Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chancellor's statement live

How do I get my double glazing money? Is it cash or into my account?
Just seen this is just part of the Green Homes Grant which is in September so nothing new. Also as usual the UK is falling far behind other countries on this.
Some commentators have said that the £2bn investment isn’t enough, citing that the French and German governments have pledged £36bn and £13.5bn, respectively, towards their green recoveries. Others have warned that the funds allocated for Green Homes Grants could run out very quickly, as happened with the 2014 Green Deal Home Improvement Fund.

Read more: Could you get up to £5,000 home insulation vouchers? – Which? News - Which?

Has anyone done any research about the psychology of consumerism and how if you suggest someone could have something and they decide what they want, maybe in detail, and then you don't give them the discount/whatever they'll go ahead with the purchase anyway.
Like when Ubereats run a 50% off for the first 10000 to use the code. I'm pretty sure it's just a way to get people to decide what they want for dinner and then buy it at full price.

Well that's my thoughts on the £500.

Has anyone done any research about the psychology of consumerism and how if you suggest someone could have something and they decide what they want, maybe in detail, and then you don't give them the discount/whatever they'll go ahead with the purchase anyway.
Like when Ubereats run a 50% off for the first 10000 to use the code. I'm pretty sure it's just a way to get people to decide what they want got dinner and then buy it at full price.

Well that's my thoughts on the £500.

I think in the case of the £500 it was just some people not in government suggesting it might be a good idea. Personally I thought Johnson should go on live TV and beg for forgiveness whilst practicing self-flagellation but that didn't make it into the budget either. Not the final draft anyway.

Back
Top Bottom