Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palace 22/23 Season: Cheick in.

If anyone can bare there is commentary on R5 later.
Anyone remember Neil who ate all the pies Ruddock?
_129030311_star-nc.png
Wasn't he on masterchef the other year?

FFS Patrick's been sacked on St Patrick's Day! :(

Completely the wrong decision IMO. We've had a really tough run of games this year, playing all the top teams, and we've drawn most of them.
After the Arsenal game on Sunday, we have a run of games against teams near the bottom which should give us enough points to avoid relegation.
Tbh if palace go down it's due to this shitty decision

Tbh if palace go down it's due to this shitty decision
The board of every club that finishes below Forest should resign immediately - they've had years to plan yet Forest buy a couple of dozen journeymen during the summer and are somehow still in with a shout of staying up.

just read about the patrick firing, its stuff like this that makes me truly hate football.
palace finished 12th last season and are 12th right now (admittedly its tight at the bottom)
the idea that revolving door managers can save football teams is delusional.
I though Palace were better than this.

As an outsider this looks like a classic #ManagerOut treadmill - all becasue the team doesnt win regularly. Not winning regularly is the majority experience for most teams, it couldnt be more normal, especially after a series of promotions. If you want to be winning all the time go back down a level.

I can remember going to away matches when we were in the old third under Big Mal. The talk was not win, lose or draw but how many we would win by; happy days.
Part of the fun of being a Palace supporter was all the ups and downs which was once described as bouncing between divisions and latterly, yo yoing.
Sadly, with the parachute payments, it is not such a bad thing to get relegated.

Blimey; I don't agree with sacking PV & appointing RH again, but that's so wrong.
A horrendous thought occurred :hmm: to me recently; that we would be taken over by dodgy middle eastern owners!

Amazing. This is almost as good as when we let Sir Carlton go and then took him back, completely unfit, three months later cos we couldn't get another striker.

Great stuff.

just read about the patrick firing, its stuff like this that makes me truly hate football.
palace finished 12th last season and are 12th right now (admittedly its tight at the bottom)
the idea that revolving door managers can save football teams is delusional.
We finished in 14th the last 2 seasons under Hodgson.

Breaks his own record as oldest premiership manager . It's really tight at the bottom 8 or 9 clubs in it , defence will be key to staying up I reckon .
We were not getting thrashed day in day out, at least not until arsenal. Even with the bigger clubs it was usually just the odd goal. That was a step in the right direction and just needed a few Bob to build on it.

We were not getting thrashed day in day out, at least not until arsenal. Even with the bigger clubs it was usually just the odd goal. That was a step in the right direction and just needed a few Bob to build on it.
Agreed, our defence has largely been pretty good. We've conceded 38 in the league which is fewer than all the clubs below us except West ham.

Praise be, what a relief.
What stats...20 shots in first half, more than any other team and we squeaked a 2nd half win, without Zaha.

That was soooo good. Eze was outstanding, played so well in the first half, and the last minute winner 🎉

Interesting that Zaha hardly played a role n those games and we had reserve goalie in.
Worrying that bigger clubs are sniffing around Olise and Eze.

Interesting that Zaha hardly played a role n those games and we had reserve goalie in.
Worrying that bigger clubs are sniffing around Olise and Eze.

If Wilf go's in the summer we can bump their salary's and get them to sign new contracts. Soo good we are now at a point that we can look on beyond Zaha.

His contract is up in the summer, so my guess is he will go. As for salaries, I'm sure they earn quite enough.

Back
Top Bottom