Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many times have you been into your office/workplace since March 2020?

It's weird how this is working out in many ways. I'm in a team of 2 and my manager is only in once a week and pretty relaxed. I'm doing a day's volunteering on Thursday so was thinking I'd come to office Tues and Weds, but I have commitments (not 'fun' ones) Tues and weds evening so I'm thinking, sod it, I'll just go in tomorrow unless anyone gives me a reason to come in on weds - I have one call in my diary all weds so doesn't seem really pressing to come in. And I can just do that, cos I don't fancy two days in a row of going into the office and having something on in the evening.

A rare wfh day today - as I needed my gutters sorting and the roofer needed help with his ladder - as we have no back entrance it had to go through the flat downstairs (who was in, and we all did ladder work) .

Covid doing the rounds again at ours so lots of people wfh to avoid it atm. Just had a team meeting and 4 out of 5 of us were wfh.

Late to the thread but in answer to the question: not once. And in fact the company got rid of its lease in September 2020, so there’s not even been an office to go to for over 2 years 😂
I work for a Local Authority so there is zero likelihood of us working from home all week 😅 Management are trying to get people back , and more are coming in but in my department I reckon the majority do as much wfh days as they can . I prefer going in.

Several of my team are spending a few days per week in the office, and they're all enthusing about it. At the end of sprint review meetings the PM wheels out productivity charts and there's a clear relationship between the increase in office time and a decrease in productivity.

However, some of them really do need to spend time face-to-face because they are trainees facing a steep learning curve.

As for me, I went into the office once over a year ago which was enough, but the office is 4 hours away on the train so nobody's bleating about it.

Back
Top Bottom