Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chancellor's statement live

I don't agree. Sunak does look statesmanlike alongside his colleagues, but that says more about their abject incompetence than any great qualities he has. BJ and Priti Patel would make Mr Blobby look like a statesman. He's the best of a bad bunch, and that's putting it politey.

Yes I'm not at all convinced that Sunak is some wonderful new talent, but that's how he's being sold in certain corners of the media. And yes it does seem to be largely on the basis of him knowing how a comb works, which I agree is a pretty low bar.

I don't agree. Sunak does look statesmanlike alongside his colleagues, but that says more about their abject incompetence than any great qualities he has. BJ and Priti Patel would make Mr Blobby look like a statesman. He's the best of a bad bunch, and that's putting it politely.

It's astonishing how a politician able to say their own name without looking at notes has the media creaming themselves these days. It's gotten so much worse over the 2000s because politicians have just gotten so lazily fucking incompetent it doesn't take much to shine.

Does not seem tricky does it?
if you have the tory mindset then not only would you take milk from children, you'd spend your days thinking of how you can take other things away from people because it's not fair that eg nhs staff should get free parking by hospitals when tory councillors and mps don't. so if tory councillors and mps can't have it as a matter of course then neither should anyone else.

Fuckin food vouchers, the tossers, pay the nurses car park fees instead you self serving cunts.

They haven't stopped free parking for NHS staff, the reports were they 'may do so', not that there's a plan to do so ATM.

But, it'll need to end at some sites as things get back to normal, it's bad enough for patients & visitors at my local hospital to find a space at the best of times, without staff taking all the spaces.

The mails done a bit of research as well

30573456-8505443-image-a-52_1594298652249.jpg

So afaik, the second biggest killer in this country is obesity. So they decide to massively reduce the price of fast food. When the nhs is already under huge pressure. Couldn’t make it up. Let’s fatten up the most obese country in Europe. That should do it. High fives everyone.

So afaik, the second biggest killer in this country is obesity. So they decide to massively reduce the price of fast food. When the nhs is already under huge pressure. Couldn’t make it up. Let’s fatten up the most obese country in Europe. That should do it. High fives everyone.

Not to mention general health and in particular type 2 diabetes has been a major factor in mortality rates from the virus.

Bottom was falling out of the casual dining market cos of high rents. Cafe Rouge, Las Iguanas or the other one? Zizi and others all gone into admin. The loss of Nandos would break us as a nation and social distancing would send more down the swanny. This is a business bailout. So food vouchers for the people then.

I'm not sure this is intended as a bail out in the traditional sense. It's probably not worth that much to businesses and if they wanted to provide a genuine economic stimulus they'd have included take away food, and probably some kind of scheme for retail. This is the nudge unit lot attempting to stimulate behaviour change. They want to bribe people into doing something that is high risk, or perceived high risk infection wise, which is eating out, and in particular they want to encourage the more risk averse groups to do this, such as families with young children. That, and not wanting to get shit for people getting slaughtered is likely why booze isn't included. They want us to risk our kid's lives for a cheap Nandos, and in the absence of any other meaningful stimulus measures hope people will feel they are missing out on something if they don't take part.

They haven't stopped free parking for NHS staff, the reports were they 'may do so', not that there's a plan to do so ATM.

But, it'll need to end at some sites as things get back to normal, it's bad enough for patients & visitors at my local hospital to find a space at the best of times, without staff taking all the spaces.
Which rather means that someone's buggered up their planning, somewhere. If a hospital needs a certain number of staff to operate, and if a certain proportion of the staff need to drive to work, then you don't try and price them (or the patients) out of the market - you accommodate them. Sufficient hospitals have undergone sufficient change over the last few years that, if there had been a will to be sensible about things like car parking, the opportunity has been there. I bet it hasn't been taken, properly, anywhere.

cheap fast food shite give an immediate hit. its primaevil innit. almost as if this was the cheapest short term bang for the buck they could muster. and i live on ketchup sandwiches, so i know what im on about
If they extended their altruism to salad cream, you'd be living the dream!

Thank fuck they've done the maths on a lobster and beef meal. Thought I was going to have to work that one out by myself.

Ha, I sent that thing to an extremely geeky mate who has given some fucked up but probably correct version of it which basically hinges on the fact that the mail did their maths on pre VAT rather than post, so the Mail was a little off.

And there should be fucking gravy on that KFC thing. Regardless, if I was a chain I'd be doing a Covid special!

It would have been be a drop in the ocean. Crumbs from the fucking table. They could have spun it as a patriotic thing, supporting British businesses. But they cheaped out because they can't do otherwise.
I'm not sure this is intended as a bail out in the traditional sense. It's probably not worth that much to businesses and if they wanted to provide a genuine economic stimulus they'd have included take away food, and probably some kind of scheme for retail. This is the nudge unit lot attempting to stimulate behaviour change. They want to bribe people into doing something that is high risk, or perceived high risk infection wise, which is eating out, and in particular they want to encourage the more risk averse groups to do this, such as families with young children. That, and not wanting to get shit for people getting slaughtered is likely why booze isn't included. They want us to risk our kid's lives for a cheap Nandos, and in the absence of any other meaningful stimulus measures hope people will feel they are missing out on something if they don't take part.

Fucking stupid. People can stimulate the economy without exposing themselves to potential infection. Fuck this useless piece of shit government.

Back
Top Bottom