Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many times have you been tested for Coronavirus?

How many COVID tests have you taken?

• One

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Lots of times because I have to for work/am massive hypochondriac

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Zero (oops)

Votes: 55 35.0%

• Total voters
If you ask me tomorrow it'll be 4.

Once cos possible symptoms (negative)
One antibody test (positive - turns out I've had it asymptomatically at some point)
Two asymptomatic tests in advance of seeing the other member of my bubble who is clinically vulnerable. These take a massive weight off seeing her I have to say.

ETA - actually it'll be 5 by this time next week as I'm getting another antibody test then to see if I have high enough levels to take part in the plasma trial they're doing.

Four. Three times from the Zoe app (there was a fourth time, but I didn't bother as I think I was just hungover :oops:) and once for a random NHS survey. All negative.

Interesting to see - I was wondering how my number compared with most. I come down with things quite easily, and was initiall worried how I would tell given my usual tendency for bugs, but the lockdowns have kept those to a minimum. I had a snotty cold in December, but didn't test (though Zoe suggested I do) as it seemed very much a sinus thing and no COVID symptoms.

Interesting to see - I was wondering how my number compared with most. I come down with things quite easily, and was initiall worried how I would tell given my usual tendency for bugs, but the lockdowns have kept those to a minimum. I had a snotty cold in December, but didn't test (though Zoe suggested I do) as it seemed very much a sinus thing and no COVID symptoms.
What's the point of being on the Zoe app if you won't do any testing for them?

What's the point of being on the Zoe app if you won't do any testing for them?
On that occasion I didn't feel I should as there was such high demand for tests and I was really sure it was just a cold! But I get your point.

On that occasion I didn't feel I should as there was such high demand for tests and I was really sure it was just a cold! But I get your point.

I brought it up on here when I was asked first time by Zoe to test, even when I was certain it was just a cold. I was told by various posters how important it was to still get the test.

The second time it told me to do it, I remembered various posters explaining how their research needs to know about symptoms even if you test negative so I happily accepted the Zoe offer even though I wasn't anywhere near as ill as the first time. And it came back positive. :eek: :facepalm:

None.

I've been, effectively, shielding as all my household are in their very late sixties and have various health issues.
Also, I'm WFH with maybe one site meeting every two / three months but none since early November (when the local area started a cases spike).

The Zoe app kept sending me tests through the summer and then we got picked for an ONS study of 5 weekly tests (quite handy as picked up asymptomatic Covid in our household).

Once because I'm doing a vaccine trial. I'll be having a few more soon I think (as part of the trial).

Currently at 23 I think, will be 24 by end of tomorrow. I’m supposed to go once a week for work but I go every other day out of choice. I’d urge anyone that is going to work/using public transport/coming into contact with others (even if masked) etc to start using the walk in centres for asymptomatic people. Both the ones I use in totally different boroughs are very efficient - you’re in and out in no time.

My one-and-only test (negative :) ) was work-mandated, late summer 2020.

There'd been an outbreak around our floor (despite it being large, with well-spaced-out desks, and lots of people absent) and we were all instructed to get tested ......

(ETA for next-day clariity :oops: )

Last edited:
My household got chosen for the ONS test in October and it finally started in January. 4 tests so far, weekly, then drops to 1 a month for . .. Well who knows. £25 voucher per test and they come to your door to do it. Feeling very lucky. First results letter took 2 weeks to arrive though! It was negative.

None and I have never shown anything remotely like the symptoms, I've been working from home since March 2020 and have had minimal contact with people from outside my household since then. In fact other than 2 visits to the hospital for blood tests and 1 visit to the doctor I've had no close up physical interactions lasting more than a minute or two with anyone except close family.

Zero and Zilch. I've not had any major symptoms this year, I like to think that this means my strategy of becoming a digital hermit is paying off.

I'm feeling fine today, but Zoe suggested I get a test. Given I'm ok today so probably not urgent, I've ordered a postal one so I can add to their data, and not have to schelp anywhere, although for the first time in my experience there was a relatively local site that didn't involve schlepping around the north circular. Expect I'll have to get husband to stick it down me throat (fnar!) - I have an awful gag reflex so can't imagine I'll be able to DIY

I'm fairly sure I did have Covid in the first half of March last year, but there were only hospital tests available at the time

I got tested three times while in centralized quarantine last March, and then one more time seven days later.

There is a lateral flow test centre very near me in Brixton so i have been getting tested once or twice a week since it opened. I live with 4 others and a couple of them are taking the piss mixing with other households (and inviting friends round) so im a little paranoid i may have it asymptomatically. I want to know if i have it so i dont go spreading it around supermarkets etc.

i dont feel i am taking the spot of someone more in need- there seems to be plenty of free spots each time i book, normally a day or two before.

7. Once a week for the past 7 weeks for work. I have disposable swab kits which freaks the cats out when I hit that bit and retch. All negative so far although yesterday's result isn't in yet. Vaccine next week which I feel a little guilty about having when more have greater need than I but I am working with vulnerable people.

7. Once a week for the past 7 weeks for work. I have disposable swab kits which freaks the cats out when I hit that bit and retch. All negative so far although yesterday's result isn't in yet. Vaccine next week which I feel a little guilty about having when more have greater need than I but I am working with vulnerable people.
Well, when you consider does appear to suppress infection, you really are protecting them too.

Back
Top Bottom