Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace 21/22 Season: Vieira in the Area

Crystal Palace fans desperately try to construct a narrative where they turn out to be the oldest and most original football club.
If they’re that interested in history perhaps they could reflect on being founder members of the fourth division, and being a club that has never won anything, or being a club that went bust and therefore wriggled out of paying debts to small businesses and workers they owed money to. Something that leads to sanctions these days.
None of the above apply to the derided on here Charlton Athletic, who with the action of real, not plastic, fans endured the trauma of being removed from their home but after a seven year battle by fans, including fighting an election, returned home to a proper stadium.
I suggest Crystal Palace stick to living in the moment while it lasts, and not trying to invoke history in order to make their club look any good. Crystal Palace have about as much depth as a Simon Cowell talent show, and if they ever sorted that dreadful stadium out it would cost them a fortune.
They wouldn’t even get the free services of local Glaziers after they abandoned what was quite a good nickname.

no matter how many banners, fireworks, ballons or bouncing up and down to wacky football songs, they will always be the

1650965603049.png

Crystal Palace fans desperately try to construct a narrative where they turn out to be the oldest and most original football club.
If they’re that interested in history perhaps they could reflect on being founder members of the fourth division, and being a club that has never won anything, or being a club that went bust and therefore wriggled out of paying debts to small businesses and workers they owed money to. Something that leads to sanctions these days.
None of the above apply to the derided on here Charlton Athletic, who with the action of real, not plastic, fans endured the trauma of being removed from their home but after a seven year battle by fans, including fighting an election, returned home to a proper stadium.
I suggest Crystal Palace stick to living in the moment while it lasts, and not trying to invoke history in order to make their club look any good. Crystal Palace have about as much depth as a Simon Cowell talent show, and if they ever sorted that dreadful stadium out it would cost them a fortune.
They wouldn’t even get the free services of local Glaziers after they abandoned what was quite a good nickname.
We had 10 points deducted when we went into administration. :rolleyes:

Of course being evicted from your stadium makes your fans much more real than ours. Our fans prevented Lloyds Bank from selling our stadium, so we didn't have to worry about eviction.

As for not winning anything, neither have Charlton, unless you go back to the days of rationing and Clement Atlee :D. We're in the Premiership, we don't need to invoke history to make us look good, but you do!

You assume I am a Charlton fan.
So the people who lost out financially because of Crystal Palace were compensated were they?
As I said above, it is Crystal Palace with their desire to appear the oldest club that that bring history into it.
The Atlee government brought in the NHS.
Good days those.
In terms of London clubs Crystal Palace as an institution rank very low, admittedly above Chelsea and certainly West Ham since they stole a stadium from the taxpayers, but a visit to Leyton Orient or Dulwich Hamlet and certainly Charlton, is a far more warming and memorable experience than schlepping from Norwood Junction to that Sainsbury’s extension with the plastic fans trying so so desperately to appear authentic.
I assume the Glaziers are your club and you love them, good for you, but Crystal Palace have the authenticity of a McDonalds burger. Cray Wanderers have far more class…and history than a place that thinks it is London but most others assume is Croydon.
The Watford of the south.

You assume I am a Charlton fan.
So the people who lost out financially because of Crystal Palace were compensated were they?
As I said above, it is Crystal Palace with their desire to appear the oldest club that that bring history into it.
The Atlee government brought in the NHS.
Good days those.
In terms of London clubs Crystal Palace as an institution rank very low, admittedly above Chelsea and certainly West Ham since they stole a stadium from the taxpayers, but a visit to Leyton Orient or Dulwich Hamlet and certainly Charlton, is a far more warming and memorable experience than schlepping from Norwood Junction to that Sainsbury’s extension with the plastic fans trying so so desperately to appear authentic.
I assume the Glaziers are your club and you love them, good for you, but Crystal Palace have the authenticity of a McDonalds burger. Cray Wanderers have far more class…and history than a place that thinks it is London but most others assume is Croydon.
The Watford of the south.
👏👏👏👏

with this wonderful level of detailed and obsessive resentmant, he's either wall, charlton or brighton.

the Nigels are mobbing up outside the key shop in Sainsburys and are going to start wading in.

3/2 - Millwall fan
evens - Charlton fan
1/3 - Brighton

it's got to be brighton. the angle of attack is not like how millwall or charlton would attack palace. the wall charlton angle is always currently the Ultras.

We had 10 points deducted when we went into administration. :rolleyes:

Of course being evicted from your stadium makes your fans much more real than ours. Our fans prevented Lloyds Bank from selling our stadium, so we didn't have to worry about eviction.

As for not winning anything, neither have Charlton, unless you go back to the days of rationing and Clement Atlee :D. We're in the Premiership, we don't need to invoke history to make us look good, but you do!
Are you referring to this? 🤣

You put companies out of business during the 2 administrations you had, how could you not when they would have been paid a penny for a pound owed or whatever it was. In fairness to the fans you raised money to pay the debt you owned St. John's ambulance. You can't say you haven't benefited from replacing Jordan with your current owners, the ten point penalty hardly hindered you. Look at the state we're in by avoiding administration and being passed from crank to crook owner to the current crank.

Winning the FA Cup doesn't count because it happened in 1947, exactly 75 years ago today? 😎 When do I have to disregard 1966?

Raverdrew is sorely missed.

Brighton is a far more authentic club than Crystal Palace.
Easy to get to, padded seats and vegetarian pies, and probably the oldest (history again) song a football club has.
And Brighton represent somewhere.
Selhurst Park is located between the middle of nowhere and the back end of beyond. The song is the Dave Clark Five, adopted when the charming title of Glaziers was dropped.
Cut open Crystal Palace and you get the secret of the finest plastic.

Brighton is a far more authentic club than Crystal Palace.
Easy to get to, padded seats and vegetarian pies, and probably the oldest (history again) song a football club has.
And Brighton represent somewhere.
Selhurst Park is located between the middle of nowhere and the back end of beyond. The song is the Dave Clark Five, adopted when the charming title of Glaziers was dropped.
Cut open Crystal Palace and you get the secret of the finest plastic.
Padded seats and vegetarian pies are definite signs of authenticity.

Padded seats and vegetarian pies are definite signs of authenticity.
Are they?
What would go some way to making Crystal Palace a club to respect would be if they relocated (at their own expense…sell the Selhurst Park footprint for housing) to the old national arena athletics place at actual Crystal Palace.
That would mean a big big spend.
I notice Fulham have taken the trouble to do something about Craven Cottage (easily the best Location of any of the London clubs) which will benefit fans. Maybe a spell of relegation is the price Fulham was prepared to pay to benefit their fans.
Are Crystal Palace similarly prepared to pay the price to provide decent accommodation?
What’s funny about the fan/player ‘synergy’ at Crystal Palace is not providing decent spectator facilities but an instruction by some player for the fans to shout ‘boom’ when he kicks the corner flag. Authenticity? Or desperation?

Are they?

I was obviously being sarcastic, but I should have made allowances for the hard of thinking. Apologies.
What would go some way to making Crystal Palace a club to respect would be if they relocated (at their own expense…sell the Selhurst Park footprint for housing) to the old national arena athletics place at actual Crystal Palace.
That would mean a big big spend.
I notice Fulham have taken the trouble to do something about Craven Cottage (easily the best Location of any of the London clubs) which will benefit fans. Maybe a spell of relegation is the price Fulham was prepared to pay to benefit their fans.
Are Crystal Palace similarly prepared to pay the price to provide decent accommodation?
What’s funny about the fan/player ‘synergy’ at Crystal Palace is not providing decent spectator facilities but an instruction by some player for the fans to shout ‘boom’ when he kicks the corner flag. Authenticity? Or desperation?
How to achieve authenticity:
1. Sell your stadium
2. Move to another stadium
3. Get relegated.

Priceless :D

I was obviously being sarcastic, but I should have made allowances for the hard of thinking. Apologies.

1. Sell your stadium
3. Get relegated.

No.
Show consideration to the spectators.

The National Sports Centre, Crystal Palace hosted a number of early cup finals.
I would not want the football club sharing a ground with an athletics stadium as they are totally devoid of atmosphere. Over the years Palace have tried many times to redevelop Selhurst. Is the sports centre any easier to get to than Selhurst Park; doubtful. Also bearing in mind West Ham are virtually being paid to use their new ground.

1. Sell your stadium
3. Get relegated.

1. Change badges
2. Change home colours
3. Change nicknames
4. Play goal music
5. Fabricate a rivalry with a club 50 miles away.
6. Get cheerleaders
7. Fly a bird around the pitch before games
8. Sell land behind your ground to a supermarket as you're fanbase us si small.
9. Don't upgrade the ground for thirty years.

1. Change badges
2. Change home colours
3. Change nicknames
4. Play goal music
6. Get cheerleaders
excellent abuse. welling up here.

1. Change badges
2. Change home colours
3. Change nicknames
4. Play goal music
6. Get cheerleaders

Move long term season ticket holders to create a singing section for the under twelves.

1. Change badges
2. Change home colours
3. Change nicknames
4. Play goal music
6. Get cheerleaders
Of course Charlton have never done any of these things.

1651068715059.png

I used to like seeing Kayla the Eagle flying around the stadium. It's a shame your lot were so against it.

It's funny how Charlton fans hate Selhurst Park so much. They didn't have a problem when we were kind enough to let them use it in the 80s.

Time to put the bitter little Charlton fan back on ignore.

It's a good job I'm enjoying one of the most exciting eras of my clubs existence, in the highest division, with a fantastic young squad, a productive modern academy, and a fanbase that I thoroughly enjoy joining in with ❤️💙 ✨ rather than a being a bitter, sniping, and increasingly desperate troll trying to score 'authenticity' points on a forum.

You honestly come across like a bunch of losers. I feel genuinely a bit sorry for some of you.

Can you list the Academy products who were at the club from the levels below 18 who are currently making a living in the Premiership or Football league?

Back
Top Bottom