Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many times have you been tested for Coronavirus?

How many COVID tests have you taken?

• One

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Lots of times because I have to for work/am massive hypochondriac

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Zero (oops)

Votes: 55 35.0%

• Total voters
Is there any point, other than curiosity, to an individual getting a (private) antibody test done?

If you've previously had asymptomatic covid, is there a possibility that you'd currently show a positive result in a lateral flow test?

9, I think; one of which was lateral flow. All negative. Work facilitates testing and encourages it for all, regardless of symptoms. (I work with vulnerable adults.)

Just about did test at home ourselves - not sure we haven't managed to bugger up the swab in some way, but managed not vom on husband when he did the throat one. Still no symptoms and feeling fine so pretty sure Thursday was just feeling awful after bad night's sleep.

I've tested myself at least a dozen times now, I've taken swabs for other people too. No positives so far, but I can't exactly take credit for that. It's all down to the government's Ring of Steel probably :thumbs:

Third test is negative, as expected - pretty impressed by speed, given I only posted yesterday

Is there any point, other than curiosity, to an individual getting a (private) antibody test done?

If you've previously had asymptomatic covid, is there a possibility that you'd currently show a positive result in a lateral flow test?
The thought is that that the Lateral flow test is good at picking up active disease, but not so much if it is very early or historic infection. The PCR test is quite sensitive and can pick up evidence if Covid, even if you are no longer infectious.

3 times for the ONS study (should be 10+ but they hardly ever contact me) and once for a vaccine trial.

The thought is that that the Lateral flow test is good at picking up active disease, but not so much if it is very early or historic infection. The PCR test is quite sensitive and can pick up evidence if Covid, even if you are no longer infectious.

Are you mixing up all your tests FiFi ? PCR is a swab for active infection, as is lateral flow, and which isn't 'very good' (depending on your exact definition of good), and neither are designed to pick up previous infections, which the antibody test is, which is what they were talking about.

Interesting study.

A new study from Mount Sinai researchers published in the peer-reviewed “Journal of Medical Internet Research” found that wearable hardware, and specifically the Apple Watch, can effectively predict a positive COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before current PCR-based nasal swab tests.

Once; I went on holiday to a country that required it last Summer.

I have no intention of getting a test at any other time unless I'm admitted to hospital; I don't see the point in it to be honest.

If I'm ill, then I'll stay home anyway cause I'll feel like crap.

I've not had a test to determine whether I have Covid at any time. I took part in a research study run by Imperial College where I submitted the results of antibody tests (finger prick blood tests) - the result was negative so I likely hadn't had it recently.

Not much longer now before my 'only tested once' record improves ... :)

Lateral-flow testing is about to be introduced in all areas of our workplace -- next week or the one after?, subject to NHS Wales agreeing the formalities.

This should mean myself and colleagues will be tested at least once week, quite likely twice :cool:

(There's even talk of whether or not PCA testing might supersede the lateral flow testing later, but that's much more uncertain for now).

Another PCR test yesterday because I’m coughing so much, mild shortness of breath amongst other symptoms not in the big three.
Test was negative so econsult done with GP begging for them to actually do something about me feeling shit for 11 months.

I'm always asymptomatic. Should I get a test every 6 hours then?

I'll stick to just avoiding vulnerable individuals, far more effective anyway.

No, you're not always asymptomatic. Do you mean you have no symptoms? Being asymptomatic means you're infected with showing no symptoms. Yet another post that demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this subject.

Zero, not much testing going on here in Japan. Maybe more in Tokyo, I don`t know. A friend in Osaka was really ill with fever, and was told to stay home and to contact them if his fever goes over 37.5, iirc. I`ve been to the hospital over 20 times since surgery last June, mostly due to copd, but never any talk of covid testing. I`d be interested to hear if there is testing available in Tokyo, or if you can only get a test when there is a strong possibility that you have you have covid.

Just taken a fourth, second in just over two week :oops:

I woke up at 1.30am totally soaked in sweat, which does sometimes happen, but I then also felt a shade too hot all night and could not get back to sleep for anything - could still just be hormonal sweatiness, but we're supposed to have a decorator come in tomorrow, so i have put him off for a day as I don't want to risk it. My temp's been a bit high, not quite fever level, but just now was 36.9 (although I didn't feel that hot), so pretty high and I may not be being totally stupid getting a test. Ugh, this would be the worst timing plus really mystifying as I have really not been anywhere indoors in the last fortnight!

There was at least this time round a really nearby test centre but as I feared it was DIY test and given my really bad gag reflex it took me 20 minutes and 3 swabs to do it, and honestly I'm not sure it I was swabbing my tonsils, the back of my tongue or the back of my throat :confused: The only way I could just about manage was to tilt the driver's seat right back so I couldn't see a thing, but that thing wasn't getting into my mouth any other way.

The text message results you get are a bit messy. One text only for lateral flow results, but sometimes one, sometimes two for PCR.

If two for PCR, then one contains the result, and the other contains a code you can enter into the app. Sometimes the code message is first, and sometimes the result is first.

One text per test, containing both result and code, please!

Doing two a week now. Have to log the results with both NHS and work.
One way in which my workplace is good (must try to see the positives see the positives see the positives...) is that I can have one PCR and two lateral flow tests per week.

So, I'm doing Monday and Friday lateral flow, and a Wednesday PCR. Take-up is very patchy amongst staff, though.

How weird our lives have become!

Update : Now I've had four tests altogether -- the first one (PCR) last year, in October, because of my potential/possible exposure to other Covid-postiives at work.

But my result was negative, so I only ended up having had only three additional days off work, and I straight away went back! :hmm:

All my other three tests (lateral flow) were this March, from the newly introduced workplace scheme.

Negative all three times :)

I have lined up another test to follow next Wednesday (24th) -- and probably another again, the week starting Monday 29th March.

I was vaccinated last Thursday (11th) as well, but I'm going to continue getting tested .....

Zero, not had any symptoms. I could go and get tested once a week as it's offered if you have to go to work but I have a major phobia of having anything at the back of my nose (don't really like cocaine because of that) so I haven't gone.

Back
Top Bottom