Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cilla Black dies, 72

i caught an old Morecambe and Wise show on tv at the weekend (i know, but i just loved em).

Coincidentally it featured Cilla as a guest singer, with Eric taking the piss out of her (" we could have got Lulu you know" type stuff). She took it all in good spirit (along with her fee no doubt).

Maybe that is the best way to remember Cilla Black, a bit of a family entertainer with an occasionally sweet voice and a sense of humour - totally spoiled by an unworthy electoral association with the chief vermin organiser of the 20th c.

i caught an old Morecambe and Wise show on tv at the weekend (i know, but i just loved em).

Coincidentally it featured Cilla as a guest singer, with Eric taking the piss out of her (" we could have got Lulu you know" type stuff). She took it all in good spirit (along with her fee no doubt).

Maybe that is the best way to remember Cilla Black, a bit of a family entertainer with an occasionally sweet voice and a sense of humour - totally spoiled by an unworthy electoral association with the chief vermin organiser of the 20th c.
maybe the best thing is not to remember her at all.

She's just there Pickers. Like sewage farms, cars, nuclear weapons, hospitals, coal mines, newsreaders, and the millions of other stuff that crowd your head.

musak essentially.

Oh Jesus, is there going to be all that throwing flowers from bridges etc. onto the cortege of 'the queen of our (prime-time) hearts' stuff....

Are people really going to rush to sign a condolence book for a luke warm background celebrity? What happens when Bruce Forsythe dies then? National day of remembrance and minute's silence?

Are people really going to rush to sign a condolence book for a luke warm background celebrity? What happens when Bruce Forsythe dies then? National day of remembrance and minute's silence?
I hope he pulls his signature pose at the pearly gates while telling st peter 'nice to see you, to see you nice'

Repetition: It has already been established that Cilla is not a fit person to cross the Pearly Gates.

Back
Top Bottom