Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus Conspiracy Corner

CH1 I just had a google for the words ‘abuse phone engineers’, have a look, long list of local paper articles all in this country. ‘We’ are not better than that, at all.

CH1 I just had a google for the words ‘abuse phone engineers’, have a look, long list of local paper articles all in this country. ‘We’ are not better than that, at all.
Well yes - in the sense of Romans chapter 3 v23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

I think the issue is - with respect to Coronavirus and 5g - how do an unpleasant but fortunately small minority become agitated and disinhibited enough to perform hate crimes.

Is it the case that a third of the population is glued to Youtube conspiracy videos - and then some of these unleash their sublimated fear and hatred in acts of arson and assaults on staff who may not even be connected to 5g?

Or is it rather than we have a mega Jo Cox situation here where obsessive cells of conspiracy nuts from time to time produce an outlier who blows up in someone's face - or sets light to their transmission mast? All set -as with Jo Cox - against a background of turbulence - then it was Brexit fever, now a real medical epidemic?

I’ve read a couple of synopses of that film & a couple of articles going through what’s wrong with it / why it’s so persuasive / how to debunk it etc.

This piece is definitely the most useful of them all; it’s aimed at people who are bemused at seeing their previously sensible friends share it, and has a well organised list of links to follow up.

I sent one of the links in there to a friend who posted the plandemic video - bad mistake! Now she sent me even more stuff, including this video which in her words surely is prove that doctors all over the world are involved in some conspiracy to kill as many Covid19 patients as possible :facepalm:

not sure if correct thread but hey.

Lifted from an unknown source...

" A lot of people have been asking me what it's like being on the COVID wards in the hospital, so I figured I'd share what a typical day looks like for me:

6am - Wake up. Roll off of my pile of money that Big Pharma gave me. Softly weep as it doesn’t put a dent in my medical school loans

6:30am - Make breakfast, using only foods from the diet that gives me everlasting life by avoiding all fats, sugars, carbs, and proteins. For details buy my book and check out my shop.

7am - Get to work, load up my syringes with coronavirus before rounds.

8am - See my patients for the day. Administer the medications that the government tells me to. Covertly rub essential oils on the ones I want to get better.

9:30am - Call Bill Gates to check how 5G tower construction is going, hoping for more coronavirus soon. He tells me they’re delayed due to repairs on the towers used to spread the Black Plague. Curse the fact that this is the most efficient way to spread infectious diseases.

10am - One patient tells me he knows “the truth” about coronavirus. I give him a Tdap booster. He becomes autistic in front of my eyes. He’ll never conspire against me again.

11am - Tend to the secret hospital garden of St. John’s wort and ginkgo leaves that we save for rich patients and donors.

12:30pm - Pick up my briefcase of money from payroll, my gift from Pfizer for the incomprehensible profits we make off of the free influenza vaccine given every year.

1pm - Conference call with Dr. Fauci and the lab in Wuhan responsible for manufacturing viruses. Tell them my idea about how an apocalypse-style zombie virus would be a cool one to try for the next batch.

2pm - A patient starts asking me about getting rid of toxins. I ask her if she has a liver and kidneys. She tells me she knows “the truth” about Big Anatomy and that the only way to detoxify herself is to eat nothing but lemon wedges and mayonnaise for weeks. I give her a Tdap booster.

2:45pm - Help the FBI, CIA, and CDC silence the masses. Lament the fact that I can only infringe on one or two of their rights. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

4pm - One of my rich patients begins to crash. Laugh as I realize I’ve mismatched her spirit animal and zodiac moon sign. I switch out the Purple Amethyst above her bed for a Tiger’s Eye geode. She stabilizes. I throw some ginkgo leaves on her for good measure

6pm - Go onto YouTube and see coronavirus conspiracy videos everywhere. Curse my all powerful government for how inept they are at keeping people from spreading “the truth”

6:10pm - Go onto Amazon and see that a book about “the truth” is the #1 seller this week. Question the power of my all powerful government. Make a reminder to myself to get more Tdap boosters from the Surgeon General next time we talk.

7pm - Time to go home. Before I leave, sacrifice a goat to Dr. Fauci and say three Hippocratic Oaths.

9pm - Take a contented sigh as I snuggle under the covers made of the tinfoil hats of my enemies, realizing that my 4 years of medical school and 3 years of residency training have been put to good use today. "

More depressing reading

Image: Protestors Rally At Connecticut State Capitol Against COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Order

Image: Anti-stay-at-home protesters in Oregon

NoXion bimble you may be right - but in my opinion this idea of menacing corporates up to no good - and the idea of pure knowledge being propagated by uncorrupted souls in the know is well ingrained in internet social media. - a trope in fact.

I used to take a passing amateur interest in computer operating systems - and always wanted to have a Linux PC., There was always acres of print in hobby magazines extolling Linux - quite often vilifying Microsoft with the catchphrase FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt). Programming and IT generated these ideas back in the 1980s.

How did it work out then, 25 years later?

I would have though that of all the IT companies the one which has managed complete domination in the exploitation stakes is Apple Mac. They buy their hardware cheap from China. The software is always under their total control - to the point where if there is a crash you may have to prove to Apple that you bought the device before they will re-activate it. And they are making an absolute killing and were buying back their shares furiously to avoid corporate taxes.

Microsoft seems intermediate to me - it's software is most generally accepted and cheaper but they always get you by rendering it obsolete and "unsupported" within 5 or so years.

Linux I still really like the look of - but in terms of support seems to require a brain like Einstein.

You've triggered my partisanship (the very same you mention)! Point of Order - Both Apple's OS and Android are Linux (or at the very least, unix). They are the prevalent OSs of today and considered at least as easy to use as Windows.

Started using Linux three or four years ago - Ubuntu on my main computer and Mint (thank you for recommendation whoever it was on Urban recommended it) downstairs. I'd go for Mint if you're thinking of it. You can do a live session by plugging in a usb stick - doesn't affect your computer and you can just play.

It's a joy not being tied to Microsoft. I'm actually enjoying using the Command Line - most stuff you can do using WIndows like operations but complicated stuff you use command line. But there are loads of people who'll help out and mainly what you do is effectively cut and paste what people recommend and it's sorted.

Recently came across this which I'm slowly working my way through (Ubuntu is very similar to Mint so what works on Ubuntu normally works on Mint. I think.

Ubuntu LinuxCommand.org: Tips, News And Rants
document is TLCL-19.01.pdf

Reactions: CH1

Does anyone have enough knowledge to usefully comment on this?
"An anonymous scientist has published..." NOPE
"The new article, titled, “RaTG13 – the undeniable evidence that the Wuhan coronavirus is man-made”, appears on the “Nerd has Power” blog. The blog site doesn’t identify the author..." NOPE

Started using Linux three or four years ago - Ubuntu on my main computer and Mint (thank you for recommendation whoever it was on Urban recommended it) downstairs. I'd go for Mint if you're thinking of it. You can do a live session by plugging in a usb stick - doesn't affect your computer and you can just play.

It's a joy not being tied to Microsoft. I'm actually enjoying using the Command Line - most stuff you can do using WIndows like operations but complicated stuff you use command line. But there are loads of people who'll help out and mainly what you do is effectively cut and paste what people recommend and it's sorted.

Recently came across this which I'm slowly working my way through (Ubuntu is very similar to Mint so what works on Ubuntu normally works on Mint. I think.

Ubuntu LinuxCommand.org: Tips, News And Rants
document is TLCL-19.01.pdf

If I was running a business or a government department, there's no question that I'd use a Unix-based operating system - but before the hair-splitting pedants can interject, I'm excluding OSX or Chromium, they can both fuck off.

As a home user who likes to play games however, I see no point. I'm not a programmer - so the idea of being able to compile my own code holds no attraction. I don't want to have to faff around in WINE just to get some random program running either, I get enough of that kind of tedious ball-ache when fiddling with emulator settings trying to run ancient games on modern machines. If I switch to Linux I'd have to do that nonsense for modern non-Linux programs on top of that - no thanks.

Command line interfaces are powerful if you know what you're doing, but are otherwise un-intuitive and as user-friendly as a brick to the face. I feel like a right wizard being able to make a DOS prompt do stuff by typing in commands, that always leaves my friends flummoxed by the very idea. But GUIs have been a thing for decades now, and being able to nerd-flex on my friends has limited utility for my purposes.

If you don't mind me asking - what do you primarily use your computers for?

Yes fair play I'm not a gamer. Downstairs (mint) I'm just watching vids/programmes and surfing. Setting up a new wifi dongle was errrm interesting but mainly my own fault for overcomplicating things.

My main puter I use for work so mainly Word (LibreOffice) type applications. I've got dual boot so fairly rarely if complicated Word documents with lots of track changes/comments I use Windows7/Word (not connected to the web) because even different versions of Word don't seem compatible with each other).

And yes command line isn't exactly user friendly. Nice to play around with though.

You've triggered my partisanship (the very same you mention)! Point of Order - Both Apple's OS and Android are Linux (or at the very least, unix). They are the prevalent OSs of today and considered at least as easy to use as Windows.
Yeah well English is German of course - though posh people insist it is somehow French and Latin.
Regarding Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora and so on - I thought the general idea was they are aligned to open source free software etc.
Whereas Apple Mac is surely a jhighly efficient licensing engine.
I can't speak for Android. I was however aware that Chromebooks somehow are Chrome browsers sitting on a Linux OS

Has anyone seem the 'Woodstock was Held During a Pandemic' ones. Purports to show what a similar virus happened and is barely remembered and that we should just ignore and it will go away

Bit depressed and sad to see several friends shared stuff on social media this morning, accounts from doctors claiming it’s a hoax in different ways.
One claiming to be a doctor working in a local hospital, saying there’s nothing to worry about and we just need to get back to normal now.
When I queried this one, she said she was a bit drunk when she posted it and then discovered the supposed doctor doesn’t exist. So she took it down.
Another one in video format so I didn’t watch it, gathered from discussion from more patient friends that the doctor is a chiropractor. This one posted by a friend who is posting various things about mistrusting the government... of course there’s plenty reason to mistrust the government but ffs ... this is not the problem... I’m concerned about her, and her idiot friends who agree and are egging her on.
Hasn’t been much of an issue with people I’m in touch with until this morning.

Another one in video format so I didn’t watch it, gathered from discussion from more patient friends that the doctor is a chiropractor.

Was that Dr Rashid Buttar?

He's all over the internet, he's an osteopathic physician, so is qualified in the manipulation of muscle tissue and bones, not a virologist nor any other expert in infectious diseases.

He's using his title of 'doctor' to suck people into the nonsense he is spreading about Covid-19, because he's also a conspiracy theorist & anti-vaxer, from the David Icke school of loons.

Obviously GM Watch are against GM foods hence Monsanto etc.

Surely to grade the site as 100% quackery is as political a statement as GM Watch's desire to stop genetically modified foods. It's only about 15 years ago that Iceland Frozen Foods went GM free. It was all the rage back then. Not that it did Iceland much good with their actual shoppers in Brixton & Stockwell, though you never know.

does anyone need to?
No pressure. I just wondered if anyone on Urban was any kind of an expert in this area. There’s all kinds of arguments against GM, scientific, social, economic etc, but that’s another matter. But if there was an accidental release of a genetically modified virus from a lab how the fuck would we know? Who would tell us the truth? Who would admit to experimentation in this area? Who would be allowed to publish anything at all on the subject? We wouldn’t expect peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals, because that wouldn’t be allowed. How would we find out?

Reactions: CH1
Back
Top Bottom