post read, "in the stripped club. straight up "jorking it". and by "it", haha, well. let's justr say. My peanits." Before the post was deleted, as all good tweets are, it gathered over 40,000 likes.

leading to:

and:

The AP posted its fact check on the Vance/couch claims on Wednesday afternoon. By Thursday morning it was taken down, having seemingly failed to adhere to a key standard with its headline “No, JD Vance did not have sex with a couch”.

Get past the comical nature of the AP’s headline and you can instantly see what part of the problem is here. The AP has no way to be 100 percent certain of its claim. There is no possible way to verify it.

Now we’ve reached the point where you have a faction of the internet believing Vance actually had sectional relations because the AP removed the story, another faction who believes its all a giant conspiracy and everyone else in between who just keeps getting off more jokes at the absurdity of the whole situation.

Last edited:
Maybe he just means you won't have to vote again cos it won't be me who is standing for election so you won't have to bother? that will be his defense if called on it

he was asked which his favourite verse was a few years ago and as I recall he said All of them since he clearly couldn't remember any:)

elsewhere he said:

"Well, I think many. I mean, when we get into the Bible, I think many, so many. And some people, look, an eye for an eye, you can almost say that," Trump said. "That's not a particularly nice thing. But you know, if you look at what's happening to our country, I mean, when you see what's going on with our country, how people are taking advantage of us, and how they scoff at us and laugh at us. And they laugh at our face, and they're taking our jobs, they're taking our money, they're taking the health of our country. And we have to be very firm and have to be very strong. And we can learn a lot from the Bible, that I can tell you."

Maybe he just means you won't have to vote again cos it won't be me who is standing for election so you won't have to bother? that will be his defense if called on it
He means you won't need to vote again because he will have sorted all the things you want sorting. Nothing about ending voting.

he was asked which his favourite verse was a few years ago and as I recall he said All of them since he clearly couldn't remember any:)

elsewhere he said:

So his main takeaway from the Bible is the importance of vengeance? Just wow.

I didn't quote the following couple of paragraphs

Trump did not mention that the Old Testament's "Eye for an eye" is later renounced in the New Testament in favor of "turn the other cheek," in Matthew 5:38: "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."

Throughout his campaign, Trump has suggested that he actively practices religion and even showed off a Bible just a day before the Iowa caucuses earlier this year in an effort to court evangelical voters

He means you won't need to vote again because he will have sorted all the things you want sorting. Nothing about ending voting.
Yeah there's a lot of this stuff. He might be intending to end voting but the lines people pick out rarely mean that directly unless you're primed to translate him as such. Tbh I think Democrats do themselves few favours by hyping these as gotchas.

I was going to refer to him saying he was going to be a dictator on day 1 but you may have a point:

but Project 2025 would suggest otherwise I'd have thought. His many statements on retribution would also seem to back up the idea he's going to be some sort of dictator.

Last edited:
The Trump apologists are saying he had just been talking about fundamentalist Christians that don’t vote, pleading for just this one time as their “beliefs are under threat”. However, that explanation still carries the message that the Dems will never get in again, even if voting is not abolished. So he is basically saying that he is going to rig the system- either to full dictatorship or to the kind of “democracy” enjoyed in Putin’s Russia, where you can vote for any flavour of party, from communist to fascist, safe in the knowledge that they are all subservient to Putin’s Mafiosi of kleptocratic scum.

Yeah there's a lot of this stuff. He might be intending to end voting but the lines people pick out rarely mean that directly unless you're primed to translate him as such. Tbh I think Democrats do themselves few favours by hyping these as gotchas.
Plenty on here doing the same, the meaning is clear, but people insist on twisting the meaning.

Polling is looking good in New Hampshire, one of the swing states, lets hope it's going well in the others.

Vice President Kamala Harris has taken the lead over former President Donald Trump in New Hampshire, two new polls revealed.

Both polls show Harris leading Trump by six points in the Granite State: 50% to 44% in a poll conducted by the Saint Anselm College Survey Center at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, and 49% to 43% in a poll conducted by University of New Hampshire Survey Center. Both polls were released Thursday.

It’s a marked shift from a NHIOP poll released a few days after the first presidential debate in June, which saw Trump taking the lead over President Joe Biden, 44% to 42%. It was a telling result in a state that voted for Biden by a large margin in 2020.

New Hampshire only has 4 EC votes so it's not particularly relevant.

Kamala needs to win PA (19 votes) and WI (10 votes) assuming Trump flips AZ.

New Hampshire only has 4 EC votes so it's not particularly relevant.

Kamala needs to win PA (19 votes) and WI (10 votes) assuming Trump flips AZ.

Indeed, that why I said, 'lets hope it's going well in the others', TBH I don't pay much attention to US elections, but if polls are shifting that much in NH, logically it could be happening elsewhere.

I was going to refer to him saying he was going to be a dictator on day 1 but you may have a point:

but Project 2025 would suggest otherwise I'd have thought. His many statements on retribution would also seem to back up the idea he's going to be some sort of dictator.

Yeah you have to understand a remark like ‘you’ll never have to vote again’ in a broader context. This is a guy who tried to overturn an election through fraud and violence, who said he’ll be a “dictator on day one” next time, who’s praised dictators around the world and who’s promised a ‘blood bath’ if he loses the next election. He’s also recently been given absolute immunity from prosecution by SCOTUS for doing things like ordering the assassination of his political rivals and orchestrating a military coup. Against this backdrop it’s naive in the extreme to give the most generous gloss to his boasting to his fundamentalist Christian base that they’ll never need to vote again if he’s elected. The idea that he means he’ll achieve everything they want in one term makes no sense because future administrations could just reverse his policy. Maybe I overstated it before when I said he is openly advertising his plans for dictatorship but he very much is implying that, with just enough plausible deniability.

Last edited:
Yeah you have to understand a remark like ‘you’ll never have to vote again’ in a broader context. This is a guy who tried to overturn an election to fraud and violence, who said he’ll be a “dictator on day one” next time, who’s praised dictators around the world and who’s promised a ‘blood bath’ if he loses the next election. He’s also recently been given absolute immunity from prosecution by SCOTUS for doing things like ordering the assassination of his political rivals and orchestrating a military coup. Against this backdrop it’s naive in the extreme to give the most generous gloss to his boasting to his fundamentalist Christian base that they’ll never need to vote again if he’s elected. The idea that he means he’ll achieve everything they want in one term makes no sense because future administrations could just reverse his policy. Maybe I overstated it before when I said he is openly advertising his plans for dictatorship but he very much is implying that, with just enough plausible deniability.
WRT to "not going to have to vote again" - Seeing as Trump is about as subtle as a bullet through the ear and does bluster and outright lieing rather than weasle words - im going for "said the quiet bit out loud"

Plenty on here doing the same, the meaning is clear, but people insist on twisting the meaning.
Except the other day he said the Dems were going to stop elections. So if he meant they would sort all the problems out then there's no need to vote for Trump if they are both going to sort all the problems out. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom