Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace 21/22 Season: Vieira in the Area

Bit quiet on this thread innit?

I loved the victory over Everton and have got my ticket for Wembley. Couldn't make the Arsenal game due to a prior commitment. I am so excited about the way we're playing at the moment. :)
Good luck - my nephews are Palace fans..

I could name more players out of that team than I can the current Spurs one :oops: Salako, McGoldrick, Wright, Bright, Geoff Thomas, Andy Gray(?), wasn't Curbishley in there?

"Imagine the shittest derby in football. Double it. Now imagine the teams aren't in the same city, postcode or county. Now imagine it's named after a motorway. Imagine that motorway doesn't even connect them. Double it again. Congratulations, you just imagined Palace v Brighton
6:11 PM · Sep 27, 2021"

Swindon v Oxford - the "A420 derby"
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1442537376996155395|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=&tweet_id=1442537376996155395
The A420 actually links the two places.

That area of the country doesn't have many teams, similar to Surrey and Sussex i guess. Guess that's what makes a shit derby.

Pat is an imaginative and brave manager setting us up like that (3 backs + wingbacks essentially) for the first time as far as I can recall in the biggest game of the season!
Showed a lot of faith in our players and I thought it worked really well for 45 mins. Got to have the grit to do it for 90 though.

Shame about the Chelsea fan ban thing in a way as I thought it spoiled the atmosphere a bit only having one set of supporters in the stadium.

Pat is an imaginative and brave manager setting us up like that (3 backs + wingbacks essentially) for the first time as far as I can recall in the biggest game of the season!
Showed a lot of faith in our players and I thought it worked really well for 45 mins. Got to have the grit to do it for 90 though.

Shame about the Chelsea fan ban thing in a way as I thought it spoiled the atmosphere a bit only having one set of supporters in the stadium.

Shame about the Gallagher ban thing as it spoiled the game a bit only having one team in the stadium today :D

I like how he checks to see it's not a large denomination before throwing it. Clever doing that to someone filming you.

They got the result they expected. They do this stuff all the time. It's an occasion for Palace, its business as usual for them.
It wasn't their biggest game that week.

Also the reality is palace fans like to bring attention to themselves. Who else would pay to get a west end road closed for an instagram opportunity and not go to the pub? In fairness it's only happened since the ultras started that sister act number but it's beyond weird.

Also the reality is palace fans like to bring attention to themselves. Who else would pay to get a west end road closed for an instagram opportunity and not go to the pub? In fairness it's only happened since the ultras started that sister act number but it's beyond weird.

Being obsessed with our fans instead of concentrating on your 3rd division team is beyond weird.

I'm sure if I didn't laugh at other fans Charlton would be European champions. :rolleyes:

The thing is, it's always you. No one else does these weird things.

Back
Top Bottom