Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

Feeling slightly more well disposed towards humanity this morning, I'd make a SWAG that about 50% of the people going to this will probably be vulnerable in some way. Fuck the other 50% as manipulative scumbags for sure, but I do have some sympathy (albeit deeply buried sometimes) for the others.

My sister lives in Germany...she has been telling me that there have been a lot of protests in Germany on the vaccine issue, as, if i understand correctly, the German government was saying that without having taken the vaccine when it becomes available you wont get an immunity passport, and without that passport you wont be allowed access to work, school etc.
This effectively makes taking a vaccine compulsory

Supposedly due to public pressure, including demonstrations and other civil protest acts the German government have back tracked on this to some degree.

All this is second hand info, and am happy to stand corrected on this version of events. Reno?

I'm not an anti-vaxer, however this vaccine is going to be rushed through the usual safety checks when it comes and there is potentially some risk of it not being as safe as it should be to take if longer term testing were in place. That said we are nowhere near that point yet, so I cant see any reason to get worked up yet. Ill wait to see what the medical world says on the vaccine at the time.

I'm not supposed to have live vaccines due to a history of previous adverse reactions. So I'm 100% in favour of compulsory vaccination for everyone else, because herd immunity is the only kind of immunity I'm likely to get.

Also I loathe, despise and detest anti-vaxxers and I want everything they hate most to happen to them. You know, the way polio used to happen to innocent children.

My sister lives in Germany...she has been telling me that there have been a lot of protests in Germany on the vaccine issue, as, if i understand correctly, the German government was saying that without having taken the vaccine when it becomes available you wont get an immunity passport, and without that passport you wont be allowed access to work, school etc.

Supposedly due to public pressure, including demonstrations and other civil protest acts the German government have back tracked on this to some degree.

All this is second hand info, and am happy to stand corrected on this version of events. Reno?

I'm not an anti-vaxer, however this vaccine is going to be rushed through the usual safety checks when it comes and there is potentially some risk of it not being as safe as it should be to take if longer term testing were in place. That said we are nowhere near that point yet, so I cant see any reason to get worked up yet. Ill wait to see what the medical world says on the vaccine at the time.
tbh I don't have a problem at all in principle with Germany's approach, if that's what they're intending. Compulsory? Not quite. But if there are no medical reasons for you not to have it (and some will have medical reasons), then you don't get to go around as normal among those who have had it. It's precisely because there are medical reasons for some people not to have it that it's so important for everyone else to have it. It's pretty basic social contract stuff for me. Sometimes that trumps individual freedoms, and I would call this one of those times.

That said, I'd prefer a soft approach at first if at all possible. I'd like, perhaps naively, to think that enough people would take it to make the very few who won't not such a worry.

The protests in Germany have been similar to those in the US, they are mostly by extremists (both on the left and the right) and by conspiraloons. I see no evidence here of vaccines being rushed through, there is no sign of a vaccine for Covid 19. Germany has just agreed to spent a lot of money on research into a vaccine/treatment, that's all .

Immunisation has been made compulsory, this was mainly in regard to measles and i'm all for it. There is a dangerous culture of homeopathy and alternative medicine here in Germany, it's far more mainstream than in the UK, so with that you'll also get more anti-vaxers kicking up a fuss. There have been violent assaults on journalists just doing their job at several of these protests, so that should tell you something about the participants.

Last edited:
tbh I don't have a problem at all in principle with Germany's approach, if that's what they're intending. Compulsory? Not quite. But if there are no medical reasons for you not to have it (and some will have medical reasons), then you don't get to go around as normal among those who have had it. It's precisely because there are medical reasons for some people not to have it that it's so important for everyone else to have it. It's pretty basic social contract stuff for me. Sometimes that trumps individual freedoms, and I would call this one of those times.

That said, I'd prefer a soft approach at first if at all possible. I'd like, perhaps naively, to think that enough people would take it to make the very few who won't not such a worry.

Just as theres a drive to get people back to work - before its safe to do so - so there MIGHT be a drive to get people to take a vacinne - before its safe to do so.
Im being speculative here. Lets wait and see what happens, and what the wider medical establishment says (as opposed to the opinion of Cumming's uncle who is a vet)

Just as theres a drive to get people back to work - before its safe to do so - so there MIGHT be a drive to get people to take a vacinne - before its safe to do so.
Im being speculative here. Lets wait and see what happens, and what the wider medical establishment says (not the opinion of Cumming's uncle who is vet)
I'm not taking a vaccine that hasn't been approved by expert bodies that I trust. I reckon most people would be of the same opinion. Is that likely to happen, though?

I don't think even the staunchest pro-vaccine campaigners are advocating people take ones that haven't been properly tested.

for the sake of waffling on this thread:
-the world is plunging into depression
-people are already running out of money to live
-its only May
-a vaccine is a long way off, relatively speaking
-the pressure on the role of that vaccine is huge and potentially subject to political pressure and interference
-therefore there are logical reasons to at least be vigilant that a vaccine is rolled out properly.

I expect it will be, there'll be the eyes of the whole world on it. I'm not personally worried. But I can imagine why some people might be. Supposedly there is some historical precedent off badly rolled out medicine in the world, in relatively recent times, that did have negative health effects <I dont know the details, was told but have forgotten....Denmark? Sweden possible? Again hearing this 2nd hand about conversations happening in Germany

Last edited:
I'm not personally worried. But I can imagine why some people might be.
This is the nub of it, though, no? Some people might be worried, but is that a reason to allow them not to have the vaccine once it's rolled out? If there are only a handful of worriers, ok, but if there are too many, then I would have to say no, it's not a reason to allow them not to have it. I would say 'Steel yourselves, and have the courage to overcome your worries for the common good.'

I think / guess this the case I was being told about

"Dr. Tegnell has faced criticism over a pandemic strategy before. During the 2009 swine flu outbreak, he advocated widespread use of a vaccine from GlaxoSmithKline called Pandemrix even though it had been rushed into service. Eventually more than 400 Swedish children who had been inoculated developed narcolepsy, a rare sleep disorder, and the drug was taken off the market. Several other European countries also used Pandemrix and reported cases of narcolepsy, but Sweden was among the largest users of the drug. The government later apologized and provided compensation to those affected. Dr. Tegnell has defended its use and said at the time that it was hard to balance “400 children with narcolepsy against about 100 deaths.” "

Pretty sure Sweden was involved in the example i was told about

This acquired narcolepsy, was it a permanent or a temporary condition for those affected? If temporary, then I might be convinced that such side effects are worth it. If permanent, then absolutely not.

Anti-vaxxers are fucking odd, aren't they? I guess along with antibiotics, vaccinations are THE achievement of modern medicine. How do such people even exist? :confused: :facepalm: I don't blame Frank for being angry that they exist.

Technically we discovered antibiotics, but we invented vaccines. And it is better to stop people falling into the river than to simply fish them out somewhere downstream, so vaccinatons are the winner.

I do think some of the discourse around vaccines is overly negative however. Instead of 'anti-vax' for example, we should label people as 'pro-death'.

Technically we discovered antibiotics, but we invented vaccines. And it is better to stop people falling into the river than to simply fish them out somewhere downstream, so vaccinatons are the winner.

I do think some of the discourse around vaccines is overly negative however. Instead of 'anti-vax' for example, we should label people as 'pro-death'.

these pro-Covid groups (particularly the US protesters) are fundamentally anti-human (fuck the vulnerable) and should be clearly identified as such in all reporting. Pages like the one referenced in this page and related YouTube fuckery need reporting and shutting down in all instances, I’m dobbing in anything I come across.

Back
Top Bottom