Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chemical incident on Worthing beach leaves people vomiting

cupid_stunt

Chief seagull hater & farmerbarleymow's nemesis.
Both farmerbarleymow & Sasaferrato have referenced this on other threads, asking WTF have I been doing, let me make it clear - I WASN'T ME!

It's an odd one, something similar happened a couple years ago, just along the coast in East Sussex, I don't think they ever found an answer to what caused that, so I don't expect they will this time, which is worrying.

Two people were taken to hospital on Sunday following a “hazardous material incident” on Worthing seafront that left a number of people complaining of vomiting and sore eyes.

A cordon was set up, a section of the beach was evacuated and people were told to avoid the area and close their doors and windows.

Tim Loughton, the MP for East Worthing and Shoreham, tweeted that an investigation had been launched in response to reports of “bathers affected by some sort of chemical type irritants”. The incident took place around midday.

Chemical incident at Worthing pier leaves people vomiting

Back in 2017...

Over 230 people have sought medical help for breathing difficulties, vomiting and stinging eyes following a suspected gas leak near Beachy Head near Eastbourne on Sunday.

Emergency services evacuated the popular beauty spot after dozens of people basking in the bank holiday weekend sunshine complained of stinging eyes and sore throats after a "mist" appeared on the beach.

Eastbourne District General Hospital said it has treated 233 people, where they are being 'decontaminated' East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust told the BBC.

Police investigate suspected 'chemical incident' at Beachy Head

Both farmerbarleymow & Sasaferrato have referenced this on other threads, asking WTF have I been doing, let me make it clear - IT WASN'T ME!

It's an odd one, something similar happened a couple years ago, just along the coast in East Sussex, I don't think they ever found an answer to what caused that, so I don't expect they will this time, which is worrying.

Back in 2017...

Well, you would say that wouldn't you? :D

Both farmerbarleymow & Sasaferrato have referenced this on other threads, asking WTF have I been doing, let me make it clear - I WASN'T ME!

Back in 2017...

Invoking the Shaggy defence…? Careful, that leads to a greater chance of being caught red-handed… :D:p

I was just checking back on the incident over in East Sussex back in 2017, and I was right, they never did prove what caused it.

A Defra spokeswoman said: "Despite a comprehensive investigation it has not been possible to identify a specific source of the gas cloud.

"Given the meteorological evidence, the most likely source was a passing ship, lost cargo or a wreck in the English Channel."

Defra confirmed a sample was not taken for later analysis because appropriate equipment was not available at the site, and the gas dispersed quickly.

Chemical haze 'caused by ship'

I was just checking back on the incident over in East Sussex back in 2017, and I was right, they never did prove what caused it.

Chemical haze 'caused by ship'

'A ship, a wreck or cargo'... That's basically anything related to human use of water isn't it? Well, I suppose they've not said sewage (or spymaster).

I can see how an old canister of some nasty shit might get preserved, then knocked open or oxidise when washed ashore. I was looking at beachcombing for amber once, and there are a few incidences of people getting the identification wrong. And picking up white phosphorous ammunition residue, which combusts.

Likely fucking story.

Back in 2017...

So, you got pissed Saturday night on Guinness, then dropped your guts on the beach. Basically, you want a poo story as awesome as Spymaster 's dockside diarrhoea ejection, and you were willing to risk peoples' lives to get it. Sick bastard! :mad:

Wouldn't surprise me. They're utter cunts, are seagulls.

They delivered the Mormon pioneers in Utah from starvation, which led hem to erect a statue in his honour.

f1509f4af5c8ad4bb9878e7a1f09b9f9

Miracle of the gulls - Wikipedia

You mean like your stalking g/f makes people want to puke, Dr_Herbz?[/QUOT
Think SY7 is far from Ireland that don't even have postcodes far as I. know
Which is a weird reply as I'm sure the Dr herbs guy lived in Ireland which don't have post codes so far as I know?
But what do I know as anathema?

Back
Top Bottom