Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cilla Black dies, 72

These cabin crew sites bitchin about celebs are hilarious
Cilla Black - she should be shot - quite possibly one of the most unpleasant individuals I have ever come across.
http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
Some arseholes come as no surprise: Liam Gallagher, Shirley Bassey. But it seems Motley Crew and Pammy Anderson are well regarded and liked.

Morgan's a two faced cunt isn't he
Piers Morgan: Why Cilla Black is on my list of the world's most obnoxious celebrities
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...-Black-list-worlds-obnoxious-celebrities.html

Ricky Tomlinson was active in the National Front before he became famous.
are you sure about that? I've read his autobiography and he does mention joining the nf but he gave me the impression that although he was briefly a member he wasn't what i'd consider an active member - i do of course accept he may have painted this period of his life in a slightly better light than the reality!

are you sure about that? I've read his autobiography and he does mention joining the nf but he gave me the impression that although he was briefly a member he wasn't what i'd consider an active member - i do of course accept he may have painted this period of his life in a slightly better light than the reality!

He organised briefly around "immigrants taking our jobs!" Iirc.

He was a candidate for them, it also wasn't before he was famous he was well known on the Northern club circuit, and he got a lot of stick for it. He also wasn't as young as he likes to make out, he must have been thirty.

Having said that it was a relatively brief phase and he had done plenty to atone and much more since - and I think it has to be looked at in conjunction with his cultural back ground which like Cilla's was that working class Protestant Liverpool that was instinctively Tory as Labour were the Catholic party

He was a candidate for them, it also wasn't before he was famous he was well known on the Northern club circuit, and he got a lot of stick for it. He also wasn't as young as he likes to make out, he must have been thirty.

Having said that it was a relatively brief phase and he had done plenty to atone and much more since - and I think it has to be looked at in conjunction with his cultural back ground which like Cilla's was that working class Protestant Liverpool that was instinctively Tory as Labour were the Catholic party

Cilla was Roman Catholic...

that's interesting - it must have been 7 or 8 years ago i read it so my memory is pretty sketchy but he covered the whole topic in about a single page, made out like he was a naive kid and that he soon realised they were all a bunch of weirdos and left the party - i certainly don't remember him saying he was a candidate for them. checking the dates and you're right he was about 30 and no he definitely wasn't being candid in the book. i imagine he's pretty embarrassed about the whole thing now and people can change their opinions - if they couldn't what's the point in all this?

I think it has to be looked at in conjunction with his cultural back ground which like Cilla's was that working class Protestant Liverpool that was instinctively Tory as Labour were the Catholic party
In addition to what Citizen66 points out, the fact that working class Catholics voted Labour says less than nothing about their views on race. Many working class Labour voting Catholics held socially conservative and racist views well to the right of centre. And many did not. The correlation is nonsense.

Try as might, I just can't find any internet imagery of Cilla endorsing the vermin on stage at their April 1992 GE rally. Anyone got anything? I was just hoping to post something to Paul Mason...who appears to have gone all gooey-eyed and northern over on twatter.

In addition to what Citizen66 points out, the fact that working class Catholics voted Labour says less than nothing about their views on race. Many working class Labour voting Catholics held socially conservative and racist views well to the right of centre. And many did not. The correlation is nonsense.
Shut it, I was talking about Ricky's own explanation I said nothing about the views of working class Catholics i come
From a working class catholic labour background myself, and know that being a Labour voter doesn't stop you being racist

Shut it, I was talking about Ricky's own explanation I said nothing about the views of working class Catholics i come
From a working class catholic labour background myself, and know that being a Labour voter doesn't stop you being racist
Oh I see - you were just patronising protestants. Pathetic.

Oh I see - you were just patronising protestants. Pathetic.

It's hardly patronising to Protestants to point out that the "Orange" influence on some Protestants in some cities in Britain was a strongly right wing one. It's hardly something intrinsic to Protestantism, given that the vast majority of British Protestants, back when relatively substantial numbers of British people were religious, weren't in the slightest bit influenced by Orangeism.

Back
Top Bottom