Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily hat and mitten news

I recently bought a cheap pair of gloves that work with touchscreens, which is handy given how you need your phone for so much out and about in this freezing weather.
I have them and we’re thinking they would be good at work. When not at work fuck my phone and keep my mittens on.

I have written about the heated waistcoats I bought during lockdown times. They are all still in working order, no fires etc. it’s great to have mine on with a jumper and sheepskin coat and the rest.
Best twenty five quid you will spend. Charge your batteries at work. Or in the pub etc

I got some Nevica Meribel mittens recently, they are the nuts. My perma-cold hands get proper toasty in record time in them, whilst walking, and they're waterproof too. Quality.

Also, Craghopper Aquadry parka with a massive fake-furry hood and furry torso bit,and a CH fleece-lined bobble hat (absolute bargains from Vinted).

Thermal vest and socks got donned a few weeks ago. Fella got me furry Heat Holder socks for home and 'working' HH socks for outside.

I had a cracking pair of thick red woollen mittens at school, until we dissected sheep lungs in biology one day and even though I scrubbed my hands afterwards, the stench imbued my mittens and I had to stop wearing them cos they made me retch.
* Glances guiltily towards the waterproof thermal work gloves that I'm still wearing whenever the weather's shit despite the lining getting soaked with rotting seaweed juice the other week * :oops:

* Glances guiltily towards the waterproof thermal work gloves that I'm still wearing whenever the weather's shit despite the lining getting soaked with rotting seaweed juice the other week * :oops:
Rotting seaweed juice would be bearable. This smelled like sweetish iron. Fucking rank.

I got some Nevica Meribel mittens recently, they are the nuts. My perma-cold hands get proper toasty in record time in them, whilst walking, and they're waterproof too. Quality.

Also, Craghopper Aquadry parka with a massive fake-furry hood and furry torso bit,and a CH fleece-lined bobble hat (absolute bargains from Vinted).

Thermal vest and socks got donned a few weeks ago. Fella got me furry Heat Holder socks for home and 'working' HH socks for outside.

Welcome to the thread.

I'll be donning my outfit from the OP in about an hour before heading out into the cold and dark.

I have a number of different hats which I use according to where I'm going and what I'm doing. At the moment I'm using my sailing coat a lot because it's warm and water proof. I wear either my skippers cap or my RNLI200 hat. Sometimes I'll wear my NO8DO hat from Sevilla for a change.

I have black leather gloves to wear with my more formal black wool coat. My hat will be a deckhand's hat in either black or maroon. If I'm wearing either of these hats I'll wear different, less smart, gloves because the leather ones would look wrong.

I don't weat scarves because I wear roll necks most of the time. I sometimes wear a crew neck but I don't have the right scarf for this.

I have written about the heated waistcoats I bought during lockdown times. They are all still in working order, no fires etc. it’s great to have mine on with a jumper and sheepskin coat and the rest.
Best twenty five quid you will spend. Charge your batteries at work. Or in the pub etc
Where did you get them from?

I’ve never been able to keep hold of gloves, hats and scarves, so i don’t splash out on them.
And I’ve never really had a proper coat as the only ones I’ve ever wanted to wear cos hundreds.
I have two very thick cotton hoodies that keep me warm enough but have lots of layers underneath as I cycle a lot.

I’m really thinking of this for my youngest. They are a grown adult but mislay gloves with a frequency that is hard to support.

I’ve never been able to keep hold of gloves, hats and scarves, so i don’t splash out on them.
And I’ve never really had a proper coat as the only ones I’ve ever wanted to wear cos hundreds.
I have two very thick cotton hoodies that keep me warm enough but have lots of layers underneath as I cycle a lot.

:hmm:

I’m not winter outdoorsy so don’t need anything technical but have loads of coats because I like them.

This year I’m mostly wearing these two coats with cream cable knit gloves and matching bobble hat. I also have the gloves in navy but not the hat.
I have some black cashmere hand warmers that are good for a night out when I might be smoking and need fingers available.
IMG_3039.jpegIMG_3040.jpeg

I’ve got a thicker navy duffle coat that I love but it’s heavy.
I’ve got waterproof coats and warm coats but not actually anything warm and waterproof. I did look at a padded/quilted coat but it looked fucking terrible.

My Craghopper parka is about £250 new, but got it off Vinted for £25!

Why such a big discount? Wanna get a nice thick peacoat but they’re normally ££££
It's normal people selling their stuff, like a big chazzer but made of individuals. I've got some serious outdoor clothing from there for buttons compared to their retail price. Got the fella a gorgeous wool/aquadry Craghopper winter coat, an absolute beaut, brand new too, only £50.

It's normal people selling their stuff, like a big chazzer but made of individuals. I've got some serious outdoor clothing from there for buttons compared to their retail price. Got the fella a gorgeous wool/aquadry Craghopper winter coat, an absolute beaut, brand new too, only £50.
Oh, is it second hand? Not keen on 2nd hand gear normally, especially online

Bought a couple of new sets of thermals recently, short sleeved tops and knee length shorts.

Wearing them around the house and in bed ATM, but given the weather I'll be sticking with the long sleeves and long legs combo for actually going out.

My warmest gear..is merino leggings and top..and then my usual clothing over those. I have a north face puffa and can wear a raincoat over that if its wet.
I've a pair of sheepskin gloves that are 25 yrs old. They're amazingly warm.
Warmest hat is a double knit double layer beanie I got in Helsinki its extremely warm when its freezing. But if its over 0 c its too hot.

I find that if my feet are not warm I can forget it.
So thick merino socks. And my big winter lined doc martens (one of 2 pairs of DMs I kept) or a pair of leather ugg boots that are waterproof and are 10 years old. Still going strong.

My feet were cold today, despite woolen socks and comfy felt slippers with wool lining. Had to put a couple of those heat pads in them that are normally for painful shoulders and backs.
Is this a 'getting old' thing? I never used to get cold feet

Back
Top Bottom