Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who Series 10

Corax stated that she annoys the hell out of him.
I called bullshit on him judging the value of an actress simply because she doesn't fit the usual mold of having to be super attractive to work as an actress.
He refuted my assertion and so i dropped it as without his agreement i had no proof of his looks driven prejudice.

Why are you bringing it up 2 days later when it was dropped?
I would have been a hero had he confessed to my assertion and outed himself but instead you are casting me as a villain because i challenged him?
You "called bullshit" on my "looks driven prejudice" did you? Hmm.

This, ladies and gentleman, is what is commonly known as "projection" :rolleyes:

Also possibly an attempt at a smattering of distraction and deflection.

Twat.

So, where are we up to?

Scenario 1: thousand year old multi-regenerating alien with 2 hearts whose young companions turn out to be the parents of his wife, who was once played by someone who turns out to be the father of someone who marries somebody else who played him.
- Bungle: fine!

Scenario 2: latest regeneration acquires tits
- Bungle: No, no NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Wail, wail, wail, menz...

by god your right, nobody gave a shit what sex the shark was, when Fonzie jumped it

It's almost like they didn't sit down in 1963 and plan for every possible character and plot development that might prove desirable over a 55-year period.
Sydney Newman had references to the Doctor and Susan's origins removed when they refilmed the original unaired pilot as an Unearthly Child. He wanted to make if more ambiguous to create some mystery for the audience and give the writers more freedom. Some straw clutchers think he already had the possibility of regeneration in mind.

A common mistake.

tommy-cannon-05.jpg

untitled3.jpg

It's almost like they didn't sit down in 1963 and plan for every possible character and plot development that might prove desirable over a 55-year period.
Well that's exactly what I am saying. It's stories just made up as they go, it's never worried about contradictory content. Probably just timey whimey stuff.

The Changing Genders In (and of) Doctor Who

However, on a more serious note, Sydney Newman (a man hugely responsibly for bringing Doctor Who to the screen in 1963) recommended a female Doctor to the then BBC Chairman Michael Grade in 1986.

Newman wrote:

"At a later stage, Doctor Who should be metamorphosed into a woman.”
The Canadian producer also stated he wanted to “avoid a flashy, Hollywood Wonder Woman because this kind of heroine with no flaws is a bore.” So, over thirty years ago, even Doctor Who’s co-creator wanted a gender change for the lead role.

Oddly on facebook, got people bringing Captain Janeway into this. Of course Janeway had to be a woman, otherwise it would have been 2 seasons before anybody admitted they were lost and another two before they even considered asking locals for directions.
Doesn't help with Who though, either Mrs Who has 'difficulties' in a non matriarchal past (a major change in direction) or feminists should be upset with airbrushing history. ..
But they probably just won't watch.

Oddly on facebook, got people bringing Captain Janeway into this. Of course Janeway had to be a woman, otherwise it would have been 2 seasons before anybody admitted they were lost and another two before they even considered asking locals for directions.
Doesn't help with Who though, either Mrs Who has 'difficulties' in a non matriarchal past (a major change in direction) or feminists should be upset with airbrushing history. ..
But they probably just won't watch.
When were they lost?
I don't recall them ever not knowing where they were.

I'm not convinced that this kind of stereotyping is any more helpful than the 'a woman can't park the Tardis' shit tbh.

I read somewhere that when Ten knew he was going to regenerate he revisited all the old companions. Does that mean he saved Katarina and Adric, then?

I read somewhere that when Ten knew he was going to regenerate he revisited all the old companions. Does that mean he saved Katarina and Adric, then?
You know how time travel works right?
It was mentioned in an episode of the Sarah Jane adventures.

Serious answer is no it's unlikely,although in the case of adric there is a big finish story where he survives and ends up in victorian England it's called the boy that time forgot.

Back
Top Bottom