Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Contact Tracing: Will You Self Isolate? (and related discussion)

Will you self isolate if told to by the tracing team?

• Yes, I will self isolate

Votes: 89 74.8%
  • No, I won't

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 18 15.1%

• Total voters
This is what I'm worried about. I chatted to a delivery driver. For 2 minutes. He needed directions (I live in the middle of nowhere).

But 2 minutes isn't 15 minutes is it?
And were you closer than 2 meters? I rarely get within 2 meters of strangers in normal conversation.

It's also an algorithm rather than a strict x + y = z, so might be a combination of factors so i wouldn't fixate on the minutes.

I've just rang the company of the driver I chatted to. He's certain none of their drivers have tested positive for Covid.

Would Amazon or Hermes or DHL trace numbers in this context? All of them have left parcels recently, none of them were in close contact in any way at all. They all put the parcel down and run.

It's also an algorithm rather than a strict x + y = z, so might be a combination of factors so i wouldn't fixate on the minutes.

Just to be clear, I'm asking not because I want to get out of self-isolation or game the system. I'm asking because a) we are both high risk and I'm fucking worried now and b) because I can't add up how she's got a notification despite not being out anywhere for 2 months - and I haven't got a notification at all.

Just follow it, accurately remembering your close contacts for the last 2 months is not going to be at all reliable. If she doesn't leave the house then surely it doens't make any difference whether she follows it anyway?

I'm trying to assess it's accuracy. It matters if I die.

You give the impression I'm just another person trying to game the system. I'm not.

Just to be clear, I'm asking not because I want to get out of self-isolation or game the system. I'm asking because a) we are both high risk and I'm fucking worried now and b) because I can't add up how she's got a notification despite not being out anywhere for 2 months - and I haven't got a notification at all.

For sure, didn't think you were the former, but didn't know the later. Know it's easier said than done but from what you've said I wouldn't worry, highly highly unlikely to be an actual infection risk. You're not going to be able to work out the contact or assess it's accuracy I'd have thought, probably best to try and not get to worried about tracking that down, might be something like a glitch or a very fleeting contact.

I am working with a former T&T temp worker who was on this full time for three months. He said that he got a laptop and headset sent by courier. The training was a six page PDF.

They got an email notification when someone needed to be contacted. Over the three months he had two emails, one with an incorrect number and one never replied to calls/messages.

#worldbeating

I'm really not understanding this. The app website says;

If an app user tests positive for coronavirus, they can choose to share their result anonymously. The NHS will then send alerts to other app users who have spent time near them, or been in ‘close contact', over the last few days. These alerts will never identify an individual.

‘Close contact’ is based on an algorithm, but generally means you've been within 2 metres of someone with coronavirus for 15 minutes or more.

There's no way that can apply to a delivery driver.

And she literally hasn't left the house for 2 months.

Anyone?

A friend of mine had something similar, she concluded it may have been a neighbour? Maybe the app can't distinguish walls, if distance is within 2m? I decided I wouldn't install it on my phone from the start, I figured this sort of thing would happen.

There ya go... 'App thought I'd catch Covid through neighbour's floor' If it's happening in Scotland it could be happening anywhere ;)

So, been self isolating since Tuesday as the ex showed symptoms, the result of her test came back negative.
This means we don't need to self isolate anymore am I correct?

e2a: she's not been in close contact with anyone having tested positive and neither have I.

Things that cost more than this?

1. The International Space Station

Others?

Test and trace has cost £37 Billion and has contacted 9.1 million people.

That's approx £4 million per contact.

But, most of that £37bn has been spent on testing, which has gone well, tracing not so well.

Just looked, almost 95 million tests conducted. :bigeyes:

If (as reported) 80% of the funding has gone on tests. Then 94m tests conducted in total that works out at around £300 per test.

If (as reported) 80% of the funding has gone on tests. Then 94m tests conducted in total that works out at around £300 per test.

But, the budget would include setting-up the super labs, and IIRC correctly the budget covers the coming year too, so probably only around half has been actually spent so far.

Having said that, there's clearly been waste, but I am not sure how you could pinpoint the actual amount wasted.

I assume that the government will provide a detailed breakdown of how the £37bn has been spent.

Similar to the Channel Tunnel which cost £9.3bn at the time.

Apparently that figure also includes the costs of the money that went to councils to set up their own T&T stuff. TBH it's not the total cost (although obviously it seems astronomically high) so much as the detailed breakdown, like the amount that went to individuals as consultants for example. Especially those still being paid.

Boots are cunts

Well, they seem to be the cheapest cunts on the 'high street', some clinic are charging up to £200.

The cheapest seem to be those booked via airline websites or at some airports.

It’s not permitted to use NHS tests for travel, except for freight drivers in certain circumstances. Private tests can cost £120 on the high street or over £200 at some clinics.

These are often much cheaper than tests you’ll find elsewhere. For example Jet2’s website links to tests available for £75. Tui’s recommended supplier charges £70 for a test that costs £105 if you click through from Virgin Atlantic’s website.

When we looked in early March, we found London Gatwick Airport’s drive-through test centre offers the cheapest PCR tests from £60 per passenger. These are taken by a clinician. The most expensive test we found in London, with a standard 48-hour turnaround, was £214 – that’s a difference of £616 for a family of four.

I've booked a family holiday to Mallorca in mid-July, which I'll confess on the correct thread.

I note in the CoVID proof insurance they sold me with it, that you we are not covered if you can't travel because track and trace have told you to self isloate. Surely that should be covered?

I've booked a family holiday to Mallorca in mid-July, which I'll confess on the correct thread.

I note in the CoVID proof insurance they sold me with it, that you we are not covered if you can't travel because track and trace have told you to self isloate. Surely that should be covered?
Why should it necessarily be covered?

Most insurance policies have exclusion clauses, and it's up to those taking out the policy to ensure that it's appropriate for them and covers everything they think might be needed.

(sorry, I'm aware that doesn't sound very sympathetic, but I don't know what else you expect anyone to say)

Why should it necessarily be covered?

Most insurance policies have exclusion clauses, and it's up to those taking out the policy to ensure that it's appropriate for them and covers everything they think might be needed.

(sorry, I'm aware that doesn't sound very sympathetic, but I don't know what else you expect anyone to say)
If it's touted as 'CoVID' cover, you'd think a very possible related happening would be included. I am locking down the family for the next 2 weeks before we go, in any case

Back
Top Bottom