Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Contact Tracing: Will You Self Isolate? (and related discussion)

Will you self isolate if told to by the tracing team?

• Yes, I will self isolate

Votes: 89 74.8%
  • No, I won't

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 18 15.1%

• Total voters
Not really, when it comes to insurance in general I'd always expect loopholes that make the insurance commercially viable.

I started isolating as soon as my mate told me they'd tested positive, 48 hours before Track & Trace texted me about it.
That's surprisingly quick, but I guess that's because they were presumably told directly you were a contact. It seems like most people I know reached by T&T after a contact are only got to a couple of days before the self-isolation needs to end, or even afterward in some cases. I suspect those who get it sooner are, like you, people who know the contact who gets in touch themselves anyway.

That's surprisingly quick, but I guess that's because they were presumably told directly you were a contact. It seems like most people I know reached by T&T after a contact are only got to a couple of days before the self-isolation needs to end, or even afterward in some cases. I suspect those who get it sooner are, like you, people who know the contact who gets in touch themselves anyway.

Really? Wow! That's really worrying.

I thought it was really slow, considering all the people I could have infected in those 48 hours, and them having my details all that time.

Ive finally got the NHS app as ive been going out more and to a few places that suggest you sign in, as well as short trips on the bus. Not many people seem to but Im going to from now on as the cases are up a lot here now.

Noticed it uses Bluetooth though which is annoying.. so I've disabled that and just going to activate it when I actually go somewhere with people rather than outside/walking/sitting by the river etc. Cba to get daft notifications saying I was exposed when Ive not been near anyone.

Im also going to start doing the lateral flows every week. Seems sensible.

I've just been served..... :(
Literally 10 minutes ago. Got to isolate for 9 days...bummer......
Although....on the bright side it will hasten the packing up of ma's house!

Join the club. I'm on day 7, Saturday is my freedom day.

Solidarity. And fingers crossed we both remain symptom free.

Like you, I'm trying to use the time productively.

For me that's meant cleaning kitchen cupboards, painting shelves, and putting all the clothes that no longer fit me into a bag for my niece to have when it's safe for her to collect.

But also, a fair bit of lounging, and watching of "Call The Midwife ". I believe that is allowed 😉

Join the club. I'm on day 7, Saturday is my freedom day.

Solidarity. And fingers crossed we both remain symptom free.

Like you, I'm trying to use the time productively.

For me that's meant cleaning kitchen cupboards, painting shelves, and putting all the clothes that no longer fit me into a bag for my niece to have when it's safe for her to collect.

But also, a fair bit of lounging, and watching of "Call The Midwife ". I believe that is allowed 😉
I do the lounging thing quite a lot...that might have something to do with why I've been in London for 7 weeks! 🙄

No in Bristol....just came to pack my late ma's house up...Will be here till late July at least....

Ah OK, sorry I didn't realise (and am extremely nosy). Hope you're able to keep your spirits up while here, doing that. And that you have support if and when you want it.

So I have questions.....
Would t&t only be aware of the places where I checked into with a QR code?
Could it be something like I went to the pub for food on Saturday and one of the staff has tested positive....for example?

So I have questions.....
Could it be something like I went to the pub for food on Saturday and one of the staff has tested positive....for example?

It could be contacted to a venue, or you may have been in close contact with someone elsewhere, it depends what the alerts says, eg.

“You need to self-isolate immediately. You have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus (COVID-19). Tap here for more details.”

-OR-

“You recently visited a venue on the same day as others who have since tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).”

So I have questions.....
Is this the app? If so the self isolation alert is based on proximity and time, not checkins (I had an alert a couple of weeks ago so I wanted to know this too).

the app is not the same as T&T btw, you don't legally have to do what it says and the two don't know about each other

eta: What is the difference between contact tracing and checking into venues? Do I need to do both? · COVID-19 app support

Is this the app? If so the self isolation alert is based on proximity and time, not checkins (I had an alert a couple of weeks ago so I wanted to know this too).

the app is not the same as T&T btw, you don't legally have to do what it says and the two don't know about each other

eta: What is the difference between contact tracing and checking into venues? Do I need to do both? · COVID-19 app support
Yes its the NHS covid app.
Also I have found that my vaccination passport thingy expires on the 30th of July! What then?

Back
Top Bottom