Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAB skirt...:) I'm thinking purple or on the pinky/orange spectrum.

Glad you like it :). It's quite 50s I think? I was thinking a contrasting colour like purple but I've tried putting it with a purple top and it doesn't quite seem to work, maybe it was the wrong shade of purple. I've got a reddy/orange cardi which works quite well.

Or else it's a complementary colour like beige or olive green like Captain H suggests.

I bought some new shoes today for dancing, and got staff discount coz I know the asst manageress :cool:

4743346838_680e198dfe.jpg

4743345490_35ca548e76_m.jpg

Top tip, never buy a one colour dark hall carpet. It had just been vacuumed 1/2 an hour previouslyand I still spot some bits!

They are FIT!! :cool::D v nice

Seconded :cool:

I just won this on NZ's version of trademe...

131027784.jpg

Made by a local designer working out of her garage :), it's a wrap skirt with the lovely big tui-bird on one side, and this on the other...

134965113.jpg

...So I can wear it on two consecutive Friday frocks and get away with it! I love the quirkiness of the bird (and the colours in it means I can have fun with accessorising and a top) and I think the green on the other side is lush. cost me $50 including P&P, so's about 20-odd in old money.

I'm discovering some quite nice, quirky local designers. A lot of kiwis work with pretty patriotic/local designs that'd seem a bit suss if you saw the equivalent back in blighty but that I think work quite well over here...

716-213-X45s.jpg

I just got these. I had ordered them in blue as well but I think I am going to send those back as the blue is a really strange shade. Which is really annoying as blue is my favourite colour and I have wanted a blue pair of shoes for agggeesss.

TY everyone, I'll post up pics when I get it :D

Me76, can we have some pics of the blue ones?

I will take some pictures before I take them back today and then try and post them up tonight. Hopefully the colour will come out as weird as it is. They are on the Next online but the blue is completely different in those pictures.

I love some of desigual stuff but they are very much not made for me. The necklines come down to my waist it seems like and are generally too long in the body altogether. But you're not so tall... :confused:
Their cut is weird... I have variously fitted into small, extra small and medium depending on the item there :confused:

As I mentioned in my post, I think, I tried on two dresses but there were issues with the fit of both ultimately.

Luck of the draw, I guess!

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Here you go - pics of the blue shoes.

As much as I love blue I tend to go for blue blue or teal. These are a kind of deep turquoise, which is nice, but just wouldn't match anything else.

I went for the fact that if I kept wrinkling my nose then they weren't the shoes for me. especially at £40. If they were £20 I probably would have got them anyway.

The nude ones are lovely though and I feel so lady like in them. I very rarely wear heels, even those these are only baby ones.

edit - how do you re-size pics by the way? those are big!

Free from a magazine or found in the park?

I must have left them at his house. :oops::D

I finally got a stachel from Urban Outfitters, will find a pic :cool:

5771413513444_Moss_m1.jpg

5771413513444_Moss_m2.jpg

it's not green though, it's a light tan/natural colour, may need some leather cream to soften it I suppose??

Just been paid and I've been down the road and have purchased:

Long flowing black summer dress (strappy)
Smartish sleeveless short dress for work in marl grey but lightweight material
Flowing black skirt to show off my belly:oops:
Black flip flops to aid the ones i currently live in.
Black choker
couple thin leather strip bracelets I'll wear round my ankles as anklets

And a full work outfit - lightweight, almost seethrough cream flowery shirt, some lightweight cream pants and some red ballet pumps.

PLEASED! I was in DIRE need for some new summer clothes and most of the purchases were in the sales! woot!!!!!!!!

I seem to be on a bit of a spending spree at the moment. I bought a skirt in a charity shop for £6 - green silk and knee length in a slightly floaty shape with a bit of a pattern. I've found there's a charity shop near where I work where they sell the good stuff that's donated. I also bought a john smedly merino jumper there for £8 the other week.

This week I also bought a pair of cropped dark jeans in tk maxx. I didn't get to try them on before I bought them as the shop was about to close but they fit perfectly so I'm very happy with them.

This dress.......... bloody Frday frocks making me buy stuff!

Attachments

• BwokeQEWkKGrHqVhsEv10GMNBMJ64bzLQ_3.JPG
    BwokeQEWkKGrHqVhsEv10GMNBMJ64bzLQ_3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom