Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cilla Black dies, 72

The tone of the news reports is interesting - "people liked her", "apparent natural causes" etc.

Like they're hedging their bets in lieu of more information.

Famous people invariably tend to cark it on Sundays :confused:. Anyone noticed that? If I were a famous person I would live in fear of the holy day. :eek:

Tbf it's generally the done thing to say kind things about the recently deceased, especially if you knew them. This is then exasperated in sleb land as you also have your own public image to consider/promote.

Or, as is certainly evident today, you find nice things to say about their career and what they achieved, and avoid the realities of their personality.

are you sure about that? I've read his autobiography and he does mention joining the nf but he gave me the impression that although he was briefly a member he wasn't what i'd consider an active member - i do of course accept he may have painted this period of his life in a slightly better light than the reality!

He says he we went on marches and was registered as a candidate, which I would count as fairly active.

It wasn't meant as a criticism but as a retort to the "All famous Scousers turn Tory comment".

This can be in politics, she was a Thatcher-loving scumbag and made no secret of it.

(Another bright point to this might be that they show the docudrama with Sheridan Smith on telly again, Smith's singing voice and delivery are way better than the tory git herself).

mrs redcogs went through university in Liverpool. She joined the swp there i believe, and she also 'mucked in' with the Militant people when required (ie around the election campaign of one Lesley Mahmoud?). She distinctly recalls being at a meeting where Cilla's brother was pointed out to her as being a member of Militant. Apparently he didn't have much time for Cilla.

i don't know what truth there is in this. Maybe it was just idle gossipy stuff. Just thought i'd hurl it in the mix.:)

For my generation Cilla was part of the background culture. Totally 'safe' in every respect. Inoffensive, uninspired, smiley, always there somewhere.
How sad that she bought into one of the most vicious governments of the 20th century. May she not get past the pearly gates for such a sin, and she certainly deserves not to.

I don't think I've ever not given a fuck so much about a celebrity death. Never liked her and as for being a 'great talent' !!!

Cilla-Black-greeted-by-Margaret-Thatcher_zpsitf59o92.jpg

Back
Top Bottom