Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

Why don't they post it out in the open? Why are you so special? We all need to know the truth!
It was sort of "in passing".
I considered them a friend before that. They just kept digging deeper.
I suspect now that's a key reason they stopped posting on the boards but it's taken years for them to show their cards.
See also my ex- from 20 years ago who last year revealed themselves as a bleach-drinker among other things...

British Medical Journal statement yesterday on the misreporting of this report published in BMJ Public Health

Screencap of BMJ X-tweet - see below for text and link

BMJ @bmj_company

Statement in response to misreporting of BMJ Public Health @BMJPublicHealth research on excess deaths since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Link: bit.ly/BRfBJGA

Various news outlets have claimed that this research implies a direct causal link between COVID-19 vaccination and mortality. This study does not establish any such link. The researchers looked only at trends in excess mortality over time, not its causes. While the researchers recognise that side effects are reported after vaccination, the research does not support the claim that vaccines are a major contributory factor to excess deaths since the start of the pandemic. Vaccines have, in fact, been instrumental in reducing the severe illness and death associated with COVID-19 infection.

The message of the research is that understanding overall excess mortality since the COVID-19 pandemic is crucial for future health policy, but that identifying specific causes is complex due to varying national data quality and reporting methods.

5:20 PM • Jun 6, 2024

Link to original x-tweet

Useful x-twitter thread by the @_johnbye anti-antivaxer account which addresses some of the problems with the study which facilitated the misreporting.
Archived here as a webpage.

The BMJ has had to issue a statement after everyone from The Telegraph and former Brexit Minister David Davis to anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists claimed that covid vaccines may be responsible for excess deaths, based on a dubious study published in @BMJPublicHealth. (...)
Honestly, it's baffling that @BMJPublicHealth chose to publish this, given the flimsy analysis and lengthy editorialising that largely ignores covid as a cause.
But unsurprising that it was then presented as "evidence" that covid vaccines were responsible for millions of deaths.

do you have a link ?
thanks...
here.
It was sort of "in passing".
I considered them a friend before that. They just kept digging deeper.
I suspect now that's a key reason they stopped posting on the boards but it's taken years for them to show their cards.
See also my ex- from 20 years ago who last year revealed themselves as a bleach-drinker among other things...
so 80s

well:

There’s a conspiracy for that, too. Though I think it’s rather less nefarious that the loonspuds who give it the vaccination bolloxxx
Completely self contradictory. The Internet is mostly bots to manipulate people. How if ti is mostly bots talking to each other?

Anyway I'm not a bot, I know what a lamppost looks like.

Last edited:
Completely self contributory. The Internet is mostly bots to manipulate people. How if ti is mostly bots talking to each other?

Anyway I'm not a bot, I know what a lamppost looks like.
had a bit of a mental meltdown 20 or so years ago when I realised that all of the other 1200+ people in the chatroom I was in were all bots
I got over it after a couple of days

Andrew Bridgen's wife gives an interview to the Times who feature it in a profile of him.

My MP husband Andrew Bridgen was captured by antivax ‘cult’ - Times (archived)

Nevena claims the “scales [finally] fell” from her eyes last autumn when he attended the conference, arranged by Robert F Kennedy Jr’s antivax group Children’s Health Defense, in Sweden. During his absence the couple’s son became unwell and his health quickly deteriorated. She claims that despite repeated attempts to ask Bridgen to return home, he did not — even as his son lay gravely ill in hospital. (...)
When Bridgen returned home after more than a week’s absence, Nevena confronted him about his behaviour. His response shocked her. She claims he told her that the whole of “humanity was at stake” and if he succeeded he would be saving the world — something he hoped his son would one day be proud of. Nevena said: “I felt like I was in that Matrix film and that he was telling me he was the chosen one. Except this is not a blockbuster movie, this is my life.”
Not long afterwards, she claims Bridgen convinced her to give up the tenancy on their Westminster taxpayer-funded flat to look for a new home. The couple signed the lease on a new flat not long before Nevena flew back to Belgrade for her aunt’s funeral. She claims that on the day of the funeral, Bridgen texted Nevena to say he had cancelled the lease on the new flat — effectively leaving her and her son homeless. He also blocked her number, leaving her no way to contact him. (...)
Nevena believes Bridgen wanted to force her and her son, who is British and in full-time education here, to return to Belgrade. “He knows I can’t rent because I don’t have the money to put down a deposit.” (...)
In contrast, Bridgen still lives with all the trappings of an MP’s lifestyle. In mid-December, he won his case against his brother and claims he will soon be the 100 per cent shareholder of the multimillion-pound business.

I mean, there's photos doing the rounds of the MEN after the bombing with bloodstains on the floor, I don't think they were faked.

If nobody died, what happened to all those people who didn't come back from the gig? Or the bomber?

I mean, there's photos doing the rounds of the MEN after the bombing with bloodstains on the floor, I don't think they were faked.

If nobody died, what happened to all those people who didn't come back from the gig? Or the bomber?

The thought processes that lead to those counts opinions are not even worth engaging with.

Stick him under an MRI and see what's going on in his prefrontal cortex/amygdala - there is increasing opinion that anomalies there are responsible for a whole lot of this kind of inhuman thought/behaviour.

18th July

The lawyer added that Campbell was a man of “exemplary character,” and a leading member of the local medical and nursing profession.

Not exactly cutting-edge journalism ....

"Campbell's YouTube channel currently has 3.11m subscribers. A former nurse tutor, who has a PhD, he has published scores of educational and informational videos about a variety of health issues, including the Covid-19 virus."

I don’t know if there is a thread for the anti net zero brigade but I saw these stickers on some road signs earlier. No pictures as driving though.

“Net Zero Scam”
“Net Zero Lies”
“Net Zero Madness”

That’s fairly conventional climate change / net zero scepticism, they don’t believe in it, they think it’s made up by whoever. Fine. Well not fine but certainly nothing new.

The next sticker was something else.

“We love CO2 ❤️

I don’t know if there is a thread for the anti net zero brigade but I saw these stickers on some road signs earlier. No pictures as driving though.

“Net Zero Scam”
“Net Zero Lies”
“Net Zero Madness”

That’s fairly conventional climate change / net zero scepticism, they don’t believe in it, they think it’s made up by whoever. Fine. Well not fine but certainly nothing new.

The next sticker was something else.

“We love CO2 ❤️
There's certainly one of the batshit things that goes round that says higher CO2 is good actually, makes plants grow or something.

eta: does kind of contradict the idea that there is no anthropogenic increase in CO2 but consistency is not generally a big deal to people promoting such theories

His PhD is ironically in communication which had the benefit of allowing him to call himself "Doctor"..
I wonder if the OU (?) might one day comment on what he's done with it.

I think he saw more views and hence income, if he posted videos critiquing the vaccine and the medical consensus. He decided to go with making money and the grift. A victim of the algorithm maybe.

And the shitty comments he got on his youtube channel further guided him as to what that particular audience wanted.

Im glad I havent felt the need to watch him since whoever it was round here stopped occasionally posting his shit videos. The last one I did see was probably him deliberately misinterpreting death data, which he was called out for by people on youtube etc that actually knew what they were talking about and didnt have that agenda.

Back
Top Bottom