Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cilla Black dies, 72

Just watched the funeral on Sky News, wow, it was so moving. Especially when they played her amazing tune, 'Anyone who had a heart.' Hope they re-release it.

These claims of Cilla having sold out her class are just odd. As if there's any evidence that she regarded her own class sympathetically in the first place.

How many filthy rich celebrities from working class backgrounds stay somehow 'loyal' to the class? What does it mean in practice, even? Most people who come into money move away from their origins and become increasingly distanced from the people who remain. Most of them, naturally, takes steps to protect their newfound wealth and support those who will do it for them economically and politically (although you can make a show of supporting Labour if you want, but the same still applies.) Some may become the kind of twat on a personal level that many claim CB was, others less so or not at all. All this is entirely natural. If you're a capitalist you seek exploit your employees to the maximum and pay as little tax as possible. If you're a wage slave you try, if you're at all astute in these matters, to claw something back. In both cases it's just taking care of business.

I don't see what else anybody should expect of wealthy celebrities like CB.

These claims of Cilla having sold out her class are just odd. As if there's any evidence that she regarded her own class sympathetically in the first place.
I don't see what else anybody should expect of wealthy celebrities like CB.

Exactly. As my dad says, What do you expect from a donkey but a kick?

Exactly. As my dad says, What do you expect from a donkey but a kick?
What's more, if you do somehow try to stay 'loyal' to your working class roots, most people consider you a fake who's only doing it out of regard for their self-image. Rock stars who speak out on 'issues, for instance are, rightly or wrongly, some of the most loathed people on the planet.

What's more, if you do somehow try to stay 'loyal' to your working class roots, most people consider you a fake who's only doing it out of regard for their self-image. Rock stars who speak out on 'issues, for instance are, rightly or wrongly, some of the most loathed people on the planet.

Who do you have in mind? Are you a loathed rock star Reg?

Bonio. Sting.

The only one who seems able to do it convincingly is Broooooce.

Well Bonio and Sting are both despised because they're cunts not because they stood up for the working class communities they are from, they self promote on "issues" related to other things but Sting never plays in Newcastle, everyone hates him for slagging the place and Bonio is a boss eyed green midget who sucks satan's cock. Who is the brooooce fella?

Back
Top Bottom