Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was taking photos of myself for the Friday Frocks thread, I thought I'd get a second opinion on this dress, which is from Monsoon and which I thought might be a useful hot weather dress, but do I really like this fabric?

Since I was taking photos of myself for the Friday Frocks thread, I thought I'd get a second opinion on this dress, which is from Monsoon and which I thought might be a useful hot weather dress, but do I really like this fabric?

I'm not wild about the fabric but the shape is good.

Ruby in legs shocker!

I'm not wild about the fabric but the shape is good.

Ruby in legs shocker!
Well, I've kind of discovered that the legs thing (and arms for that matter) is not too bad with the right dress. Which was why I bought this one, because it's similar in shape to another Monsoon one which I've been wearing non-stop in the hot weather.

This necklace:

not really sure what I'm gonna wear it with but I loved it, it's really quite OTT!

Attachments

• BmFbptw2kKGrHqYH-CgEtrM6s27kBLeV-tH6g_12.JPG
    BmFbptw2kKGrHqYH-CgEtrM6s27kBLeV-tH6g_12.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 135
The red and black corset :oops:

Even the steel boned ones are only 33 quid - how are they making them so cheap?

i got a steel boned one from them, or at least it looks the same, the red n black flowery one. tis fab :cool:

Also, how do you go about sizing a corset? :hmm:

mostly waist size, you want to look at something sized between 2-4" less than your natural waist measurement (depending on structure, whether steel bones etc, if ebay they will say in description). but keep an eye on the overall shape too. e.g. if you're small busted you want to make sure it's not going to gape at all, or if you have high hip-waist ratio look for a corset cut for a "vintage" figure (10" difference between hip and waist, "modern" figures have less difference).

there are different lengths too, you just really need to compare and constrast pictures/measurements, but anything you buy as a buy it now is returnable anyway :cool:

oh and let me know if you ever manage to put it on yourself using a doorknob, can't see it can be done meself :)

i got a steel boned one from them, or at least it looks the same, the red n black flowery one. tis fab :cool:

mostly waist size, you want to look at something sized between 2-4" less than your natural waist measurement (depending on structure, whether steel bones etc, if ebay they will say in description). but keep an eye on the overall shape too. e.g. if you're small busted you want to make sure it's not going to gape at all, or if you have high hip-waist ratio look for a corset cut for a "vintage" figure (10" difference between hip and waist, "modern" figures have less difference).

there are different lengths too, you just really need to compare and constrast pictures/measurements, but anything you buy as a buy it now is returnable anyway :cool:

oh and let me know if you ever manage to put it on yourself using a doorknob, can't see it can be done meself :)
Cheers bob, I'll take all that into account and get measuring :)

This tankini - although I bought shorts style bottoms iykwim - and it's really fabulously flattering on my chubby frame :cool:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/swimwear/17/2

And these:
image1xl.jpg

I feel like I'm following you with my posts :D but I'm just checking my subscribed threads.

Think it was from modcloth.com, but I warn you, beware their dresses! I've fallen in love with a few! I might order one next week when I get paid, so if you want to save on postage let me know and I'll bung the necklace on the order :)

sorry bee, just saw this (i should subscribe but rely instead on my fantastic memory for where i posted when :facepalm:) it's really expensive! so much as i would love one i can't. cos i just spent all my money on ebay. oops :D but hopefully i will have a new frock for next friday.

this dress from River Island, which was a great relief as it was the last shop I went into after a whole afternoon of trying things on to find they looked shit on me :mad:

Anyway I need shoes to go with it now, there was nothing remotely appropriate in Office or Clarks which I went into on the way past... anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC00960.jpg
    DSC00960.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00955.jpg
    DSC00955.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
this dress from River Island, which was a great relief as it was the last shop I went into after a whole afternoon of trying things on to find they looked shit on me :mad:

Anyway I need shoes to go with it now, there was nothing remotely appropriate in Office or Clarks which I went into on the way past... anyone got any ideas?

That dress looks lovely on you.
I can't help with shoe advice I'm afraid. I'm now on my seventh month of not buying any new clothes and I've not looked at shoes all year :(

That is a gorgeous dress weeps. Office and Clarks are my safe bets. Might be worth a peek in faith, schuh and aldo if you've got them up that way?

lovely dress weeps. :cool:

i got some very slim leg black trousers - the trousers i've been looking for for years, truth be told.

i also got a pink check shirt - i haven't been out in ages, but then when i did on saturday (thankfully without said pink shirt) virtually everyone in town was wearing check. so i doubt i'll wear it for a while...

I bought some black jeans from Simply Be which are approximately 18" too long :eek: Don't know whether to send them back or try to alter them :D

I had a shite day last week, so ordered some clothes. Some tops to go with skirts that I'm yet to make :oops: and this flowery dress (I hope I like it and it fits) :)

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom